Author Topic: Highly Important Notice To All FH Users Updated 27/1/12  (Read 332828 times)

Offline ImmatureToast

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Amnea is my cuddlebutt
    • View Profile
Re: Highly Important Notice To All FH Users Updated 24/1/12
« Reply #470 on: January 24, 2012, 08:56:05 pm »
-sighs- I swear all you people who are saying this is a good idea arent really thinking about this. This is in no way a good idea. You can see a nice long post I put on page 15 as to why but those points alone arent it.

You see, for one, everybody is getting punished for what a single group is doing and its not even the majority of FH that's in the group. Another thing why this IS NOT a good idea is because NOTHING will change. This isnt magically going to make trolls poof, or make them nice, or even give them half a brain.

This shutting down for a week isnt going to do a thing and thus it is a bad idea. What is the point in doing something to affect another thing but nothin will actually get affected? It's kind of like the deffinition of insanity. If anything this is going to make the trolls come back highly pissed off and wanting to extract some revenge. Then what? You shut the game down again? Would the cycle ever stop? NO. It wont.

look people. if you have a problem with trolls in the game,  the simple solution is: GO SOMEWHERE ElSE. heck, you can even log off the game! -gasp- who knew?

Now let me make this clear that i am not trying to be ugly. But Im pointing out that all of you who think this is a good idea and that any change will come because of it are not useing those pretty squishy pink things in your skull. Nothing is going to change by shutting the game down for a week. Am I mad that I cant get on the game? I was, but only because i was going to start a new rp lastnight with my map pack Ive made. But quite frankly, waiting a week is nothing to me. the only problem is, waiting a week for nothing.

I'll wait this week and probably hardly notice the time pass, but so will the trolls. Go read my post on page 15 to see why nothing will change and the TRUE solutions to the problems this week ban is supposed to be "stopping"

No, no. They are doing this to DECREASE these actions. Not completely stop them. Of course, the trolls will return. But really, all you have to do is ignore them. If you fight back with them, they obviously win. We all know we can expect these actions to still be here in the server, but much less of it. The reason they are doing this and making the game more 13+ ish is because KIDS play this game. Do you think they need to be exposed to such things? No. So, there you go.

Dezziphene

« Reply #471 on: January 24, 2012, 08:59:30 pm »
This is totally necessary. Let's hope FeralHeart never has to be closed down for good, if the trolls made this happen I'd officially be done with the internet. Why can't people ever be good and never do these terrible things? I got banned for "rape" once along with the rest of my group because we had a butt shake line and some guy came in and "raped" one of us and now half my group is still banned!! (just the ones that got 'raped') If it hadn't been for the fact that I immediately contacted the FH team, we may have still been banned today! The crack down is now, and personally I'm fine with being banned because of a troll as long as it's for the god of FeralHeart. Great job and I hope that I can make  a difference in FH by reporting the trolls. Be careful, my canine/feline friends, out there be monsters......

Inusui

« Reply #472 on: January 24, 2012, 09:03:39 pm »
I just really don't see the point of all of this.....
Really unnecessary.

Offline Aruda

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • peasants
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: January 24, 2012, 09:04:11 pm »
Thank you. So much.

I always hang out in Flourite, and all the time in General I see everyone swearing and speaking inappropriately. They seem like they're all over 13, and yet they have the immaturity of a 7-year-old (in terms of not doing what they're told and being apathetic about how young people can be on the game). It even seems like they only swear and chat about mature things because they want to proclaim that they're older than most on the game. Which annoys me to no end. In one roleplay I was in, there were young members on and a lot of the RPers were talking about things that are in no way good for a child to hear. Some others, including me, tried to say that it wasn't right, and they obliged for about a day, then went right back to announcing the same dirty phrases and... well, let's just say I think it would have scarred the minds of those young ones on the RP. I feel genuinely sorry for them.

People need to learn respect for the mods. And since warnings and bans won't goad them to do that, I completely concur with this decision to shut down the game for a week.

And if you think you're not one of the people who do this, first of all, think back to everything you've posted- I'll bet you can find one thing that is inappropriate. Everything you send out in chat should have been typed out with the younger generation in mind. Secondly, if you haven't found anything you've typed that's inappropriate, take your anger out on those responsible for the shut-down and not the mods. This is a serious issue; parents are getting involved, and they had to stop it before it got out of hand.

I hope a lot of FH users will learn a lesson from this. If you don't have respect for your superiors and the younger crowd, you suffer the consequences. Enough said.

