Author Topic: Highly Important Notice To All FH Users Updated 27/1/12  (Read 332801 times)

FireClanLeader

Re: Highly Important Notice To All FH Users
« Reply #320 on: January 24, 2012, 05:21:26 am »
thank you!!! Oh If you're short on volunteers, I can volunteer to be one!
Maybe we could regulate shifts and stuff.
Me too. I can't stand that type of behavior!

Offline Cycada

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • Grumpy Fluffbutt
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: January 24, 2012, 05:22:01 am »
Most all people who play on FH are girls and know whats right and rong but on the other hand i hang out with like 7 guys to me the 1 girl most of them are previrted and i blockout what they are saying most of the time everyday so yea if you dont like FH DONT PLAY!! and if you do play FH please thir are people all over the world playing and 13 to what ever age play i know by the time you are 13 you probaly herd moast of the words like rape,sex,previrted and all the rest of cussing words but not all people hear thoes words so try to keep it to your self not put it on line. BOYS ITS BECAUSE OF THAT GENDER FH IS GOING OFF LINE FOR 7 DAYS WHAT ARE ALL OF US PEOPLES WHO GET HOME FROM SCHOOL GOING TO DO PLAY WORLD OF WARCRAFT OR ROBLOX I HAVE PLAYED ALL OF THOES SIGHTS AND PLENTY MORE I AM A GAMER AND I KNOW WHAT HAPPENS boys ruin every thang (not all boys)
C ya on FH in 7 days Peeps and gamers :)
WAIT, did you just say that its the GIRLS fualt that FH is down for 7 days >:|

No, I think what they're saying is that it's boys' fault that FH is down, which is... Not true in the slightest. e.e

Immature people are why FH is down for a week, Elaina. It's not just boys being perverts making "rape" into a joke. Genders don't matter here-- Actions do. Calm down.

Ryve

« Reply #322 on: January 24, 2012, 05:22:11 am »
It might also help if you simply remove the 'dance' that seems to cause issues.

Offline Delay

• yeah but Red took me to Prom
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 128
    • delayni
    • annoyingdelay
    • View Profile
    • Delayni on DeviantART
« Reply #323 on: January 24, 2012, 05:23:36 am »
I know people who have been raped. One of them was raped 8 years of his life, and even he would find this topic silly. I'd like to mention, just in case my message was misleading, that I do not support rape and I do believe it should be stopped in real life where it counts. I also support whatever the site has in mind. This message was directed more to concerned users and parents.
According to your message anyway, it appears as though you see RL rape as a serious matter, but in game rape as a lesser unimportant factor.

If your above the age of thirteen, I doubt your mother will be hovering over your shoulder the whole time your on FeralHeart unless you asked her to. I can't speak for everybody, but that's just my guess. If your like any other rebellious teenager and you're viewing something inappropriate on your laptop while your parent walks in: close it or minimize it and do what I do. Pretend to have a fascination in something else displayed. 

It's not very good advice, but isn't it common sense? I think it's pathetic that parents would even email FeralHeart. In fact, I don't believe it at all. I believe all of those emails were just grumpy users on here. An adult mothering or fathering a daughter or a son shouldn't have a desire to send an email to complain to an MMO creator whenever they could be preparing dinner or doing housework. If you think your kiddo shouldn't been on FeralHeart, ban internet access to it. Seriously: you aren't helpless as a guardian, and asking somebody to modify their entire game that hosts possibly thousands of users for your one little tiff is preposterous and selfish and also makes you appear stupid and unaware of the things occurring in the web.
Dun believe it? Don't think it happened at all? Then why, I ask, do you think this thread was made xD?
We've been receiving quite a few complains from parents all revolving around this same and similar subject, whether it be on the whole sexual acts within the game, or the simple use of the term 'rape', etc. It's quite a serious matter, whether you kiddies think it is or not.

