Author Topic: Loading terrain height maps crashes my game  (Read 3243 times)

becky22199

Loading terrain height maps crashes my game
« on: December 07, 2012, 06:40:09 pm »
For some reason, I can't load terrain height maps anymore. I have already made a map, but It won't load my new terrain map. It will load my previous one fine, but if I try to load up my new one in game it freezes and a box pops up sayign game has stopped working, and I have to exit it. My map size is 513 x 513, same as the other one.

And looks like this,

(Ignore the white bit around the side, that isn't there on the map.

Is there anything I can do to stop it? I can't make any more maps because of it.

edit- Its that one map, I have quickly made another and thta too works fine, can you suggest what has gone wrong?
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 06:45:35 pm by Wandering_Wolf »

Offline Zaroque

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 388
    • zaroqueart
    • View Profile
    • Zaroque's dA.
Re: Loading terrain height maps crashes my game
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2012, 06:41:39 pm »
Make sure you have selected Greyscale and when you name it, make sure it's got '....Terrain.png' at the end of the name.
~ Z A R O Q U E ~
jaaaeeger
Art || DoE

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2012, 11:20:03 pm »
From the manual section here on the site explaining heightmaps

(~Note~)

If you were to create a heightmap on your own there's a few preferences it must follow and it has the very same as the heightmap used above and below. When your create/save a heightmap it must/should follow these rules.

1. It must be saved into a PNG format

2. It can only consist of 1 layer!(If you use more the game will crash upon importing it) Make sure you flatten/merge the layers on the image before saving it.

3. The image must be saved/edited in grayscale mode and cannot consist of or use colours(If not the game will crash)

4. The Image size should be even on both size, the standard size is 513 x 513 pixels.

5. The use of "Alpha Channel" should be left unmarked/turned off.

If something is not followed in that list it could very well crash your game until you sort it out.

Here it's explained in video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTO8tyhSQPU&list=PLCrTZGtLFJkJeB1qYGae-WGR_gSEj_xPf&index=1
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline KrystalStarSoul

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2019, 06:37:38 pm »
From the manual section here on the site explaining heightmaps

(~Note~)

If you were to create a heightmap on your own there's a few preferences it must follow and it has the very same as the heightmap used above and below. When your create/save a heightmap it must/should follow these rules.

1. It must be saved into a PNG format

2. It can only consist of 1 layer!(If you use more the game will crash upon importing it) Make sure you flatten/merge the layers on the image before saving it.

3. The image must be saved/edited in grayscale mode and cannot consist of or use colours(If not the game will crash)

4. The Image size should be even on both size, the standard size is 513 x 513 pixels.

5. The use of "Alpha Channel" should be left unmarked/turned off.

If something is not followed in that list it could very well crash your game until you sort it out.

Here it's explained in video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTO8tyhSQPU&list=PLCrTZGtLFJkJeB1qYGae-WGR_gSEj_xPf&index=1

Sorry red this doesnt work either.
 We did everything, and even redownloading the game to clear cache but it just wont work.
:/

The file says its in grayscale but the debug message says it isnt in grayscale. hwatttt

Offline Bloo.

• Space-Child ✌
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 191
  • nyoom
    • Bloopaloozer
    • Bloopalooza FH
    • aLittleProzium
    • Bloopalooza
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2019, 06:41:05 pm »
Hey hon, try not to necro old threads! (That is post on threads that are inactive).

If you're having some issues, I suggest creating your own thread so folks can help you better c:
I'll be locking this now~

You are amazing <3