Author Topic: Need feedback for the beginning of my novel [Paranormal Romance]  (Read 1841 times)

Offline VehementlyVamp

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • ?� "Quoth the Raven, 'Nevermore.'" �?
    • VehementlyVampirical
    • NevermoreNovels
    • View Profile
    • Official Site
If anyone would be so kind as to give the beginning of my novel,Forever, a read and leave me their honest opinion (be constructive, not rude, please) I'd really appreciate it! It's of the Paranormal Romance genre and contains a lot of mature content, so read at your own discretion. Below is the description of the story and two links to where you can read the prologue, first chapter and guide to the vampire species featured in the book.

If you were given the choice to end yourself and cease your suffering or to continue fighting for an eternal life filled with love, which one would you choose?

Rose Amour, a misunderstood teenage girl with secrets encased deep inside her, relinquishes all prospects of a tranquil existence. An ever haunting, battered childhood leaves her high and dry with the exception of a bleak outlook of the future until a particular boy slinking around town catches her attention immediately: Gregory Catalin, who holds the ultimate Power, Power that has long been yearned for by those with the most malevolent intentions. He is the mysterious, enticing boy hiding behind a head of hair, the one who seems extremely unapproachable and distant, the guy with those piercing, ice blue eyes that seem as if they could gaze into the depths of your soul and hold your stare for all eternity. At once, he is intimidating, yet alluring, but blind to the internal beast that can be awoken by an immensely desired perennial. With his unpredictable nature and a weapon once thought to be an object of lore, Gregory knows that anyone who ventures into his vicinity will remain at great risk. Nonetheless, Rose becomes drawn to him like flies to honey. With one glance from this strange misfit, she is determined to get to the bottom of who he is. She wants him. She longs for him day and night. She needs him. If and when she is successful in obtaining him, will she be able to hold on to her prize, or will the forces of darkness be too much to handle? For better or worse, she'll stop at nothing to have him-even if the fragile core of her heart never ceases to beat.

http://www.worthyofpublishing.com/book.asp?book_ID=34310

http://vehementlyvampirical.deviantart.com/gallery/30065264/Forever
Married to Damon -6.7.16.- <3

-Not all those who wander are lost.-

"Love is the only thing worth fighting for."-Daniel Grigori

Preach

Re: Need feedback for the beginning of my novel [Paranormal Romance]
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2016, 10:45:44 pm »
YES GURL.

Pfft, just go with it. :D Don't doubt yourself.

I really like where this is going. You can really tell the feelings that this girl has for him. Plus, the imagery in this very alive and well thought out. Even though i don't enjoy paranormal stuff or anything with...demons, I really love the chemistry of romance in this. Me - I am girl who loves romance and would do every single rp based on romance. You friend has this talent and I encourage you to continue. :p Don't let anyone stop because romance is trickiest things to do.

The writer, or writers in general, needs to explain what he or she is feeling for this particular person. Spice it. Flavor it. And just put everything together. Writing is meant to capture the reader and their attention, and you seem to capture mine. I also do enjoy mature scene ;) That should make your story more interesting.

I like it. Hope to see chapter 1 release soon.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2016, 10:48:24 pm by Preach »