Believe it or not, parents do think they can be effective in requesting we, or any other producers, will change our own website according to their personal will. It's not a very nice thing to say, but it's true; there are lazy parents who would rather not worry about where their kid visits, yet for some reason still care enough about the fact that their child is being exposed to the topic of sexual abuse at a young age. So no matter what you are running or producing, there is bound to be someone who is standing on their toes to go out of the way and get it changed to their personal liking.

If you can't handle your child getting raped virtually... by animal pixels... harmlessly... without any graphical elements or evidence of it even intentionally being a sexual act originally, then maybe you shouldn't allow your child to even view the internet. There is worst in the Google search engine that can't be filtered all of the way even with settings. There is worst in reality: whenever you see pets going at it.
Again, this is for the parents to decide, really. I believe that any parents who would like for their children to be free and browse the internet, yet care enough about their exposure, should monitor them whenever they see fit.

As for the virtual rape being 'harmless'... What if someone joined FH with the intent of meeting new friends and having their fun going about roleplaying? Considering a lot of young users visit this site, and seeing how that is /our main intention/, then that's what a majority of our community will be. But say if someone, who was completely sheltered from sex, was danced upon by a troll who enhances their behavior by calling out inappropriate phrases? They would be shocked at this, not knowing what it is at first, but then when they find out, it could have a very bad influence on them.

Again, parents should monitor their child's use. But if the parent didn't, and this just happened to happen to a child, then no body wins in the place except the troll. It's not 'harmless' like you claim -- though, it may be a majority of the time, but at other times, it's /not/.

Although I understand this is a site that doesn't acknowledge sexual behavior, I would also like to add that we've all grown up around sex. We all know what sex is, and how it works. Some of us have even had sex and seen sex. It's a fact of life, you have to accept it sometime or another, so why does it even matter? As for rape: I know that it's offensive and I know it traumatizes both boys and girls: but if you think rape is so terribly wrong, don't spend your time lecturing something that isn't real. Save your breath for reality rape, and work to fight against it. Don't get so worked over virtual rape between digital creatures. It wont make a difference in real life.

Anyone would be an idiot if they were to think the Feralheart staff were to have the power to make a difference against rape in real life xD

Rape is a huge deal, and a very personal and serious matter. For the staff to let it happen left and right within our gaming walls would be terrible and heartless of us. People go around taking it as a joking matter and using it for their means of trolling. When they shouldn't. I'm sure many can vouch for the horribleness that is rape, and for it to happen like its 'no big deal' within the game, we would appear as a very run down and bad community. Which we are nearing if we continue to let these trolls roam free, with little baby bans that only kick them off for a few days, giving them the opportunity to simply return and continue with their little parties.

Yes, rape traumatizes and can mentally scar many people. But, seeing as though you are a member of FH, who would frequent enough to post a debate on this matter, you /must/ know about how many children take this game seriously? Being abused, even if it's just pixel virtual sex, can have an affect on the weakest and youngest of minds.

As for growing around sex, believe it or not, not all community members are as casual about sex as you, or an adult, might be. It can be a more personal matter, and it's wrong for it to be seen around the game, as a joke or serious or whatever the matter is. It's not a small deal, especially when it's considered in a community aimed around the younger audiences.

Consider movie ratings. PG13 can have small sexual implications. But you never see anything until you hit rated R movies. In such case, our game should appear as the first point: no real sexual interactions, rape or not, should be seen within the game. And to avoid having trolls on our backs, we're going to keep the conversations of it to a down-low, as well.

