Author Topic: The Wolfjay  (Read 2668 times)

Offline PurpleLovezz

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • Here to have a good time.
    • View Profile
The Wolfjay
« on: July 22, 2014, 02:58:25 pm »
UPDATES!!! Srry that the info cut off so short. I was working on it and then I had to go eat dinner, and I just forgot I was even working on it and closed the page. Lol it's fixed now XD
You may have seen my other species called vogelmadras. This species is a vogelmadra, but since it is one of my favorites I decided to make it a group and a post of its own. If you want to you can check out vogelmadras here:
http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=46593.msg637079#msg637079 and if you have a wolfjay, then join my group called "~.:|Wolfjays of Feral Heart|:.~"!

The wolfjay is a cross between a wolf and a bluejay, so as you would expect, they are winged and bright blue with white and black markings. They are arranged so that from far away, it looks like the creature has a beak and scaled legs like a bird. Here is what the average wolfjay looks like:

Wolfjays are born in late winter, down south after the migration. When a wolfjay is born, they are a wingless wolf with no fur, like a baby bird with no feathers. They survive on milk from their mother until their fur, feathers and wings grow in; at that time they are a preteen and they are taught how to hunt and fly. When finally they become teens, they migrate back to their home up north in late spring. As soon as the wolfjays arrive home, they start to get attracted to each other, and by the end of the summer most of them have chosen their mates. (Don't worry they don't breed until the fall when they are adults) They live in their summer home until, in late fall, wolfjays that are either elders or the ones born the previous year go south in a migration. All the others stay behind to guard their homes. Finally, in late winter, the females have their pups, and the cycle starts over again.

Other Info:
Sounds ~ Wolfjays can make about every sound that a bird or a wolf can make, like screeching, howling, chirping, barking, etc.
Mammal or bird? ~ Wolfjays are actually (mostly) mammals; they give birth to live pups and feed them with milk. Still, they do have wings, feathers, and talons. It's kind of like how a platypus is a mammal yet it has a bill and lays eggs.
Where do they live? ~ Anywhere a wolf or a bluejay can live. I'm a bit too lazy right now to look it up, but I'll update this later.
Predators/enemies ~ Large hawks or birds of prey (Sometimes it takes 2 to bring a wolfjay down, and even then they can't do it if the wolfjay is as high as they are), felines, and sometimes, but rarely, wolves (Only if the wolves threaten the wolfjays, first)

Welp, I think that's enough info. If you want to learn more go check out my post about vogelmadras!
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 07:23:43 pm by PurpleLovezz »

Offline Miraja

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 17
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
Re: The Wolfjay
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2014, 08:22:26 pm »
What a nice charrie C:
I like Wolfjays!
~LEON~
Preset of Leon

Profile picture by TinyTail
Signature by Cherryheart aka Zeriten

Offline greenart6

• The Chicken God
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 143
  • Spooky glowy ghost dogs
    • WornSkateboard
    • View Profile
Re: The Wolfjay
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2014, 12:35:13 am »
Pretty interesting species, I like how you evenly have them mixed between Blue Jay and Wolf :3

+Floof

Offline Wolflover224

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 16
  • Im an IRL dolphin; On hiatus
    • the-sketchy-orca
    • View Profile
Re: The Wolfjay (UPDATED)
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2014, 11:06:13 pm »
I saw a person playing as a Wolfjay! I was playing as Shadow M Coywolf or something like that and i saw a Wolfjay by the name of Aliyssa or something like that.