-currently living a supernatural, jared padalecki, lost, breaking bad, heroes, and jake gyllenhaal appreciation life-

misha collins is the troll lord

Offline Leneka

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: January 24, 2012, 09:13:19 pm »
You dont seem to understand. So lets put on our critical thinking caps. When I say nothing is going to change I mean just that. Trolls arent going to lessen cuz of a week ban. And as far as reporting goes, Im not sure how often you've reported. But Ive reported people with far worse things than make believe rape. And nothing ever happens. I have mod friends and friends who have even more mod friends. And we have been told that unless we directly contact a mod ourselves, reportign does nothing.

The entire report button is useless. And since only a few people know the mods and who they all are, reporting directly to a mod is near impossible for the majority of FH.

Oh, and as for those children. If there is such a problem with them, then they dont need to be on the game at all. Now, that being said, I host many rps in private maps and strictly inforce FH rules and rules imposed by me to keep my part of the game kid friendly. But the simple fact is, it  is NOT our responsibility to parent children. That falls on THEIR parents. If they cant parent them enough themselves, that is not our fault. So i wish you would all stop saying this is because of the children. We are not responsible for them, we are only responsible for our own actions.

Nothing is going to change as I stated before. People are going to wait the week out and come back like nothing ever happened. I am telling you. if you want thigns to change, go look at my post on page 15. That is the ONLY way things are going to change. This week ban for everyone isnt going to do a thing.

Oh and since this seems to be constantly revolving around "rape" Id hate to tell you that isnt going to stop and .... oh yea, rape cant happen on the computer! Anyways, if its consentual its not rape. which from all the "rape parties" ive seen, they are. I know sometimes you just have somebody jump you, but simply get up and more or just ignore them. This is a completely fake world, so rape is not possible.

Again. Nothing is going to change. I have posted solutions to ALL of these problems (including this "rape") on page 15. So before you dive in and try and tell me everything i am saying is wrong, how about you go read that. Then you can come back and tell me that Im being an idiot and everything I'm saying is wrong. Because the solutions are there, and this simply is not one of them.

Offline Zaephyr

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 42
  • The Derpinater
    • View Profile
    • Atrum Lux
« Reply #475 on: January 24, 2012, 09:17:55 pm »
-sighs- I swear all you people who are saying this is a good idea arent really thinking about this. This is in no way a good idea. You can see a nice long post I put on page 15 as to why but those points alone arent it.

You see, for one, everybody is getting punished for what a single group is doing and its not even the majority of FH that's in the group. Another thing why this IS NOT a good idea is because NOTHING will change. This isnt magically going to make trolls poof, or make them nice, or even give them half a brain.

This shutting down for a week isnt going to do a thing and thus it is a bad idea. What is the point in doing something to affect another thing but nothin will actually get affected? It's kind of like the deffinition of insanity. If anything this is going to make the trolls come back highly pissed off and wanting to extract some revenge. Then what? You shut the game down again? Would the cycle ever stop? NO. It wont.

look people. if you have a problem with trolls in the game,  the simple solution is: GO SOMEWHERE ElSE. heck, you can even log off the game! -gasp- who knew?

Now let me make this clear that i am not trying to be ugly. But Im pointing out that all of you who think this is a good idea and that any change will come because of it are not useing those pretty squishy pink things in your skull. Nothing is going to change by shutting the game down for a week. Am I mad that I cant get on the game? I was, but only because i was going to start a new rp lastnight with my map pack Ive made. But quite frankly, waiting a week is nothing to me. the only problem is, waiting a week for nothing.

I'll wait this week and probably hardly notice the time pass, but so will the trolls. Go read my post on page 15 to see why nothing will change and the TRUE solutions to the problems this week ban is supposed to be "stopping"

Ok, first things first, you say that things wont change:

"I really hate to tell you, and I mean I REALLY hate to tell you this, but this isnt going to change crap. Sorry, it wont. Just like we're willing to wait a week, so are the trolls. Making everyone wait a week to get on isnt going to magically make trolls go poof into thin air."

There is now an automatic perma ban on rape, so THAT will change things significantly. You cant even deny this.
As stated by Raz, trolls can have the same done to them, so, pray tell, if they do come back with said "vengance" dont you think that'll be cutting their own heads off as soon as they do? I think so.

Point two, you say that there is no way of telling if members have parental consent:

"Another point, you cant actually be sure parents are agreeing to let their children on, unless you did some type of video chat which is just not possible since not everyone has video chat still. I've been getting around parent approvals for more than 10 years, (Im now 19 and dont need to) You may get on and say that not all people are like this, and I know their not, but parental approval is an honor code, and honor on the internet is nearly none existent."