-----

Most all people who play on FH are girls and know whats right and rong but on the other hand i hang out with like 7 guys to me the 1 girl most of them are previrted and i blockout what they are saying most of the time everyday so yea if you dont like FH DONT PLAY!! and if you do play FH please thir are people all over the world playing and 13 to what ever age play i know by the time you are 13 you probaly herd moast of the words like rape,sex,previrted and all the rest of cussing words but not all people hear thoes words so try to keep it to your self not put it on line. BOYS ITS BECAUSE OF THAT GENDER FH IS GOING OFF LINE FOR 7 DAYS WHAT ARE ALL OF US PEOPLES WHO GET HOME FROM SCHOOL GOING TO DO PLAY WORLD OF WARCRAFT OR ROBLOX I HAVE PLAYED ALL OF THOES SIGHTS AND PLENTY MORE I AM A GAMER AND I KNOW WHAT HAPPENS boys ruin every thang (not all boys)
C ya on FH in 7 days Peeps and gamers :)
WAIT, did you just say that its the GIRLS fualt that FH is down for 7 days >:|

No, I think what they're saying is that it's boys' fault that FH is down, which is... Not true in the slightest. e.e

Immature people are why FH is down for a week, Elaina. It's not just boys being perverts making "rape" into a joke. Genders don't matter here-- Actions do. Calm down.
You're right, it isnt true xD
Dun matter whether it be a dude or a chick xD

« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 05:25:07 am by Delay »

Offline Whitefangkiba

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 18
  • Witch Craft
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: January 24, 2012, 05:27:34 am »
Hmm, It's rather sad it has come to this honestly. The lack of maturity and respect on this game in the past short bit has been incredibly high and perhaps I was simply oblivious to it before or it truly has been higher lately.
Well hope this works, maybe the immature ones of us will take note of this and either regain there fallen dignity or continue to make an idiot of them self and get a nice permanent  banning.

Girgree

« Reply #325 on: January 24, 2012, 05:28:06 am »
Boys AND girls can be perves, ealania -_- Last night I think a girl (it might of been a boy) dropped the F-bomb like 23 times. and talked of........ummm nvm

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
« Reply #326 on: January 24, 2012, 05:28:49 am »

We'd have to be the game creator to do that, and there is only one, who does not read the forums or anything. And removing the buttswing will not help the issue at all. Just like a swear filter in all honesty does nothing either.

please click here! Help me raise my pokemon!
Signature: Kyugima, Rimfrost, Deafosho

Offline Delay

• yeah but Red took me to Prom
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 128
    • delayni
    • annoyingdelay
    • View Profile
    • Delayni on DeviantART
« Reply #327 on: January 24, 2012, 05:31:06 am »

We'd have to be the game creator to do that, and there is only one, who does not read the forums or anything. And removing the buttswing will not help the issue at all. Just like a swear filter in all honesty does nothing either.
Actually I suggested removing the dances too, or making them less kinky xD

I know it wont stop it, but it might make the actions a bit less, seeing as though new trolls to the game might not even consider it a sexual looking move unless they see it.

Offline Shoku

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: January 24, 2012, 05:32:05 am »
I'm glad something is being done about this albeit it seems a bit too strict. Simply removing the dance actions and creating different ones that don't replicate mating would have fixed this issue to a great extent. I could easily see someone with malicious intent or a troll posing over someone's character that is using a dance to report them and get them banned. This is a double edged sword.

As for cursing, the solution is painfully obvious: implement a filter. Can we all agree that there is no reason for anyone to use words like s*** or a**? I think the only curse word that shouldn't be censored would be hell, considering all the demon RPs and such. Censor everything else and variations of said curse words.

As I've said before, I am glad that action is being taken. But I feel that, if you still want teens playing your game and said teens do tend to get hotheaded, then all the swinging about with the ban hammer will need to stop. If you're going to parade Feral Heart as a child-friendly game then make the game actually child-friendly.

There's my $0.02.

I disagree with the filter. It would impede on roleplays in private maps and other things in private maps, y'know?

Girgree

« Reply #329 on: January 24, 2012, 05:32:27 am »
I rly think this 7  day ban for all of us including the nice RPers was dumb, its not exactly fair for the people that did nothing wrong, and the trollers will probaly come back. I think we should just ban the trollers, and be done with this