Author Topic: Industrial City  (Read 3653 times)

Offline PoisonIVy12

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
  • Colin the Cornhusky is Life
    • View Profile
    • Professor Flannigan's Lab
Re: Industrial City
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2016, 03:40:52 am »
Hey everyone, sorry I blipped off the radar for so many months.

Anyway, I'm afraid I'm not going to be able to finish this map unless something drastic happens.

See, soon after I got my own computer set up with FeralHeart I all but stopped using the downstairs computer that I've been using for the past few years to create my maps and play FH in general. However, I became nostalgic a few weeks ago and decided to play with my old maps downstairs and continue my work on those projects.

Well, that didn't work out. I can't play the game for longer than 3 minutes before EVERYTHING locks up--- the cursor, Control-Alt-Delete--- nothing responds. Not even the power button on the computer. (You have to hold it to get anything to happen; in other words, completely shutting down the computer is the only way to get the game to turn off.) I have no idea why it started doing this, but I think it's safe to say that I'll no longer be able to work on any of my old maps, including this beauty.

I'm sorry to have to say this and even more sorry that I can't update any of my old projects at all as of now.
Find me ingame as PoisonIVy12!

Cy, the eccentric rebel against the world. Oh, and wordsmith. :D

Offline BradiBytes

• Experienced Traveler
  • lmao dudes
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2016, 03:44:09 am »

Man, that really sucks!
I'm sorry to hear that it didn't work out for ya.
However, if it did, I'm certain it would've been amazing.
Those screenshots. Wow.

Sig - Seanixx || Avatar - Me

Offline Hakumi

• ✩ Just A Virtuous Smol ✩
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 130
  • A Smol & Helpful Floof ~
    • leanim3fr3akzoid
    • LeAnim3Fr3akzoid
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2016, 03:45:43 am »
Despite what happened, these so far looked amazing c:

Keep on traveling across this road called 'Life.'

Discord: Haku - Haku#74O7

Offline PoisonIVy12

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2016, 09:25:40 pm »
Thanks y'all :)

Turns out it's the computer's problem and it's been locking up on everything for everyone, and apparently won't even start up now. Looks like I'll be starting over again; I may make a new city map but I'll definitely miss the old one and all the work that went into it.

Offline SophyTheLioness

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 14
  • FUZZY LLAMA COOL LLAMA SEXY LLAMA
    • ValentinaTheWolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2016, 02:06:58 pm »
This looks INSANELY EPIC!!!
:(
Edit; im sorry to hear this, i hope you can recover this map from yer files :(
I'M YOUR OBSESSIVE SABLE MOMMA.

Signature art by bab number 1 Kiaz <3
Avatar art by bab number 2 Cocoadoq <3

(Psst, check out my free species! If you like canines... Check out this thread ;) http://www.feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=57355.0

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2016, 05:38:28 pm »
Oh my, I'm very sorry to hear that. The progress that you've made on the map so far looks absolutely beautiful, but I am sure that even if re-doing everything is the only way to keep the concept going, you will still do a fantastic job with it. Even though you may not be able to get the exact same result as you were planning, you still have talent and creativity that can make something really incredible. If it's possible, you could always try backing up the map files, object files/folders, and screenshots and keeping it somewhere besides your computer. Some users have had issues putting FH files back onto another computer when doing this, but you might be able to salvage some of your progress. Nonetheless, good luck!

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

Offline PoisonIVy12

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2016, 07:15:28 pm »

Update: There may be a way or two to save my maps--- I considered moving over the entire FeralHeart folder over to the secondary drive (if the computer doesn't crash in the process). My dad suggested we put the hard drive into a new machine since the drive itself isn't the issue. So who knows? Maybe someday I'll be able to work on this stuff again. Right now the future looks bleak, but hey, maybe I'll be able to work on it still, give or take a few months. I can hope, haha...
With college coming up I wouldn't have time to work on my maps anyway, even if the computer situation were fixed. So yeah... someday. XD