Author Topic: Highly Important Notice To All FH Users Updated 27/1/12  (Read 332126 times)

Offline Petalthorn

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Highly Important Notice To All FH Users
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2012, 10:44:46 pm »
Finally something being done.... But what about those under 18 and really mature? -points to self- I'm a bit confused. Is there some kind of parental signature thingy. I mean, not them literally giving out their signature but how will this be enforced? And does that mean we won't be allowed on? I'm 16/17 so I only have a year more to go before 18 but like... Not telling my parents to check out the website, cuz they're confident in what I'm doing as safe (Concidering they've looked at my history and noticed I rarely go on any other sites besides Youtube, here, and D.A)

And what about in private maps. Like for instance, its only me and my friend and we're rping and going graphic? Are we going to be band even thou its not '-Removed by moderator-'. Not to mention the problem with those named Kitten Killers and Pup Killers. Names like those, or any other such vulgur-like names, is a problem. And they troll and pester others. So...
Did I ask to many questions? XD Sorry

I think they just mean the ones where they are not doing it to role play, but are simply doing it to do it and/or are attacking another role player with it. *sigh* I don't mind that we won't have FH for a week and even my hopeless addicted friend says she can deal with it. Good thing, or else I would have a few problems. ^^'
« Last Edit: April 12, 2021, 04:54:10 am by SpicyDirt »

Offline OmenOTL

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2012, 10:55:02 pm »
Even if I am a newbie member as of two days ago, I have already seen at least 6 of those '-Removed by moderator- situations' in the maps AND when Impressive Title was still running.
 Honestly, it's such a shame when those people/trolls come around and ruin everybody's fun =_=;

But I also am curious as to how the parents are going to 'verify' their children when it comes to this. I'm only fourteen but I'm as mature as a twenty-one year old and my parents trust me when it comes to the Internet. Even then, how will we be 'verified'?

Either way, I'm glad that this 'threat' will end soon.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2021, 01:50:37 am by Kerriki »

Offline Robin_Wolfieh

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
  • Squawk?!
    • RobinCanisLupus
    • ask-stark-the-narkeen
    • View Profile
    • Imgur
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2012, 10:58:12 pm »
Well, seeing that I'm in college as of now, this might benefit me for the better. -but what am I going to do on Friday through Sunday?

-Go on DA, Youtube and Facebook, I got friends on there as well.

At least something is done because of the immature people there. Besides, not that FH is hindering my learning or anything...it's only a way to chat with my friends without being too vulgar.

Unlike Second Life and IMVU. *shudders*

:Edit:
Grammical errors.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 11:20:39 pm by Carmen »

Ayyy~

CrimCanis

« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2012, 11:08:16 pm »
I'm glad something is being done about this albeit it seems a bit too strict. Simply removing the dance actions and creating different ones that don't replicate mating would have fixed this issue to a great extent. I could easily see someone with malicious intent or a troll posing over someone's character that is using a dance to report them and get them banned. This is a double edged sword.

As for cursing, the solution is painfully obvious: implement a filter. Can we all agree that there is no reason for anyone to use words like -Removed by moderator- or -Removed by moderator-? I think the only curse word that shouldn't be censored would be hell, considering all the demon RPs and such. Censor everything else and variations of said curse words.

As I've said before, I am glad that action is being taken. But I feel that, if you still want teens playing your game and said teens do tend to get hotheaded, then all the swinging about with the ban hammer will need to stop. If you're going to parade Feral Heart as a child-friendly game then make the game actually child-friendly.

There's my $0.02.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2021, 01:51:15 am by Kerriki »

Offline Xx_KillerWolf_xX

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 26
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2012, 11:12:25 pm »
I'm glad something is being done about this albeit it seems a bit too strict. Simply removing the dance actions and creating different ones that don't replicate mating would have fixed this issue to a great extent. I could easily see someone with malicious intent or a troll posing over someone's character that is using a dance to report them and get them banned. This is a double edged sword.

As for cursing, the solution is painfully obvious: implement a filter. Can we all agree that there is no reason for anyone to use words like s*** or a**? I think the only curse word that shouldn't be censored would be hell, considering all the demon RPs and such. Censor everything else and variations of said curse words.

As I've said before, I am glad that action is being taken. But I feel that, if you still want teens playing your game and said teens do tend to get hotheaded, then all the swinging about with the ban hammer will need to stop. If you're going to parade Feral Heart as a child-friendly game then make the game actually child-friendly.

There's my $0.02.

I am right there with you!!!

Offline Tetsune

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 83
  • It's not a crime to be brutally honest.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2012, 11:17:13 pm »
Awesome-sauce, my friends. As much as I'd hate to see FH down for so long, it's needed and it will help this community.
At least I have a bunch to do! xD;
A JACK OF ALL TRADES, YOU COULD SAY!
PRESETS | ITEMS | OBJECTS

Offline Redpikachu6

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2012, 11:18:07 pm »
That's a great idea, but for the part where users under aged that don't have permission. That is kinda their faults.

Offline Silhouette

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 53
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2012, 11:23:56 pm »
My thoughts? Honestly I find it rather sad that the players of the parents who are complaining just don't use the block button. Is'nt that what a block button is for? To rid yourself from seeing them/the text they type if they harrass you?

Im sorry to hear that there's a great deal of immaturity and vulgarity in the game, but this is present in EVERY internet game. Im also sorry to hear that your getting a bombardment of emails from angry parents. If those parent's are so concerned, and their children don't know to use the block button, then it is the PARENTS responsibility to get them OFF the site/game. This game does not cost any money, therefore it is both a priveledge and risk to play. There are things such as parental controls, and the PARENTS need to learn to use them/ban their children from the site if they think it is too inappropriate or  if their children cant use the block button.

I'm also curious aseveryone else, HOW do you plan to verify WHICH players have "Parental Permission? Im repeating what has been said for the sake of it not being lost in the sea of posts here.

(Also, I have used caps for emphasis, not yelling. The bold feature dosent seem to be working for me for some reason/isnt working at all.)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 11:27:36 pm by Silhouette »

Offline Vanished

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2012, 11:26:17 pm »
I TOTALLY AGREE THIS NEEDED TO BE DONE! ^-^ But how are all the FH fans that Didn't do any of those bad things,Survive with FH gone for 7 days?

Offline Kazula

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 18
  • I have a random fascination with pirates.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2012, 11:34:38 pm »
Map maker and Object maker and such will still be available right?  Dumb question but yeah...

The lovely Kasai and Carlitos the spider

http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=21419.0 <---- Pets for your character :D