Author Topic: how do you feel about groups with lots of strict rules?  (Read 2720 times)

Offline SophyTheLioness

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 14
  • FUZZY LLAMA COOL LLAMA SEXY LLAMA
    • ValentinaTheWolf
    • View Profile
Re: how do you feel about groups with lots of strict rules?
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2017, 01:36:58 am »
I think its dumb to put strict rules on smth that should be fun but, its their groups and they have the right to put whatever they want in them. Also the fact that it really depends on what kind of rules they are... Like, a rule saying your mate can only be 'x' years old, of certain rank, certain size and etc. it would be ridiculous. Where's the fun that?! I especially hate rules that involve a "must-do" registering or posting on the forum before roleplaying. If its like an invitation, "Hey u can register but its not necessary", go ahead but, a requirement? It sounds more like a "YOU MUST REGISTER ON THE FORUM OF MY RP THAT'LL LAST LESS THAN 4 DAYS ALIVE."
I'M YOUR OBSESSIVE SABLE MOMMA.

Signature art by bab number 1 Kiaz <3
Avatar art by bab number 2 Cocoadoq <3

(Psst, check out my free species! If you like canines... Check out this thread ;) http://www.feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=57355.0

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2017, 07:09:03 pm »
I have noticed a serious increase in strict rules over the past few years concerning Rp groups.

Not exactly a fan of it, since most good rule lists can be counted on with only your hands(and sometimes less is more). I can understand why strictness would be brought about since the playerbase is getting older and, you know, ya wanna keep things nice and organized/serious.

But the rules I have a big issue on is required time to be online. I've even seen that on other games/servers and it's downright annoyin'.

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline Lady_RavenRose

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 18
  • BUMPY SNOW
    • RavenBlackRose1996
    • View Profile
    • The Kreptic Circle
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2017, 04:18:05 am »
Personally I enjoy a group with a nice amount of rules. Not to many, But not to little either.
In a group with too many rules, I feel like you can't have fun or let your guard down. Or you risk getting yelled at. But groups need structure and they need rules. Without any rules you always risk having to deal with Drama or other issues. Drama can and will accrue, even groups with lots of rules have drama still, but I just feel it would be far more hectic without any rules? So for me I need like a perfect in between, not to many rules but at least some.
But I think this also depends on the groups you've been apart of. I could be used to the way I like rules purely because I've been in a group with a good amount of rules for almost 6 years now haha. But yea that's my opinion on that o; 

Offline Siarczek

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 31
  • Friendly Neighborhood Environmental Scientist
    • siarczek
    • siarczek-art
    • siarczki
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2017, 08:07:10 am »
Some strict rules seem pointless- others I feel are necessary.

That being said, strict activity rules can be extremely annoying. Having to be online 4 days a week isn't always realistic for busy university students like myself. It's the reason I usually only join groups in the summer when I have free time- would kinda suck to get kicked from a group because of taking time away from FH to study for exams or something.

OCs | Art | [url=https://feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=62880.n

Offline OnionKnight

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 11
  • Mulligan is my boi <3
    • OnionKnightly
    • View Profile
    • Deliverance
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2017, 07:16:20 pm »
Depends on the rules, and what one person would consider "strict" is not the same as probably another person would also consider strict. It's opinion based.

I prefer groups with a good set of rules, and a good community starts off with a good set of rules and order. I've joined my fair share of role plays where the chaos was too much for me to handle. Rules regarding respect is big, and I appreciate roleplays that hold their members to a standard. Rules don't always mean "strict" and I've come to realize that having joined multiple myself with rulesets that some would consider "strict" and yet the community is fantastic. Size and color restrictions are also important if the roleplay has a certain setting or a vibe.

At the end of the day, it all comes down to preference. If a long list of rules isn't someone's preference then FH has other options available to them. ^^ Creativity doesn't end at the rules imo.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 07:18:28 pm by OnionKnight »

Profile gif [c] TheSpookyWolf
Signature art [c] Kr00bs

Offline Michen_S

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
    • michensneeuwhart
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2017, 10:09:09 pm »
Some rules are great to keep the RP in the line it is meant to go. Point is, how strict is too strict? There's no single answer on that. I've seen RPs with a strict aging rule. Is that bad? Not at all! Granted, it'd take some of the fun away for me, but it's not a bad rule. Some have you required to join their site. Is that bad? Again, no, but then I don't want to join anymore.

With that in mind, a lot of rules can be put in that mindset. It's a personal opinion whether they're rules you'd rather not see when joining a roleplay group, but they're not bad. Of course there is such a thing as going too far with rules, which is why I said "a lot". For example, I've seen a ruleset that mentioned that you'd get kicked out of the group without warnings upon violating the rules... Ooo-kaaay?