Yes you are right that some may "lie" but, with this warning and the requirnment, parents cannot dispute the case, as parental consent, theirs or not, was given. It is their responisbility to monitor their children.

Point three is in essence what i stated above.

Point four, you mention curse blocks:

"Point number 4, Blocking curse words would actually be a wonderful idea. We all grew up without curseing, curse words do not have to be in the vocabulary. Just be smart with it because you shouldnt block hell (since its also a place/thing) nor damn since that is also a thing."

I agree with you here. BUT this could be problematic, one, because the owner of the game has to implement it himself. Razmirz does not have the power to do this, or at least as far as I know. Two, wolfquest has this system, and people scramble words to get through, and neither would this halt trolls. Not to mention it may bar out normal words.
BUT I think that it could work if it was set for ages 13 and younger, so i agree with you here, I do.

Here you mention removing dances:
"Point 5.  Dances, since we all know that at least one person who helped design IT at least helped design FH (im saying at least because I dont know who did what and to what extent) cant they do something about the dances? I mean, IT had plenty of dances that were fine, and completely unoffensive. Can't we just replace this one dance or two causeing all the rape problems with some of those that cant be used as rape?"

I too agree with this, but it would also encroach the category of blaming everyone. Which you have already said isnt right.
BUT, I DO agre they need to be improved or at the last resort, removed.
Also, seeing as there is an Auto Perma ban on rape, and the mere mention, that will decrease it massivly.

Here, you mention banning:

"Point number 6. If you're going to ban someone and are tired of them just coming back on another account, try IP banning them. I myself have 3 laptops here at home, but one is my bf's whose I wouldnt use for a downloaded game, and out of my two, one's a netbook just for toting around to type things on and take college notes on and cant support the game. So the chances of them just hopping on another computer is rather slim."

If you read Razmirz's post, you would see that she mentions IP banning. Including further banning if neccesary, that would include millions more. Drastic perhaps, but a demonstration of what he can do.
So, in this, i believe it is irrelivant that you stated this.

Finally, I AM NOT attacking you personally, and you are more than entitled to your opinion, but, to me, most of your points already have stated solutions or are irrelevant, and others are pure asumption.
Although I agree with many points, I personally disagree with you. Which dosnt make you wrong, it is just my opinion on the matter.

Before i continue, YES you are entitled to your opinion, but in MY opinion, your statements are all but invalid on many levels.

Offline Colors

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: January 24, 2012, 09:18:29 pm »
This is awesome. Maybe without having FH in my last week of vacation will make me even more bored, but that's okay.
I think the IP ban is a great idea, though. Because there are some IT trolls (Not saying that I don't like the IT community, I love them, I play IT, btw.) that doesn't enjoy FH anymore, so they just come on in FH to troll and be banned. Getting rid of the trolls at once is awesome.

In my opinion, the buttswinging dance is not a huge problem. When someone just dances on top of my character, I just block or ignore. It's just a game, it's just an action. Block button exists because of that. xD And plus, is a funny action. I like it. In my opinion, it shouldn't be removed.

Thanks for everything, staff. <3
Colors

The path to heavens runs through miles of clouded hell right to the top.

InvaderTAK

« Reply #477 on: January 24, 2012, 09:22:00 pm »
People, this is what the BLOCK button is for, If your being trolled then block that user, or report them if it is so bad, This is unnecasary, While we may be punishing the trolls for no FH for a week, were also punishing the good people that RPed like your supposed to on this game. and I know that everyone trolls once in a while, Also if you dont wish to be disturbed in a RP, either block anyoen that trolls, or get the leader, you or a member to make map, or you can request a map.

Offline LadeVenom

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • uwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: January 24, 2012, 09:23:05 pm »
It's nice to see this posted up for everyone to read so they can be reminded of this. I think some people have to remember that this is the internet, there's going to be stupid people that you will meet. It doesn't excuse the trolls actions, however. I hope this teaches everyone that there will be awful people and there will be nice people, just like in real life. If you can deal with it, and if you're under 13, if your parents agree to let you keep playing, I think you'll be alright. But remember, if trolling really bothers you, and, of course, if your under 13 and your parents say no, I'd suggest to stop playing. I know it'll be hard, but there's other games, like WolfQuest. WolfQuest has a chat filter. :3

But, thank you, FeralHeart staff, for posting this and handling it in a smart, mature manner.

Offline IntelligentWolf

• Curious Wanderer
  • Whatever happens... BLAME TECHNOLOGY!
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt profile
« Reply #479 on: January 24, 2012, 09:24:50 pm »
I have a question, if you're about to turn 18 in a few months, are you exempt from having your parents look at the site?  Random/weird question, but I'm just curious.