Author Topic: Map Failing to Export/Crashing  (Read 3182 times)

SpicyDirt

Re: Map Failing to Export/Crashing
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2020, 11:14:46 pm »
Did you do any custom objects for the map?

Offline JordyWild

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2020, 11:39:44 pm »
No I didn't

Offline BloodWinsAll

• G o d
  • Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 47
  • Feels like I'm going insane
    • Firesong-stormi
    • Firesong
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2020, 11:46:14 pm »
Perhaps a map you have installed uses it in instead? Maybe trying to export from a fresh install of FH could work

Offline JordyWild

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2020, 12:10:26 am »
So perhaps a reinstall of FH?

Offline BloodWinsAll

• G o d
  • Dedicated Supporter
    • Firesong-stormi
    • Firesong
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2020, 12:14:18 am »
Yes, I would try to save the .map file and the objects you used to carry over to the new install to try and export it from a fresh FH.

Offline JordyWild

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2020, 12:25:10 am »
Yeah, I did that, and basically the same exact thing happened BasicPlane.mesh cannot be found....Does anyone here even have this mesh? At this point i'd rather just download the friggin' file so i can put it into the game so this will stop happening ;-;

Offline BloodWinsAll

• G o d
  • Dedicated Supporter
    • Firesong-stormi
    • Firesong
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2020, 12:31:58 am »
I'm not sure this will help, but here is the thread where you can download Thierry's stuff. The download you're looking for is the first download and you can see in the image that "basic shapes" pack. https://feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=60503.0

The other potential problem is just that the map is too large. At 200,000 it is a very large map and sometimes that large of a map can just be too much especially depending on the computer you're running it on. I have trouble with certain object heavy maps and large maps. I would try, just as a trial, to make the map smaller such as 5000 width and putting in a couple of the objects you used to see if the problem continues.

Like spicydirt said it could just be one object affecting the map.

Offline JordyWild

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2020, 12:55:00 am »
Unfortunately if I did reduce the size of the map that drastically, id have to remake it entirely...which is something I desperately dont want to do...but I might have to face that reality...

Offline BloodWinsAll

• G o d
  • Dedicated Supporter
    • Firesong-stormi
    • Firesong
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2020, 12:59:38 am »
Ah, sorry let me re-phrase. Try making a "new" version of the map to test out the size to see if that really is the problem. I would hate for all your hard work to go to waste.

So upload the height map as if you were making a new map and then make the width like 5000 and the height something <5000. Dabble in some of the objects that you used in the original map and then try exporting it to see if a) it's a size thing and b) if perhaps its an object that its messing with the export.

Offline JordyWild

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2020, 08:55:53 pm »
Sorry for the late response, but I have TREMENDOUS NEWS!!!!! I finally managed to export the map in full! I found out that it wasn't a size problem, instead it was either #1. An Object problem, but not necessarily because an object was broken or just not agreeing with the map, more like too MANY objects #2. Just an Exporting issue, like...perhaps I just exported it enough times that it just decided to work overtime XDD

This isn't the games fault however! I believe this is just something to do with my computer not having the power to export something like this...

Any advice i can give to anyone having a similiar problem is Trial and Error! Basically the best way to sum it up is I kept trying, and either removed objects that were in the map or deleted .mesh files that the game got stuck on and crashed. I probably had to reopen and restart Feral Heart over 100 times over the course of the few days i've been working on getting this to work.

Thank you everyone for the help!