Author Topic: Rescue Stories by Echo (Real)  (Read 1010 times)

Offline Compass

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
  • Professional Lurker
    • admirally
    • admiralyre
    • View Profile
Rescue Stories by Echo (Real)
« on: August 26, 2013, 10:09:52 pm »
These are the stories of the underdogs. Some dogs are troublemakers, and these are the Homeward Bound stories that happen in an everyday fashion. These are the happy stories!

Thunder the Siberian Husky:
This dog has many stories, but heres some background about this dog: Thunder is a gigantic, muscle-y Siberian Husky. He tends to break free of his chains when his owners aren't there. This is my favorite story of Thunder.

Thunder the Skater:
This story starts in April, this April. I was with my cousin, and all of a sudden, we hear a loud howling noise from the corner of my yard. At that moment, a husky appears. He seems so scared, and I remember him from seeing him walking around with his owner. "Thunder!" I say calmly and repeatedly, until I get his attention. The dog wags his tail and runs up to me. No need to ask his owner if I can pet him, his owner isn't here! What I found dragging at his neck surprised me, he had a think chain hooked onto his collar, and ruggedly broken at the end. My cousin was wearing rollerblades, but he picked up the end of the chain. Thunder wagged his tail faster, and started to trot around my driveway. My cousin was pulled along at a light pace. "Don't worry!," I said, remembering the situation, "His owner does this with a skateboard!" My neighbor ran outside when she saw us, "What? Who's this? Thunder! I'm going to get a leash, BRB!" After she got the leash, we returned the happy dog, to an even happier owner.

Pickles the Domestic Shorthair:
Pickles... the evil cat. He's a born killer, unlike his name. Huh, this story isn't about him, it's about saving things from him.

The Nest (Blood warning):
One day, about 3 years ago, I was sitting outside enjoying a beautiful day. All of a sudden, Pickles the cat dashes in front of me. I see he is carrying something, so I yell at him, "DROP IT, YOU EVIL CAT!" he stops and sets it down, dashing away as if to mock me. I move in to see what he was carrying. What I see disturbs me until this very day. A baby bunny was taking ragged gasped breaths even I could hear. He has two neat holes on either side of his neck. I screamed and my mother and father ran over, carrying a big cardboard box. "What's the matter? Are you okay, hun?" My Dad asks worriedly. "I'm fine, but that isn't." I say in disgust, pointing to the wounded bunny. "Oh my..." says my Mom, setting down the cardboard box. I peek in out of curiosity, my jaw dropping at what I see. There were two more baby bunnies, even more hurt than the one I found. Those one were breathing silently though, cuddled up and shaking in fear. My brother comes out, his eyes alight with rage, "I need you to come help me, we are going to make this cat wish he never set foot in that woods." He says to me. What? What woods? I thought, a lot of forest was around my house. He brings me across the road, and points to a small snippet of woods. He looks in between two gnarled roots of a massive tree and stares. "Look." He whispers, I stare at what I thought I would never see. A hole has dug in the gaps of two roots, and a nest of who-knows-how-many littles bunnies was curled up there. My brother stiffened and whispered urgently, "The cat is coming, hide." I scramble in between to bushes as the cat comes into the woods. He daintily selects a baby bunny, who squeaks in dismay. At this point I was so undoubtedly mad I screeched at the top of my lungs. The cat freezes in fear and runs faster than the wind. I pound after the brute, still yelling. Later we returned the baby bunnies, making sure not to put too much human scent on it. Later that year we see half grown bunnies running around, and I am as proud as their parents.  

More stories coming soon!