Author Topic: Need Help!!!  (Read 2325 times)

Offline Loccora

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
Need Help!!!
« on: July 28, 2016, 07:55:23 pm »
So, I kinda need some advice for a book I'm working on writing. One of the characters is being tortured but eventually escapes, which isn't really the point. Later on, she comes across the one who was torturing her and the two eventually become friends, that part I already know. The only problem is, how can I get the girl who was tortured (Cypher) to trust her torturer enough to befriend her? Thoughts? Any ideas would be great! Thanks, and I sure hope you all have some ideas....thanks!

Offline CosmoFursi

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 97
  • . steal my starbucks and i'll steal your soul
    • SSFireWolf
    • channel/UC4pX64nRbfEuRcBaNlVxlJw
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
Re: Need Help!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2016, 08:05:50 pm »
"I think that you could make it sound like the torturer wass doing it against his will- like he didn't want to hurt anyone. Then maybe the girl can sort of warm up to him a bit like "hey, yeah, you were forced to hurt me. It was someone else being mean, not you." But I dunno lol"

that was from my sister, who is pretty good at writing stories ^.^ (she typed it)

Offline Loco.Motives

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • I am not as fine as I seem.
    • Kelli Urie
    • View Profile
    • My WQ Account
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2016, 11:37:21 pm »
"I think that you could make it sound like the torturer wass doing it against his will- like he didn't want to hurt anyone. Then maybe the girl can sort of warm up to him a bit like "hey, yeah, you were forced to hurt me. It was someone else being mean, not you." But I dunno lol"

that was from my sister, who is pretty good at writing stories ^.^ (she typed it)
Fantasy suggestion>>  Perhaps you could make it to where the torturer was under some kind of spell/enchantment to do the things he/she did to Cypher. Realistic fiction suggestion>> Or you could say the torturer was being tortured himself/herself and was forced to torture Cypher.

----
-Credit to icon and signature owners-

Offline Kynvuu

• #Grimstagram
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 212
  • I'm not saying that it was aliens but...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2016, 02:37:57 am »
Depending on how the torturer character was/is going to be developed, and on the fact if there is a commanding force behind the torturer, you may also add a psychological disorder to their personality in which  they must do harm in order to be satisfied, but is nice otherwise and has to carry this burden. Kinda like a split personality I assume?
On a temporary leave. Please contact other members of staff if you need assistance.

Offline Kalaban

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • #TooLazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2016, 04:02:47 pm »
So you are basing it on the Stockholm Syndrome, right?
In-game Username: Kalaban