Author Topic: FeralHeart crashes everytime I put my heightmap file in?  (Read 1601 times)

Offline PeachTea

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Secretly a Potato.
    • View Profile
FeralHeart crashes everytime I put my heightmap file in?
« on: July 15, 2016, 07:17:27 pm »
Hi! So, my issue is that, whenever I put the heightmap file in my game, it crashes. Originally I've done my heightmaps in Paint Tool SAI, and it worked, but when I tried again, it stopped working and would crash. I've tried it as a .jpg file, a .png file, tried it with and without Terrain in the name, and even went as far as to move to GIMP to try working on it. Nothing. Still does it. Any ideas of why this could be happening? It'd be a great help! Thanks!
Secretly a Potato.

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
Re: FeralHeart crashes everytime I put my heightmap file in?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2016, 07:20:08 pm »
Try these things:

-Make sure that your size is 513x513, 512x512, as long as the numbers are both the same
-Check to make sure that you have set it to Grayscale- Not just the color, the actual format
-Make sure you have removed the Alpha Channel Lock
-Flatten any layers; You cannot have more than one layer
-I would recommend using Gimp instead of Paintool SAI, as people have found issues when creating the heightmap in SAI

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
Re: FeralHeart crashes everytime I put my heightmap file in?
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2016, 11:26:38 pm »
You can actually create a heightmap image using Paint Tool SAI, but you have to convert it to a grayscale image using GIMP.