Author Topic: New Age  (Read 2448 times)

Offline Kornerupine

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
New Age
« on: June 09, 2016, 08:58:14 pm »
The new generation in the new age.

She opened her eyes. Long, fluffy limbs, already full-grown. They were a deep blue-black, with silvery toes and orange stripes. There was just enough mane of the same silver to brush her chin when she leaned her head down into it.

She tried to rise-- something hindered her. She awkwardly ruffled her fur- her fur--

Her feathers. She looked up, and great wings spanning from her shoulders to her tail extended above her as if to crown her, body and all. They were ridiculous.

She licked her lips, and felt her own large nose-- stuck onto a tiny snout.

Stretching the wings-- her wings, a few times, she awkwardly stumbled forward-- then galloped, slowed to a trot, and ran again--

One heavy flap of her wings, and she lifted. Panicked, she rode a light breeze, trying not to move against it- and surveyed the area.

Animals tested their limbs on the infant rock, the newborn trees, the soft and young grass. She could feel such newness, such- air. The air was clean and cool.

She pawed the air, hovering. Between her paws was the dust of something else, dust like a parent to her. She breathed. She could smell the new-world-- and somewhere there, the old-world. She wondered--

What magnificence was built before, to be so much, so dedicated as to become this?

The cool air was making her thirsty. She swooped down to a little pool, with something bright in the middle, and drank-- ruffled her wings in the water to cool herself down.

The animals around her were starting to gain their footing. Starting to recognize the area around them.

The new generation in the new age.

(Don't know if short stories are popular here, but I was inspired by the update today. ^-^;)

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
Re: New Age
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2016, 09:04:45 pm »
This is beautiful.

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya

Offline Reaper

• Exotic Butters
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 72
  • OOF
    • http://firesboss.deviantart.com/
    • ravenmccain1
    • witheredfoxy12
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2016, 09:07:17 pm »
Wow this is a lovely story you made. It also has a peaceful vibe to it, which makes it even better.

Offline Hakumi

• ✩ Just A Virtuous Smol ✩
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 130
  • A Smol & Helpful Floof ~
    • leanim3fr3akzoid
    • LeAnim3Fr3akzoid
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2016, 09:09:13 pm »
I absolutely love this.
Well done c:
I hope you possibly do some more in the future ^.^

Keep on traveling across this road called 'Life.'

Discord: Haku - Haku#74O7

Offline Kornerupine

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2016, 09:22:50 pm »
Thank you all! I'll probably write more with this character soon :)

ArcticGalaxy

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2016, 09:29:37 pm »
Ah, this is a great story fluff! Good job!

Offline Kornerupine

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2016, 06:19:55 am »
She had come upon a lonesome isle. Not the larger one, connected to a quiet landmass, but something tiny, floating out in the middle of the ocean and almost shifting in the waves.

Her wings would soon be too wet to fly-- and then, she supposed, she'd have to rest. Moonlight watched her like a cat's wide eyes, and the stars shone uninterrupted.

She thought-- where did she come from? And at once, the thought seemed obvious. She must always have been. And at the start of always, she'd woken up to a distant bird's call.

She felt safe when she heard that lasting shriek. Her home. Her birthplace, if the concept even made sense. Cool air and dewy grass and bird-screeches.

How long had always been? The sun had moved a fair amount, and now only its remnants lit the moon. She wondered if it would return before her patience wore thin.

Blue called at her like lapping waves, like the fur on long limbs. She stretched out and batted the blue, tried to catch the silver stars between her webbed toes-- but felt nothing but air. Maybe it was still, somehow, stars?

If she thought it was, she supposed it could be.

Maybe she was stars. Maybe the dense, blanketing air. Maybe a bird's screech--

She was one of the smaller ones, with a short, square muzzle, short ears and long whiskers.

She settled, brushed the scraping sand into a nest which she combed her fur against-- before closing her eyes and focusing on the tide-- the restless shifting of a lonesome isle.

(Starting to like this character! :) Definitely going to continue to write about her here)