Author Topic: Stuck on the loading screen  (Read 1813 times)

Offline 0kane

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Stuck on the loading screen
« on: January 06, 2017, 06:14:36 pm »
Hello !
I am not banned, I can log in, I can use the character maker/selecting screen, but as soon as I try to play the game (so, load a map), the game stay stuck on the loading screen for a few minutes and then eventually stop responding.
I tried to reset my character's home, but it remains the same.
I tried to see if others people had the same problem, but I haven't seen any.
So, what could be the cause of this ? And how can I fix it ? (preferably without having to reinstall the game)
Thanks !

Offline VortexAlive

• Eevee Knight
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 180
  • A wild floof has appeared!
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • View Profile
    • VortexAlive is Rawrsome
Re: Stuck on the loading screen
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2017, 06:32:18 pm »
Have you installed any mods or messed with any files recently? There might be an error somewhere.
For the sake of my own health and interests, I've left FH and I won't be looking back.

Offline 0kane

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2017, 06:33:57 pm »
Have you installed any mods or messed with any files recently? There might be an error somewhere.
I didn't, that's why I'm confused. Last time I played the game, it ran just fine, and I didn't touch it until now.

Offline VortexAlive

• Eevee Knight
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 180
  • A wild floof has appeared!
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • View Profile
    • VortexAlive is Rawrsome
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2017, 06:47:45 pm »
It sounds like there could be something missing or corrupted then... unfortunately the only solution to that would be to get a fresh install, I recommend renaming your current FeralHeart folder to "FeralHeartBackup1" before doing so, to keep things you want to keep and to make sure nothing that was corrupted remains.
This can help with installation: tinyurl.com/vtxTutorial

It could also probably just be a rendering system issue, in which case if you open the ogre.cfg with notepad and change "Render System=Direct3D9 Rendering Subsystem" to Render System=OpenGL Rendering Subsystem" or vice versa, that might help.
For the sake of my own health and interests, I've left FH and I won't be looking back.

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2017, 10:27:47 pm »
I had this issue yesterday too. I uninstalled a custom map that I had just installed that I think contributed to the problem. It could also be time, because even after I uninstalled the map it still happened. I chose not to log in for the rest of the day and when I logged in today, I was just fine.

So, you could just give it time and it could sort itself out. If it hasn't fixed even after a while of giving it a break, do as Vortex suggested and do a fresh install. ^^
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.