Author Topic: Highly Important Notice To All FH Users Updated 27/1/12  (Read 332823 times)

Offline silver_wolf

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Highly Important Notice To All FH Users
« Reply #370 on: January 24, 2012, 06:57:36 am »
im totally gutted that the game is down, considering it had got to a crucial point in one of my rps.... but i guess you have to do what you have to do. Just a question - I am 16, will I have to have my parents look over the sight and game, even though they already have? and if so will i have to get them to sign anything/fill in anything in order to to confirm it? 

Either way, i hope this means i can still play. This is the best game i have come across for free and i would be so upset if i wasnt allowed to keep playing it because im only 16....

Offline Delay

• yeah but Red took me to Prom
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 128
    • delayni
    • annoyingdelay
    • View Profile
    • Delayni on DeviantART
« Reply #371 on: January 24, 2012, 07:01:08 am »
No, nothing to fill out. If we were to have to keep up with every user under age whether or not they have filled out a form, we'd be buried xD

The rule stands there as a disclaimer, saying that if your parent were to find something inappropriate and not suitable for your viewing, then that will not fall upon our shoulders, but theirs in the fact that they were supposed to look over FH in the first place and they should not point the blame at us even after our rules state they should have checked first off.

Offline silver_wolf

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: January 24, 2012, 07:03:03 am »
that is alright then. either way they know i play because my dad gives me tips on improving the maps i create, lol XD

thanks.

also i know this is necessary (still gutted >8( ), so i hope it works and it is about time something like this was done.

Offline Cycada

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • Grumpy Fluffbutt
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: January 24, 2012, 07:10:32 am »
I realize that this is a bit of an odd comparison (and this is gonna seem really offtopic at first, but bear with me), but I see this sort of thing all the time when it comes to communities on LiveJournal-- They do this sort of... Spotlight thing, I guess, advertising different communities. On the one hand for some comm mods, it's awesome for exposure, because then the comms get a lot of new members who are really interested in the topic the community is about (Crafts, politics, art, literature, etc...), but at the same time, other comm mods absolutely despise being spotlighted because it leads to an influx of newbie trolls who don't particularly care for the topic the comm is for, and who choose to post with incredibly offensive or even just totally off-topic things until they're either A) banned, or B) bored and leave.

That could be the case here-- Perhaps FH has been featured somewhere recently and has been getting more attention than it has been in the past, and is attracting newer members because of that. Yes the older members are moving on and newer members are coming in, but it's possible that the ones who don't take it as seriously or who aren't as interested/committed to the game, only checking it out to see what it's like/"for the lulz" (for example, both SA and non-SA folks who go around "raping" people) will have their initial bit of fun, get bored of it, and then move on.

That's what's going to happen with the SA people, and I can guarantee you that's what's going to happen with a lot of the other newbies who had only just found the game and gotten into it-- Especially with the game being completely shut down for the week. They came in, they wreaked their havoc, and they got the game shut down as a result of their shenanigans. They'll get bored, and move on. Even the ones who say "Who cares if I get IP-banned, I'll just switch my IP and make a new account!" get tired of constantly making accounts. Even the folks at SomethingAwful have continuously pointed out how boring the game can be to people who aren't legitimately interested in the feral RP FH is built around. So I'm pretty confident that any trolls who do stir up this kind of trouble never stick around for long.

I mean, yeah, I'm one of the newbies who only found the game within the last week, and I'll most likely be sticking around for when it comes up again, but a lot of the people who have gotten in trouble during all this won't be doing that, especially since both the mods and the more mature users will be cracking down even harder on inappropriate behavior once the game is up and running again-- If someone is cursing up a storm in the chat? Block them or ignore them or whatever, get caps and report it to the mods. Public mating? Same deal: Screencap and report. Mods can't be around all the time to keep an eye on absolutely everything, especially when they're just volunteers who aren't exactly getting paid for the time they put into babysitting the troublemakers. We all have to do our part, too.

The message is getting across now that "If you don't smarten up, nobody will get to play," so I figure we'll see things improving once the servers are online again. We just gotta put a little more work into showing the more immature newbies "Look, this is how things work around here, smarten up or scram."

Hopefully this makes sense. It's 3:30am here and my pain meds are hitting me pretty hard, so I apologize if I'm more incoherent than I seem. I should probably get to sleep soon, actually... xD;;

Alex_Dorato

« Reply #374 on: January 24, 2012, 07:11:08 am »
???, ?????...

Offline Delay

• yeah but Red took me to Prom
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 128
    • delayni
    • annoyingdelay
    • View Profile
    • Delayni on DeviantART
« Reply #375 on: January 24, 2012, 07:19:45 am »
???, ?????...
No ruskii, angliskii forum / ?????????? ??? ??? ?????????
  • Foreign Languages
    This is an English based website, therefore you are required to have a basic knowledge of the English language, at least on the forum. This is to avoid confusion and miscommunication with the staff and with other members. If members are continuously spotted talking other languages, warnings will be given.

Offline SpiritXD

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: -2
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: January 24, 2012, 07:25:37 am »
I'm sorry if I didn't reply to this right, I'm not all very good with these, but I do believe things need to change, although I don't think that seven days will slow down trolls. They aren't usually even active on Feralheart anyway (Or in most cases). I do say that the new rules are a little strict, but they could work well, especially for (even if they're are) active ones.
...But I do disagree in one spot. What if someone's simply joking around with their friends, not even bothering them, and they're reported? I know it's supposed to be safe, and they shouldn't do that, but having all their entire account taken away from playing around isn't right. And sorry if I'm wrong, I just felt like I needed to say something.

Offline silver_wolf

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: January 24, 2012, 07:29:00 am »
that is another problem i have witnessed. People speaking in foreign languages. In order to be able to download the game and install it, as well as go through the signing up process, SURELY you must have to be able to speak English?! Then when your in the game you get people spamming up general with foreign languages then no matter how much theyre told to stop, they just dont and pretend they dont understand english...  also Mellodee is right. I have to admit i have goofed around a bit with my friends once in a while, as has everyone - im sure - (though i assure you it isnt a regular occurrence), and if i were to have one of those goofy moments, i wouldnt appreciate having my whole account taken away.

Offline Peter

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: January 24, 2012, 07:30:43 am »
What if you dance over another player in your own private map? Is that acceptable?

Offline slycan

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: January 24, 2012, 07:31:29 am »
Finally.