Author Topic: Question about Base Map Textures  (Read 776 times)

Offline Sincerest

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • Fractal, how the pattern repeats itself!
    • wondersofyears
    • wondersofyears
    • View Profile
    • My art instagram!
Question about Base Map Textures
« on: January 29, 2024, 04:58:48 am »
this may be a really, really long shot, but... does anyone know if it's somehow possible to alter the textures in game for places like The Grounds, Bonefire Islands, etc. to change the grass and tree textures to a fall/autumn or wintery feel? is it possible to add a weather mod like rain or snow to these places at all?
You could be my compass, teach me how to read these broken lines.
Bio (wip)| My works (wip)
✦✦✦

Offline BloodWinsAll

• G o d
  • Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 47
  • Feels like I'm going insane
    • Firesong-stormi
    • Firesong
    • View Profile
Re: Question about Base Map Textures
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2024, 05:13:02 pm »
You can alter any of the base textures by replacing the textures in your FH-Media-objects-(Various) and FH-Media-Terrain-textures folders (shown below).

It does take a little bit of figuring out which textures correlate to which in the maps and I believe the objects in Kibou were never released to the Mapmaker which may prove difficult to adjust those objects. I could be wrong though.

But these are your basic rock textures and you can play around with them in Object Maker to figure out which rocks are used in which map.

As for the weather, I'm not sure? I believe those tie directly into the mapmaker itself and have to be exported with the FHM which is not available to the userbase.