Author Topic: Sunshine, spring, pasta and pizza!  (Read 8658 times)

Offline Monarth

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • "I never finish anyth"
    • View Profile
Re: Sunshine, spring, pasta and pizza!
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2011, 07:11:00 pm »
Yea it is. All have come as a bit of a surprise to me =o Wonder what my uncle has planned next ;D

Offline Monarth

• "I never finish anyth"
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2011, 04:17:04 pm »
Okay, today was not so special. A bit of exercise on the day, and a walk at a lake. Also, return of the delicious ice cream! <3 Whoever said that Italians make good ice cream, was right. =p

The walk at the lake was short, but anyway pretty nice. My uncle said there's only about 200 lakes in Italy, which about 1/1000 compared to my home, Finland. Points for home on that part ^^

So yeah, nuff said for today.

IntendedSuicide

« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2011, 02:37:48 am »
You lost meh at ice cream lol jk. Wow it sounds amazing there -trys to convince family that we should go-  did you take lots of pictures and buy lotsa souvenirs ? -fails miserably btw- hope it was a life changing experience XP

Offline Monarth

• "I never finish anyth"
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2011, 09:26:22 am »
Pictures, meh, not so much. Souvenirs, clothes cheaper than at home ;P Doesn't really change life, but gives a nice rest from school for a moment. I've had some deep sleep, commonly 12 hours ;P

Oh yea, today gonna visit the actual Milan. The place I've been at is outside of Milan, a long network of quickly changing villages.

IntendedSuicide

« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2011, 02:49:39 pm »
Sounds so cool O.o

And yea a break from school must be so nice

Offline Monarth

• "I never finish anyth"
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2011, 04:39:00 pm »
It was awesome at Milan \o/ We visited an old gothic church. So cool :O Inside was a memorial for San Carlo Borromeo aka Pope Pius IV. Yes, another Borromeo ;P Still, very beautiful structure. The pillars and walls and practically everything was beautifully decorated. The gothic knew what they were doing ( ^^)-b I think I'll be able to show a picture outside of it, once I'm home.

Also got a peak at some small roman churches. It's a bit sad. Milan is so crowded that old structures and monuments are buried under and between the labyrinth of buildings. Seriously, you HAVE TO lose your way to the backstreets to see them, otherwise you miss them.

Yeah, also, more ice cream xD Not so good this time, but still went down well ;P

Around the gothic church the place was pretty much a market place. Lots of street sellers and shops. I was a little surprised when a man came and tied this colorful wire to my wrist. Said it symbolised life or something, being a gift from Africa. That kinda made me think... It's weird. Might sound crazy, but I actually feel love pouring from that little wire... It does remind me of life's importance somehow.

Getting back from Milan was a bit harder. Today was some sort of Italy's republic day, so a lot of people were manifesting about the government on the street. There was a lot of people and also the media. Some kind of communist supporter group were waving flags and marching, and riot police was there having shields ready just in case. Because of the event, the nearby metro stations were closed, so we had to search a bit for one.

Offline Monarth

• "I never finish anyth"
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2011, 12:52:59 pm »
Ok, back home and in game =) And apparently someone bit me recently? =o Oh well, normal days go on.

IntendedSuicide

« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2011, 07:56:54 pm »
Welcome home =)

Hope to see cha back in da game

Offline Zaroque

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 388
    • zaroqueart
    • View Profile
    • Zaroque's dA.
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2011, 09:16:24 am »
Ok, back home and in game =) And apparently someone bit me recently? =o Oh well, normal days go on.

:o
Anywho, welcome home. Don't you hate it when holidays end? x3
~ Z A R O Q U E ~
jaaaeeger
Art || DoE