Author Topic: Highly Important Notice To All FH Users Updated 27/1/12  (Read 332818 times)

Offline GhostingHowl

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 31
  • As iron sharpens iron, a friend sharpens a friend.
    • View Profile
Re: Highly Important Notice To All FH Users Updated 24/1/12
« Reply #580 on: January 25, 2012, 12:23:28 am »
Tom Von.. No point in arguing about whats going on.. These guys are not gonna listen to anyones opinions even if we are right.. I say we just say screw it and watch the "so called great plan" come together..

I find your post very ironic.

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
« Reply #581 on: January 25, 2012, 12:24:32 am »

This warning wasn't meant for trolls. The FH staff knows that trolls don't gave a flying wolf about rules. These warnings are for NORMAL users. To let people under 18 know that without parental permission they put themselves at risk, and to let normal people who simply like to joke around that this is no longer a little Mod and mouse game, we're serious.

We know trolls don't listen, this is fair warning to the regular users. Remember, not everyone who plays is a troll. Is it not fair to inform EVERYONE of the new rules?

Sorry for butting in, I mentioned this on the DA page, but... Yes, I know this is serious, but couldn't we have found other ways to inform everyone then by shutting down the game and hoping they would come to the forums or DA? Some people may not even think to visit these places. I only came here because I was confused about the "shut down" time. I forgot UTC and EST time was different :P

Anyway, what I was getting at. Couldn't we have just posted warnings or something on the login screen instead of shutting down the game? I'd say about half of the players won't even be checking the forums, but everyone has to go through the login screen to play the game. Wouldn't it have been easier on everyone to have posted warnings there? It would save FeralHeart from lawsuit easily, because you would have the warning posted. It'd be like the FBI warnings on movies, ya know?

We don't have the power to do that, and that would mean putting up a new patch XDDDD

This is kind of hilarious how ppl are reacting about this shut down.. How is closing the server gonna teach the trolls a lesson? Its just gonna annoy all of us who actually play it for fun where the trolls are now happy because they managed to shut down a game.. If your too stupid to just sit back and let them rape you then get over it.. There is these 2 special words that can fix all of your problems... Block them.. Its fast, its easy, and it wont cause all of this stupid bullcrap to happen.. Admins.. You cannot remove the rapists you never will be able to just accept that.. I personally know I will be "cyber raped" at least 3 times when I log back onto FH when they open.. Its going to happen and I couldnt care the slightest bit.. Parents stop whining over your computer and actually do something if u gotta problem with this "cyber rape" thing.

MY GOD. DID YOU NOT READ THE FREAKING FIRST POST?

The shut down is to force people to come on here and read this, because from know on, if you are caught buttswinging you won't just get a warning and a day ban or something, where you just have to wait out your ban and come back, hopefully learnt your lesson, but they never do, so we are now PERMABANNING. What does that mean? Well, it means you will be banned for a ridiculously long time, and unable to EVER come back on teh game. No warning or chance to learn your lesson from now on, enough is enough and you will be ELIMINATED.

Kyu, your saying even if we're totally away from other users and doing a buttswing, we will be banned?

No, I meant Buttswinging here as in buttswinging over people as rape. Why would we ban people for dancing harmlessly?

please click here! Help me raise my pokemon!
Signature: Kyugima, Rimfrost, Deafosho

DeathWicca

« Reply #582 on: January 25, 2012, 12:25:20 am »
I understand because 'Some people where argueing about rape happening to another user and it gets rather annoying, X.X kinda is sad can't see my mate on here,, Thank you for keeping the place safe ^^

Offline Jitters

• Mutant Turtle
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 146
  • Hero in a Half Shell!
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: January 25, 2012, 12:25:48 am »

This warning wasn't meant for trolls. The FH staff knows that trolls don't gave a flying wolf about rules. These warnings are for NORMAL users. To let people under 18 know that without parental permission they put themselves at risk, and to let normal people who simply like to joke around that this is no longer a little Mod and mouse game, we're serious.

We know trolls don't listen, this is fair warning to the regular users. Remember, not everyone who plays is a troll. Is it not fair to inform EVERYONE of the new rules?

Sorry for butting in, I mentioned this on the DA page, but... Yes, I know this is serious, but couldn't we have found other ways to inform everyone then by shutting down the game and hoping they would come to the forums or DA? Some people may not even think to visit these places. I only came here because I was confused about the "shut down" time. I forgot UTC and EST time was different :P

Anyway, what I was getting at. Couldn't we have just posted warnings or something on the login screen instead of shutting down the game? I'd say about half of the players won't even be checking the forums, but everyone has to go through the login screen to play the game. Wouldn't it have been easier on everyone to have posted warnings there? It would save FeralHeart from lawsuit easily, because you would have the warning posted. It'd be like the FBI warnings on movies, ya know?

To update the login screen would have required a patch, which would have meant everyone would have to come here anyways.  FH doesn't have (Or really need) an autopatch system yet.

Offline Sashastriker

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 33
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: January 25, 2012, 12:26:23 am »

Wow...That's a really good point. I hadn't even thought of that. Any of you mods, did you read that? That's a great idea...I think..

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
« Reply #585 on: January 25, 2012, 12:26:45 am »
Ummmmm, just to let all of you who say this isnt about the trolls know, THIS HAS EVERYTHING TO DO WITH THE TROLLS. (<-- only capsed cuz its in quick reply) None of this would have happened if the trolls hadnt gone so darn far.

Yes, but the warning isn't for the trolls really, because we know it will do nothing in their case, this is just to give fair warning to everyone else.

Offline graystar33

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: -2
  • high=low..figure it out
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: January 25, 2012, 12:27:43 am »
is feral heart+ shut down too?

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
« Reply #587 on: January 25, 2012, 12:28:29 am »

Wow...That's a really good point. I hadn't even thought of that. Any of you mods, did you read that? That's a great idea...I think..

The reason this wouldn't really work was posted previously.

is feral heart+ shut down too?

Yes, they use the same server, FH+ is just FH that's been modified.

Offline Dezu

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: -4
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: January 25, 2012, 12:28:49 am »
Either way we can go and fight about this all week if we want to. (Its probably gonna happen anyways XD) But in all honest reality the admins just picked a stupid way to express this warning.. Plain and simple.

Offline Spoonz

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: January 25, 2012, 12:29:05 am »
Pretty sure that updating the Announcement box would have been easier, patch needed or not. It would also be easier to see ( not many people come to the forum ) and saved 60 pages of bickering.

Just my five cents, but no one is getting anywhere here- I think the thread should be locked. It's getting pretty pointless.
~
The Question That Sometimes Makes Me hazy; am I Or The Others Crazy?
-Albert Einstien.
~