Author Topic: Your Thoughts About Feral-Heart?  (Read 5354 times)

Offline hcj2000

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • I am what I am
    • View Profile
Re: Your Thoughts About Feral-Heart?
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2015, 10:22:56 pm »
Likes: Making friends, Roleplaying, Creating, Creating/Joining groups

Dislikes: Mate beggars, Cursing, Disrespectful players

Its not a whole lot but I just wanted to share my opinion
We are all perfectly imperfect don't let anyone decide who you should be just be yourself if someone calls you a mistake thats ok cause none of us are perfect

Offline AbstractCheesecake

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Your Thoughts About Feral-Heart?
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2015, 10:34:39 pm »
I've never actually played online, because the back end is terrible. Kovu should have open sourced the darn thing if he was going to cancel development. The whole 16 character user name limit is understandable, but user not having unique ID's? Not being able to change user names becuase of that? Log in times are completely random becuase it lags up the servers? No it's not "completely understandable" It's just dumb. FH's backend needs to rewrited from scratch! This game has so much potential, that could be unlock if it was open sourced and the server software was remade. How about NodeJS manages realtime stuff via HTTP and MongoDB takes care of all the long-term stuff (usernames, password, skins). Then we use Slack as the forum software. Welcome to the Modern Web! This game has so much head room for improvement. There's so many new technologies that could take this game beyond the next level!   >:(
*Takes deep breath*
Sorry about that.