Author Topic: Secondlife anyone?  (Read 1975 times)

Offline Quvi

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 10
  • Was Aurora01
    • View Profile
Secondlife anyone?
« on: May 15, 2014, 01:01:33 pm »
Well, so some of you may have noticed my absence lately. Homework gets piled up but there's also the above game. My sister got bored of the game so she reset everything but the appearence on the character and gave me the account. I've addicted to this western roleplay. I'm an australian shepherd and a wolf. The game is for older crowds so not everyone here can/should play it.
I have changed my name from sage01 to Aurora01!

Offline Aki1

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Listening to the music
    • View Profile
Re: Secondlife anyone?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2014, 01:43:24 pm »
I tried it but my laptop couldnt handle the graphics at the time that was back in 2011, I believe.

Find me in game Zoru, Xex, Aki, Akiree, Haku, Karasu, Len

Offline shell_prisoner

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 37
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2014, 02:09:53 pm »
I've tried SL about six years ago. I'm not sure if it is a game. It's a virtual world with its own rules (and prices!) Everything has it's price in "Linden dollar" there, so don't even think of SL if you aren't ready to spend real money for virtual things.
BTW, conversion of your local currency to linden dollar may be quite painful! That's the main reason I've left SL and not going back.

Offline Quvi

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 10
  • Was Aurora01
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2014, 05:35:26 pm »
I tried it but my laptop couldnt handle the graphics at the time that was back in 2011, I believe.
I understand. My laptop couldn't handle it at forst but when i got a new one it was much better.

I've tried SL about six years ago. I'm not sure if it is a game. It's a virtual world with its own rules (and prices!) Everything has it's price in "Linden dollar" there, so don't even think of SL if you aren't ready to spend real money for virtual things.
BTW, conversion of your local currency to linden dollar may be quite painful! That's the main reason I've left SL and not going back.

I know what you mean. It was a pain to get the stuff i have now mainly because Inwasnt interested in putting boat loads on stuff on my account.
I have changed my name from sage01 to Aurora01!

Offline darkknight

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
  • Ask Questions
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2014, 02:05:28 pm »
I've played Second Life before, it was alright for the time. I have never played it in depth, however because of the lag time and interface. As for currency, I wouldn't mind spending a dollar here and there for items, but with the virtual world, it seems a bit complex.   

The game is for older crowds so not everyone here can/should play it.
My thoughts would be summed here, also. Second Life is most definitely preferred for older audiences due to the content, interface, and advertisement. It would be loads to take in as soon as you log in. As for myself, I have not completely slipped away from Second Life for the simple reason, the game has loads of content to get the hang of. If I really play in the world and like it, then I'm good. If I really play in the world and don't like as much as I would thought, then, oh well. Least I given it a try.   
Image © Mikita Kavalenka