Author Topic: How to change my password?  (Read 2373 times)

Offline dogfriend

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • your local fool
    • View Profile
How to change my password?
« on: April 10, 2014, 06:33:27 am »
I need to change my password for privacy reasons, mostly because of the new OpenSLL Bug "Heartbleed" (If you want to know what it is, google it.) But before that, if you change your forum password, does it change the game's password as well? (If I change my password to 654321 on the forums, my password becomes that in the game?)
Thanks.
im animaljamforever ingame

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
Re: How to change my password?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2014, 07:27:01 am »
Ye' can change yer password by clicking the 'Forgot your Password?' option at the very top of the page. Ye' can also change it by goin' to yer profile, scroll down until ye' see 'Modify Profile' at the left side of the page, look under it to see 'Account Related Settings'. Click it and within' it, ye'll see the option to choose yer own password. However, to change yer password, ye' must accept its change in the e-mail ye've set up yer account in. When it's changed, it does change for both the forum and in-game.

By the way, I like yer avatar. -Obvious OFF fan.-
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 07:29:09 am by Vespian »
gone

milothegolden

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2014, 11:19:40 pm »
yes, just what vespian said. that's the way to do it.

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2014, 10:12:13 pm »
You don't need to worry on this site I believe or change your passwords too much.

The bug in OpenSSL is in the more recent versions, changing your password if the site is still running it would still have the same exploit as it had before you changed it which means your new password is still as vulnerable as before. Sites running the older versions should be still relatively safe.

Anyone that knows more about this though is free to correct me, but I don't think there's need to change all your passwords, blogs kinda make it a bit more dramatic that is necessarily true from what I can see.
Former community manager of FeralHeart