Author Topic: How/When did you start playing FeralHeart?  (Read 6280 times)

Offline Kastilla

• my mind is a sieve for inspiration.
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 71
  • [ ] make time go faster
    • View Profile
Re: How/When did you start playing FeralHeart?
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2016, 07:30:23 pm »
I enjoy reminiscing like this. Usually because I have an odd story to go with everything, and joining FeralHeart is one odd story.

Let us go back in time, five or so years ago. June 28th, 2011 at 4 AM. I was just ending my fifth grade year as a 10 year old lil whippersnapper (do not worry, I am well above that horrible age) and was beginning to transition my interest from equines to canines. I played WolfQuest a lot at that time, I thought it was the neatest thing ever. Though, my thirst for other wolf-like games/animal-based games become stronger. I watched a lot of WolfQuest videos, too. Walkthroughs, sort-of-kinda "cheats" (remember that cheat/tip that enabled you to have both a strong and fast wolf or whatever else? Can't remember it exactly). Anyway, one day I stumbled upon this odd-looking thumbnail of a blue and purple wolf-like thingy (thought it was some kind of dinosaur, tbh). Naturally, I clicked on the video and watched it. I can't remember what urged me to find out what it was called, but once I found it I was satisfied. At that time, my mother didn't want me downloading things on the computer b/c of the chance for viruses. But, y'know I wanted to play it so bad! I awaited my mother to go to work at 3 AM so I could sneak to the PC and make my account and download it. Our machine was very loud, so I hoped to God that it wouldn't wake my father (our living room is connected to the master bedroom, it sucks I know). Luckily it did not, so I hopped on the site and registered with the name "Kastilla," which just came to mind randomly and I thought it sounded cool/cute/original and I think it is to this day. So, once I registered, I downloaded the game. I was to the brim with pure excitement, I couldn't wait to play as a white wolf named Kaynette (because that was my first thought, I really loved white wolves with yellow eyes!) So, that's what I did. Then I logged into Bonfire Island, had no idea how to control my character (I was used to the arrow keys, but that was not the case for controlling the character) thus, I got a bit frustrated when I clicked the ground. I had extreme difficulty controlling my character at first because it seemed touchy and sensitive. Other than that, though I thought there was only Bonfire Island and didn't find Ficho till the next day after school. Then I couldn't figure out how to get through that, either. Also, I never knew there was a Cape of Distant Worlds. I never made any quick friends until later, but the one user hurt my feelings in the long-run so I don't like to talk about them. Anyway, my first ever major character was based on the Balto character Jenna. Her name was Aleu (I know, that's their daughter but I really liked the name hehe), she was small and thin with yellow-green eyes. A red coat with white Husky (the first one, not the second one) markings, very beautiful in my opinion. Though, I changed her colors again and again then made her deceased as she brought back bad memories. I have since brought her back to life as a different entity, though with her likeness markings but a fox instead of a wolf/dog and she's a bit older and more wise.

Well, there is my story. Hope you all like it, I love telling the story so much. As I said before, it is an odd one. :)

Cheers,
`Wolfie A. Begley
stinky dog coming through, don't mind me!

ArcticGalaxy

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2016, 10:57:18 pm »
I actually didn't know FeralHeart even existed for the longest time. I didn't get internet until Fall of 2013 and I played pretty much nothing but WolfQuest till the summer of '14. I was getting bored, and I was searching for games like it and came across FeralHeart. I waited for 3 weeks to catch registration open and I finally did. And now here I am! ^^

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2016, 11:29:12 pm »
I joined FeralHeart in May of 2011. I was 11 years old. I discovered it simply by seeing a screenshot on Deviantart (Underaged much? Ya, I was a sneaky kid. Don't do what I did, seriously). It was when this game was still in diapers, so there wasn't a lot. There was no wings or items, no roar/howl command, much lag, and much fewer maps. I remember being so excited when I first started. It took me an hour to get out of Bonfire. I didn't know how portals and proper walking worked. :V

Every time I would turn on the in-game music (before the new patch), it sent me back to my nooblet days. Ahhh, memories.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 02:38:31 am by jengatower »

Offline CatCoffeen

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Insert LoL meme to start coding
    • CatCoffeeisgud
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2016, 12:50:27 am »
I started right now!
but i know FeralHeart since i had 6,my sister said she found a nice feral rp game and i tried out

Offline ThunderXHarley

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Ken
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2016, 01:04:34 am »
About two years ago, after playing wolf quest I found some videos on it.
Never regret something that once made you happy.

Offline AngelTheShifter

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • () PFP by K-I-N-GKai @DeviantArt
    • AngelTheShifter
    • UCd4h8siYz_DBeF9OgfH5jEw
    • AngelTheShifter
    • Jessicapinard97
    • View Profile
    • AngelTheShifter@Deviant Art
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2016, 02:28:15 am »
I think it was February of 2012 I got the chance to actually sign up for this game on my old account. But I had to wait I think 2 more or less months to actually get the game Haha! I found out about this game on YouTube watching videos and stuff. Haha, I've grown to love it since I got, and have been playing on and off since 2012 OvO Join groups, leaving groups growing up and stuff with this game haha. I think I was around maybe 13-15 Some where around there when I join and I'm 19 now But I am very bad at maths so xD
My Deviant Art
My Feral Heart Bio
AngelTheShifter In-game _ Find me on a Bunch of different characters Haha!

Offline Kouvinxx

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 30
  • TKC for life!
    • http://kouvinxx.deviantart.com/
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2016, 02:28:37 am »
I stumbled across FeralHeart back in 2011 when I was looking at Wolfquest screenshots haha.

Offline Noivern

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • gay rights
    • cannon-fire-pearl
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2016, 03:22:24 pm »
I joined on an older account in November of 2013. I was 12 at the time, and I used to play other games such as WolfQuest and go on sites like Wolfhome/Chatlands in general. I overheard people talking about FeralHeart sometime during the previous summer and became interested, but since registration was closed I had to wait awhile (probably forgot about it as well considering I registered so much later, haha). I've been on pretty much consistently since then. <3
hi:)

Offline Siarczek

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 31
  • Friendly Neighborhood Environmental Scientist
    • siarczek
    • siarczek-art
    • siarczki
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2016, 08:13:59 pm »
I used to play Wolf Quest back in the day, and if I remember correctly, I discovered Feral Heart after looking through WQ videos on Youtube.

OCs | Art | [url=https://feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=62880.n

Offline Kynvuu

• #Grimstagram
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 212
  • I'm not saying that it was aliens but...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2016, 08:56:40 pm »
Well, tad late to this thread buttttt, unlike most of ya'll who found it through WQ, I actually stumbled upon Impressive Title through YouTube videos. After researching a bit and finding that IT was no longer up and running, I discovered videos on the newly created FH, which got me excited. For some reason though, I ended up waiting till about a year after FH's release to sign up and play. Why, I don't know, but it was still a choice that was very worth it! c:
On a temporary leave. Please contact other members of staff if you need assistance.