Author Topic: How to put map up for download?  (Read 2207 times)

Offline Wolflover224

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 16
  • Im an IRL dolphin; On hiatus
    • the-sketchy-orca
    • View Profile
How to put map up for download?
« on: July 28, 2017, 01:01:37 am »
So I made this huge map I want to share with the community. I want to put it up for download so that others can download the map to have and roleplay in.
I exported it and am planning on putting it up to download, but I don't know how.
Help?

P.S. how do you get a portal back to Cape of Distant Worlds?
Thank you!!!

Offline VortexAlive

• Eevee Knight
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 180
  • A wild floof has appeared!
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • View Profile
    • VortexAlive is Rawrsome
Re: How to put map up for download?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2017, 01:20:00 am »
Create a compressed/zipped folder. Copy the things you want to share and paste them into said zipped folder. Upload the .zip to a file hosting site like mediafire or dropbox and then share the download link.

In Map Maker, load your map; Check the "Has Portal" checkbox and change its "Destination Position" to somewhere on the map that others can reach. You can also change the way they face by changing the "Arrival Yaw".
For the sake of my own health and interests, I've left FH and I won't be looking back.

Offline Wolflover224

• Community Champion
    • the-sketchy-orca
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2017, 01:55:59 am »
Create a compressed/zipped folder. Copy the things you want to share and paste them into said zipped folder. Upload the .zip to a file hosting site like mediafire or dropbox and then share the download link.

In Map Maker, load your map; Check the "Has Portal" checkbox and change its "Destination Position" to somewhere on the map that others can reach. You can also change the way they face by changing the "Arrival Yaw".

No I'm confused about the whole map-download-making process. As in I don't know what the files even are.
And I'm asking the code on how to get the portal to CODW. As in how to make a portal back. I know how to set it and stuff but I don't know how to make the destination. And when I click "has portal" and try to set it it's not there so I prefer to make another new portal to get to CODW
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 02:03:50 am by Wolflover224 »

Offline VortexAlive

• Eevee Knight
  • Honored Hero
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2017, 02:00:18 am »
When the checkbox is checked, it creates a portal in cape automatically for you. =)

Ah well, when you load the map in Map Maker and click "export" it creates a bunch of exported files in FeralHeart > exports; Those are the files you'd want to put up for downloading.
.fhm, .fho, .fhs, etc.
For the sake of my own health and interests, I've left FH and I won't be looking back.

Offline Wolflover224

• Community Champion
    • the-sketchy-orca
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2017, 02:07:57 am »
When the checkbox is checked, it creates a portal in cape automatically for you. =)

Ah well, when you load the map in Map Maker and click "export" it creates a bunch of exported files in FeralHeart > exports; Those are the files you'd want to put up for downloading.
.fhm, .fho, .fhs, etc.

Ok!
And when I try to set the yaw and other positions the portal doesn't appear where I set it. :P

Offline VortexAlive

• Eevee Knight
  • Honored Hero
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2017, 02:26:56 am »
It does offset the portal a bit... the destination is just where players arrive.

If you move your mouse around your map, in the bottom right it tells you the coords (x, y=height, z, yaw=cameraRotation) for where your mouse is currently at. It ignores objects and water though, so you'll have to figure out the actual height that you want.

Offline Wolflover224

• Community Champion
    • the-sketchy-orca
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2017, 03:03:22 am »
It does offset the portal a bit... the destination is just where players arrive.

If you move your mouse around your map, in the bottom right it tells you the coords (x, y=height, z, yaw=cameraRotation) for where your mouse is currently at. It ignores objects and water though, so you'll have to figure out the actual height that you want.

Ok
But I dont really see the portal where I'm at. The only thing the portal would be on is the terrain. I'm also mainly concerned with making a portal that will take you back to CODW, which I wanted to know.

Offline Wolflover224

• Community Champion
    • the-sketchy-orca
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2017, 11:43:20 pm »
Bump?

Offline VortexAlive

• Eevee Knight
  • Honored Hero
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2017, 12:45:45 am »
Here you go, basically a short tutorial for portals. =)

--- Portals ---

Step 1: If you want your map to have a portal in Cape, check the "Has Portal" box.

Steps 2 & 3: Set the destination for the portal when arriving from Cape into your map.
Note: If it is all set to 0, it will be in the top-left corner of the map!

Step 4: If you set a destination for it, you can jump through it to get it's information so that you can create a portal that only goes back to Cape.

Step 5: Go to the Objects tab and in the portal field type "fhCapeOfWorlds" as this is what the map is actually called by the game.
Step 6: Type in the destination info you saw earlier, this is where you will arrive in Cape!
Steps 7 & 8: Now click new object and place the portal where you want it to be.

Step 9: Make sure everything is correct before moving on!

This teaches you how to:
Set your map to have a portal in Cape.
Easily find the Cape of Distant Worlds editor name and coordinate info.
Place a portal that only leads to Cape.

Offline Wolflover224

• Community Champion
    • the-sketchy-orca
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2017, 09:08:39 pm »
Here you go, basically a short tutorial for portals. =)

--- Portals ---

Step 1: If you want your map to have a portal in Cape, check the "Has Portal" box.

Steps 2 & 3: Set the destination for the portal when arriving from Cape into your map.
Note: If it is all set to 0, it will be in the top-left corner of the map!

Step 4: If you set a destination for it, you can jump through it to get it's information so that you can create a portal that only goes back to Cape.

Step 5: Go to the Objects tab and in the portal field type "fhCapeOfWorlds" as this is what the map is actually called by the game.
Step 6: Type in the destination info you saw earlier, this is where you will arrive in Cape!
Steps 7 & 8: Now click new object and place the portal where you want it to be.

Step 9: Make sure everything is correct before moving on!

This teaches you how to:
Set your map to have a portal in Cape.
Easily find the Cape of Distant Worlds editor name and coordinate info.
Place a portal that only leads to Cape.

Thank you!!
Now all I need help with is putting files up for download!  ;D