Author Topic: Abyss of the Red Moon ~sample~  (Read 1436 times)

Offline blueroseknight95

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 16
  • *casually licks your screen*
    • yumimomochi95
    • View Profile
    • Find It in Your Heart To Role-Play!
Abyss of the Red Moon ~sample~
« on: February 07, 2013, 05:21:15 pm »
((It's a work in progress, but... Heh, I'll finish it later. XD School is kinda digging in to my story time, so you may have to wait for more after school. Tell me what you think so far! I was reading "Of Mice and Men" while I was writting this in my journal... that makes my 20th journal that I've started writting my stories in. And, I don't just mean 1 or two pages... I mean like 12 pages per chapter. XD But, they're all separate, so I guess it's not really all that confusing... enjoy. :3))

A harvest moon had risen high in the bejewled, felt-like sky.
    The forest below was strangely quiet, as a couple of wolves sat upon a cliff. They stared out at a gruesome scene of death in front of them...
    The land was deprived and misted by a cloud of dust. The Death creeped slowly across the land like a phantom. Animals who touched this land choked and perished within seconds of planting a paw. They had seen the violent scene amongst the pack that resided in the territory...
    "What is that...?" one of the wolves asked in a feminine voice. Her grey pelt seemed to stand on end.
    "I don't know..." a masculine voice emitted from the maw if the wolf that sat beside her. His rust colored pelt seemed to have the same reaction as hers.
    "Rusty!" she wailed as she directed her brown-eyed gaze towards the sky. "Look there!"
    He looked up. His green eyes widened in horror... the moon was slowly turning red, as if it were a glass being filled to the top by a sweet, crimson wine. "Jean," he said calmly, but fearfully. "We need to tell the Alpha..."
    "Let's go..." the fae responded as she turned and began running in he opposite direction of the Land of Death.
    Rusty looked ou at it one last time. His pupils contracted as he saw the death slowly crawl up the cliff, trying to consume him. He quickly ran after his companion with a whimper, and his tail between his legs.

In another part of the forest, a black wolf laid away from the pack. She had the best view of their home. She closed he eyes and lifted her muzzle into the air as she felt a cool breeze slither across her pelt. This was how peace felt...
    "Abyss," a male's voice rang from beside her.
    She opened her eyes to see the solid white pelt of a large wolf. Her golden eyes suddenly met his blue eyed gaze.
    "Alpha?" she said with a small tilt of her head.
    He plopped onto his haunches beside her and directed his gaze towards the forest. "Why do you not join the pack for the meal?"
    She sighed as she sat up. "I don't fit in. I never have, and probably never will."
    "Tell me, Abyss." he said, looking at her from the corner of his eye. "Why did you say 'yes' when I asked you to join my pack?" His voice was calm and cool.
    "I... wanted to be a part of something." she reverted her optics towards the moon. "All my life, I had been told that the black wolf meant bad luck for the pack... I was always told that I was destined to be a lone wolf in this world, and wouldn't be accepted in any pack."
    "Then why did you join my pack?" He followed her muzzle and gazed at the moon with her.
    "I wanted to rewrite my destiny to fit my path; not the path others have said that I will most likely follow."
    "And what is your destiny, if I may ask?" he blinked as he waited for an answer.
    Suddenly, the light from a dying star streaked across the night sky. It seemed to make her golden eyes gleam with determination. "My destiny is unwritten. I don't believe in such a thing, because one's life cannot take a path that everyone expects one to take."
    "You seem to be confident." He directed hia vision towards the fae beside him.
    A far rush of wind howled and a gust drove through the tops of the trees like a wave as they sat in silence.
    Suddenly, the alpha's ears perked and his eyes widened. "Something's wrong..." he said as he stood up and looked out over his territory. "Something's very wrong..."
    As if the sudden urge had washed over the both of them, they simaltaniously gazed at the moon once more. The moon had been painted in the color of blood right before their eyes.
    As quickly as it had come, the wind died, leaving the forest silent again; deathly silent.
    The female's eyes widened. "Alpha...!" she whispered in shock. "The moon...!"
    Suddenly, the shrill shreek of the scouting fae rang from the side of the pack's home. "Alpha!" She could sense that he knew something was wrong. "Alpha, what's happening?" she panted as she slowed to a trot, and then to a final stop in front of the two.
    "I don't know..." he responded quietly. "Where's Rusty?"
    On que, the rust pelted brute weezed as he became visible behind the grey female.
    "What did you see, Rusty?" the alpha asked, remaining proud and strong.
    "The..." he tried to catch his breath. "The land started dying under our paws, Alpha.... we were in the east, because we had seen birds retreating away from there. Our... our neighboring pack went insane...!" the despiration in his voice sang, as he began to shake. "They attacked one and killed one another..." his voice trailed into a whisper. "The alpha won every fight, and would have come after us, if if he hadn't died mid-leap..."
    "So..." the grey fae said faintly. "So much... blood...!" she fainted onto the shoulders of Rusty, who instinctively caught her.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 07:36:13 pm by Muramasa »
Sorry for my absence. I've been dealing with� ex boyfriend problems