Author Topic: Canines or Felines?  (Read 4874 times)

Offline greenart6

• The Chicken God
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 143
  • Spooky glowy ghost dogs
    • WornSkateboard
    • View Profile
Canines or Felines?
« on: September 25, 2014, 01:02:25 am »
Another question for chu guys :3

1. Are the majority of your characters feline or canine? (Only counting your canine&feline charries of course)

2. Do you enjoy making feline or canine characters more? Why?

-

The majority of my characters currently are canine, with only about one or two felines. I prefer making canine characters more, because I kinda like wolves, coyotes, etc. more than lions, cats, etc. and are more comfortable making them. Plus, I enjoy the options in character creator for canines more than felines. *Has terrible reasons :D*

So, how about you? c: Canines or felines, and why?

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
Re: Canines or Felines?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2014, 01:38:26 am »
Canines. I only have 3 feline characters, and two of them are joke characters. All of my other characters are canines. I still like roleplaying felines, but I prefer canines. Also I like more of the canine options.

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya

Offline StarrieNova

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 52
  • Cuddle Fluff
    • StarrieNova
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2014, 02:14:55 am »
1} The majority of my characters on Feral Heart are feline. For some reason I have taken a liking to the felines more than the canines on the game even though my favorite wild animal is a wolf.

2} I indeed do enjoy making feline characters more than canines because of the fact that the feline body is nicer looking than the canine body in my opinion. Though I must admit I do like to make a canine from time to time, and my main furry for my DA is a wolf character. Yet again felines conquer my Feral Heart.

Siggy by: MittenstheNoble

Offline WildWolf#1

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • pottymouth posse
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2014, 02:30:52 am »
I enjoy making canines, and I have always loved wolves and canines. Don't get me wrong though, I adore felines of all kinds and actually prefer my cat over my dog at times since my dog is a bit, well... Rough. I find it easier to make canines and the models seem easier to use, whereas I've always found the felines very stocky and strangely positioned, plus I never really get any good ideas for feline characters except the odd role play character which I delete days later. I never get the satisfaction that I get when making canines compared to felines. But, that's just my opinion.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 05:02:59 am by WildWolf#1 »

spirit, who could not be broken

Offline Infinity117

• Curious Wanderer
  • i don’t use this anymore. thanks for the memories!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2014, 07:15:35 pm »
Well, pretty hard to decide. I guess canine, since it's sorta... Better-looking. I like the muzzle of the canine better than the feline in FH. Maybe that's part of the reason? I dunno. Plus, there are many prides, but they don't have many members. There are a lot of packs that frequently recruit and gain a lot of members, so I tend to create more canines. The canines sorta look more.... Elegant than the felines. And if you wanna make a housecat, you'd usually use Neko Ears instead of Cat Ears (Neko doesn't look right for a housecat, but Cat Ears look worse...)

~Infinity117
i don’t play FH anymore. thanks for the memories!

if you knew me in-game, hit me up through the messaging system. maybe i’ll see it.

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2014, 01:59:11 am »
Even if I like the feline model more, I have more canine characters for some reason. Not sure why, I do like wolves/canines more than lions/felines in general, but I dunno (I'm complicated)
Farewell everyone<3

Offline KatanaWolf

• Experienced Traveler
  • Delete this account.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2014, 03:17:43 am »
I have more canines than felines since I just prefer them more in general or because wolves are my favorite animal. I guess you could say I'm more comfortable with creating which I am plus canines have more variety when creating a character. I like the felines but their isn't really a lot of options to choose in my opinion.
Account no longer in use.

Offline ~Stargazer~

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 78
  • "Helloooo? Trickster."
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2014, 01:14:15 pm »
a) I have an even number of canines and felines.
To be exact, two of each. Aela and Ahkrin, who are both small wild cats. Qahnaarin and Starry are my canines.

b) I can't be certain... really could lean either way for me. I love doing both. Honestly, I would enjoy having a bad arse wolf fursona like some other users here have. But I also love drawing designs for cats. I don't know... it takes a ton of inspiration to make a new OC/fursona for me, and I don't want to go past four characters.
Its like I want to have so. Many. Characters. But I limit myself so much ;-;
« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 01:16:30 pm by ~Stargazer~ »

Preset Download
Will be less active until October 7th.

Offline Insoholic

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 152
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2014, 07:23:48 pm »
1. Are the majority of your characters feline or canine? (Only counting your canine&feline charries of course) [

To be honest, I have only three characters. I think, I just don't need other charries, but in the near future, I'm planning to create new ones.. xD (I will keep my old charries too!) My main character is called Tooru Sonohara and it's a wolf (canine). My other character is a feline (lion) and my third character is another wolf. But I don't count my third character, because he looks like Tooru (just without a preset).. So, I can't answer this question. ^^ When I joined FH, I loved felines (I still love them), but now I play with a canine. c:

2. Do you enjoy making feline or canine characters more? Why?

Canines. Just for me, it takes a but longer to make a canine character and it's more funny for me. xD I really get mad, when I can't choose a color or wonder which mane or marking to wear. ;D

--- Really interesting topic, btw. ^^ +floof

« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 07:25:54 pm by Moontwist »

Signature art by Kynvuu

S. Italy/Romano

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2014, 07:09:06 pm »
Hmm... I don't dislike felines, but I must admit that the way the model is built gives an impression of bulkiness to it, even on the lowest weight setting. Then there's the problem that on the lowest weight setting, you have some manes that have transparent gaps where they're supposed to be attached to the body (this is most visible when lying down).

The wolf model, has a better variation of the weight slider; you can go from a husky-like canine, to a more slender, near greyhound variant, while the feline one scales pretty much the same all around the body. There's also the fact that the wolf model has the option to be without a tail, whereas the feline one pretty much has two of the same options (both the lynx and tailless options share the same model).

The manes on the canine appeal to me a lot more than the ones on the felines; the only one on felines that I actually think looks nice is the center half mane. The wings are also a problem, (hence why I liked FH better without wings) since they "stick out" more on the back of the feline model than they do on the canine.

Overall, I like the canine model better because of its customization options and elegant look. I have a preference towards canines in both real life and roleplay, don't get me wrong, I have absolutely nothing against felines, but by personal preference, I have to go with canines.