Author Topic: Kik or Skype?  (Read 4313 times)

DreamerDay

Kik or Skype?
« on: January 24, 2015, 01:06:03 pm »
Well, which one do you choose? With these apps you can talk to anyone and more faster on mobile. So, would rather chat with your friends on cam or just chat? There's no right or wrong answer here because it's just opinions here, am I right?

Before we start, I want to do a few explaing.

Kik : What Is It?
 Kik is just one of many free texting apps available in the App/Play store without having to use a phone number. Just search and you'll find the person.

Abilities:    
Chat
Play games              
Search other chat rooms that is sponsor by Kik
Play music
Connect with everyone around the world!!

Is it safe?
Of course!

Now...

Skype is pretty similar to Kik, but never close to matching. It does allow you to chat with others but better. You can also video chat with others! It's great to meet and see each other "cam to cam". Skype allows you call, text, and video chat with others.

Abilities:
Chat
Video chat
Send messages
Talk on the phone?
And do other cool things.

Is it Safe?
Tbh...it depends on you.

Now, which one would you choose?
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 01:08:15 pm by DestinyDesires »

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
Re: Kik or Skype?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2015, 02:17:41 pm »
Before people respond, I would like to ask everyone to please be smart and to not share any Skype/Kik user names here as it will be accessible to everyone on FeralHeart and anyone who visits. However, if you know you can trust someone with the knowledge of your username, please exchange that detail via PM or Private chat.

Arf, with that said, I pretty much prefer Skype. It is easy to use, you can contact people easily, and I use it a lot to get in touch with close friends online and friends in reality. Generally, it is just a trusty thing to use in order to contact people. Kik, however, I have heard a few bad things about it, so I've not really touched it all that much. But yes, if I NEEDED to choose like my life depended on it (which we all know won't, lol) Skype is my option.

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone

Offline .Ghostly.

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
  • help me polarize
    • fzzysocks
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2015, 02:30:19 pm »
Moo.. I choose both >u< But if I really had to choose one, I would say skype.

fry bread obsessed smol bean
Ingame user: .Ghostly.

DreamerDay

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2015, 02:41:25 pm »
For Me, it would have to Kik. I really don't trust/ work with Skype enough so I don't really bother with it. Kik be fun.

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2015, 02:53:23 pm »
Vespian has never really used Kik before. Never really heard of it actually till now. I use Skype on a regular basis. Have it on my phone, Kindle Fire, laptop, Xbox One, etc. mainlybecausemyfriendsaresoneedy and whenever I'm not busy with class work or other reality tasks, I'll linger onto the program. Havin' used it for years, it's durable in my opinion and one ye' can depend on. I've never really had any sorts of problems with it and it's my gateway to speakin' to individuals all over the world. My family uses it as well which has caused me to start usin' it.
With that said, Vespian chooses Skype.
gone

Offline Kastilla

• my mind is a sieve for inspiration.
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 71
  • [ ] make time go faster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2015, 03:14:10 pm »
I never really use either, though like Mr. Vespian said, I've never heard of Kik until quute recently.
Sure, it's good for me to connect with my friends'n all, but... I hafe to contact them first before they would even choose to chat with me.
But, in the long run, I prefer Skype, it's easy to use'n you can at least talk face to face(which I like) and actually hear the person to know what their tone is.
There's my two cents.
stinky dog coming through, don't mind me!

Offline Vask

• #2FAB4U
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 80
  • Chaotic Neutral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2015, 03:45:47 pm »
I think I've heard of 'Kik' at least once before, but I never knew it was a chatting app (program?). As for myself, I prefer using Skype. I can't say this for others here, but I only use mine to chat with my online buddies. I find it rather fun to 'text' and chat with them so often in a big group message. It really livens up my day for them to be there when I wake up and when I get to bed. It's also very fun to connect even more and voice chat on there! I've definitely had some laughter-filled nights because of Skype. Aside from that, its just a very simple and easy thing to use in my opinion. Plus it seems a little more private than what you described to be Kik.

Love this topic<3

Offline shell_prisoner

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 37
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2015, 08:22:48 pm »
None of these. Both are poor choice. Don't use them for anything you would not say on public, they're not secure. And be careful with Skype, it was caught while looking through files on users' devices.

Offline Whinp

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 50
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2015, 07:10:19 pm »
None of these. Both are poor choice. Don't use them for anything you would not say on public, they're not secure. And be careful with Skype, it was caught while looking through files on users' devices.

Wait, what... I hope this is some joke from Microsoft.

Oh yeah, they own Windows and whatever, so they must've though, "almost every pc has windows so lets look through their files lel omg microsoft is s00 smart!"

Anyways, I think I would pick up Skype anyways, since I never used Kik...

In-game name as: Whinp

Thierry

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2015, 07:31:40 pm »

Microsoft is full of backdoors, If you have something to hide, don't even use windows nor plug the internet cable :P
Anyway, what you would suggest for a common user?

As my choice, i don't see any version of kik for computers, and I don't like to chat when im using a phone unless its really needed, so i keep stuck on skype.