Author Topic: ? Mewzic's Terrain Texture Pack! [WIP] ?  (Read 3909 times)

Offline Mewzic

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 32
  • i'm baaack.
    • View Profile
? Mewzic's Terrain Texture Pack! [WIP] ?
« on: February 29, 2012, 12:23:36 am »
Alright, so I just started messing around with the FH+ Terrain Textures and I came out with some pretty good textures. I will be allowing the FH users to use the terrain textures once I get enough time to put them all in a .zip file! Please feel free to request a Terrain texture, for I can make it easily! :D

This is what I call "Meadowlands" because, the terrain looks like a mixture of different Forest-like textures with a light shade of flowers.

This is called "Icelands" because, it has a nice snow-ice terrain with an amazing shade of blue, turquoise, and purple.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 12:26:31 am by Mewzic »

Offline Goldchocobo

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 67
    • Aquachocobo
    • GoldchocoboFH
    • View Profile
Re: ? Mewzic's Terrain Texture Pack! [WIP] ?
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2012, 01:07:03 am »
good job on a first try :)

but.. can I give some advise? I was part of a  CGart course that learnt how to texture large objects that needed to be tiled- so I'm not just a 'random' person ^^

but the 'Medows' does seem to be very tiled, you can see where it repeats. I don't know what softwhere you have- Photoshop, Gimp or just MSPaint. but in order for your texture not to be tiled, you have to look for certain parts of the texture that would be seen easially when repeated, such as the blue-ish streak. It's a bit weird to understand- 'to make a repeating texture make it look the same' but it's how I understand the whole tileing process. If you do have Photoshop- there is a tool you can use- the patch tool, to reduce the visable tileing.

Offline Mewzic

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 32
  • i'm baaack.
    • View Profile
Re: ? Mewzic's Terrain Texture Pack! [WIP] ?
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2012, 09:20:14 pm »
I noticed that, but I have no idea how to fix it with MS Paint. D: I normally use Gimp, but as of right now I'm having some issues with loading it.