Author Topic: ~ Duskwood Pack ~  (Read 1742 times)

Elder Wolf

~ Duskwood Pack ~
« on: July 20, 2012, 06:04:57 am »

This is the ad you'll see in the plains:

"--  Duskwood Pack  --  We're a mapped, literate, active, and realistic wolf pack.  We have a website, a huge forest map with music, and over 80 (currently 20/7/2012) members.  Find Aiden Viho near the cape portal or whisper to join; RP sample required."

This is our typical ad, but with limited space to advertise, I could only hit on the main generic points of our group.

Let me start off by taking note that I said "our group."  That's because although I've made the group, advertise for it, keep everything running smoothly, we are a family in the Duskwood Pack.  This pack has been such a blessing for me.  It's a blessing because its available on those days you really need to be lifted up; the people in this pack are incredible and should be credited for just being awesome.

Now, to cover some of the FAQ for this pack:

What is an RP sample?
     An RP sample is an example of how you roleplay.  This is done so I can check to make sure that you RP with proper grammar and punctuation as well as length.  

Is there a length requirement for RP in the group?
     Yes, the minimum is 2 sentences - this is mainly for those moments when you really can't think of what else to say in a situation but know you need to say something.

I gave you an RP sample, but why can't I join?
     You either didn't meet the requirements I look for in a sample, or your coat colors may not be realistic enough.  Being blue, green, deep red, or bright orange or yellow are not realistic wolf colors.

Do you allow items?
     I do allow items, but only the ear feather, twig, and the tail leaf.  Other items are not realistic and this guideline should be respected since we are a realistic group.

Who made the map?
     Tie Wolf made the map and may be making seasonal maps for us since we have grown so quickly. (and are continuously growing!)

Anything else I should know before I try to join this pack?
     We don't have a plot line for our pack.  We bounce off of one another's own personal bios / stories and really mold and shape the plot according to the people that are in it.  We are working on a "pack within the pack" as our rivals.  We are also a Native American based wolf pack - the music in the map is NA flute music, the stories told by our elder are all real NA folklore passed down by many tribes, and the map has a very aesthetically pleasing feel to it.  Also, we were officially a pack in early June 2012.  :)

I mentioned stories, yep, stories.  I'd have to say that this is what our pack is most well known for.  We have story time and sometimes invite our allies to join us.  Now, I've had a few people tell me that it sounds ridiculous to have story-time in an RP group, but each and every one of the wolves that have attended story time have enjoyed every ounce of it.  Regarding stories, I have been tossing around the idea of having people write some for the group to use while keeping the moral purpose and native feel to the way its written.

Still not sure about Duskwood Pack?  To be honest, this isn't a pack for someone that takes jokes harshly.  We joke around a lot.  We really get to know one another quite well, both IC and OOC.  Some topics get out of hand and I keep the air pretty mild when it comes to topics and jokes - so if a line is crossed where someone is uncomfortable or being "targetted" - I address it immediately and everyone seems to be receptive to it.  We really don't have much of any problems.

Still not sure?  Ask me some questions, I'll be sure to answer them as best I can.

Want a preview of the map?  Go to the pack youtube channel at:  http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFlBoKZhnH5KUmgeRMkQB9Q/videos

We also have a facebook page for our allies and members to like and get updates on.

And, of course, we have our website:  http://duskwoodpack.webs.com/

If you want to join --  Please add me as a friend in FH.  Do NOT send a group request.  Since I require an RP sample to join, I need to be able to see your username - and the only way I'd be able to see your username if you do this is by accepting you into the pack and I don't feel comfortable doing this.  So please, whisper me every here and there until you catch me or add me as a friend so you can whisper me when I'm online.  My username is Elder Wolf

I hope to see some of you in-game!  :D