Author Topic: Feral Heat Virus False-Positve  (Read 1103 times)

Offline wanderer95

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
Feral Heat Virus False-Positve
« on: June 01, 2016, 06:37:17 pm »
My friend got Feral Heart, but she refuses to install it because her antivirus program flags it as a virus. I know it's a false positive. How can I convince her that she won't get a virus?

Offline Hakumi

• ✩ Just A Virtuous Smol ✩
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 130
  • A Smol & Helpful Floof ~
    • leanim3fr3akzoid
    • LeAnim3Fr3akzoid
    • View Profile
Re: Feral Heat Virus False-Positve
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2016, 06:46:28 pm »
Make sure she is downloading the game from the site and not clicking anything off of adfly. This game doesn't have a virus and it's pretty safe c:

Keep on traveling across this road called 'Life.'

Discord: Haku - Haku#74O7

Offline Enoki

• Herba Chronographus
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
  • Who lives in a portabella under a tree?
    • FantasyFungus
    • EnokiTheDryphon
    • Enoki_G
    • View Profile
    • The Realms of Yugure
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2016, 06:48:42 pm »
Well, ye could tell her that we, including me, 'aven't gotten a virus from downloading it. There really isn't any other way of convincing her.

What ye could do is tell her to save all her computer files to a drive and then install FH to see if a virus appears. She can always reset her computer factory settings - wipe the computer - and reinstall her saved computer files back into her computer, making it just like it was b'fore she downloaded FH.

Tmw you planned a ten minute nap but instead took a whole year.
☙Icon by dA JRProducts; Sig by PocketMutt❧

Offline Kynvuu

• #Grimstagram
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 212
  • I'm not saying that it was aliens but...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2016, 07:24:16 pm »
If she is using Norton, tell her to download the FHSetup.exe from the official download page and go into her downloads to locate the .exe. Don't have her install it, but instead, right click on it. I believe Norton has a feature that allows you to do a scan of the item and it will report back to you if it is unsafe. If she doesn't have Norton or is unwilling to do so I would be happy to provide a screenshot of the scan so she can have it as proof.

Another thing that you can tell her is that often times, anti-virus systems sometimes mark a file as harmful simply because it is by an unknown publisher, not many people have downloaded it, etc. They mark it based on statistics rather than if it really has corrupt files. I can assure you that FH is very safe, I have had it for 4+ years on multiple computers and I have not gotten a virus from it. Hope this help to clear things up. c:
On a temporary leave. Please contact other members of staff if you need assistance.

silver wing11

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2016, 06:19:56 pm »
For the new 2016 update-
When i downloaded it my panda software and virus detecting software detected spy gear and dangerous stuff with the download and it automatically deleted it. This is stopping me playing the game and i want to know why this is happening when i have talked to my other friends and they said the new update works fine for them and no problems showed up for them during the downloading process

Offline Kynvuu

• #Grimstagram
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 212
  • I'm not saying that it was aliens but...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2016, 07:05:45 pm »
For the new 2016 update-
When i downloaded it my panda software and virus detecting software detected spy gear and dangerous stuff with the download and it automatically deleted it. This is stopping me playing the game and i want to know why this is happening when i have talked to my other friends and they said the new update works fine for them and no problems showed up for them during the downloading process

If you are needing help, it is best to post your own help thread instead of posting on someone else's thread that does not pertain to the issue you are having--but to answer your question, the new update is entirely safe. My virus program gave me the same thing, but I just bypassed it, so you could try doing the same.
On a temporary leave. Please contact other members of staff if you need assistance.