Author Topic: Highly Important Notice To All FH Users Updated 27/1/12  (Read 332826 times)

Offline Aunyx

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • You're doing it wrong
    • View Profile
Re: Highly Important Notice To All FH Users Updated 24/1/12
« Reply #600 on: January 25, 2012, 12:39:12 am »
This is getting way too serious and ugly,
This needs to be a locked post :/

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
« Reply #601 on: January 25, 2012, 12:40:14 am »
Ummmmm, just to let all of you who say this isnt about the trolls know, THIS HAS EVERYTHING TO DO WITH THE TROLLS. (<-- only capsed cuz its in quick reply) None of this would have happened if the trolls hadnt gone so darn far.

Yes, but the warning isn't for the trolls really, because we know it will do nothing in their case, this is just to give fair warning to everyone else.

I dont get your point. I need a warning because Im not a troller and do good things? No, this is completely for trolls.

Not only trolls buttswing over others. Some use it in RP when they and their mate are having "special time" and some don't realise it is wrong. This is for those who are don't know, and also to let those under 18 know they should have parent permission to be on here at all. it is NOT for the trolls.

My, my. 58 pages.

While nothing can be done about this new set of rules, I am also in agreement with Tom Von and everyone else arguing against this. You have my support. As I said in my previous post, it is far too strict and I've never heard of a gaming company that banned players for using a feature in the game instead of just removing the feature. It is extremely unprofessional. Free or not.

Trolls are everywhere and you cannot get rid of them. Every game will have them and this why measures are taken to prevent trolls from ruining other's experiences instead of trying to prevent the trolls themselves. It won't happen and it won't work.

Red, I'd like to see your explanation (since you obviously referenced my post) as to why a filter that filtered only offensive curse words would be bad for the game. Please, amuse me.

I'll be looking forward to seeing the outcome of these new rules regardless.

The filter not allowed? We had one on teh forum and people assumed it meant they were ALLOWED to swear. Giving them a way AROUND things just gives them the impression they are allowed.

And we are unable to change the game. Only KovuLKD can, and he rarely comes on here to see what the issues are, he doesn't really bother with that stuff. So unless you are willing to wait a year or so for him to notice this is going on, we had better do something ourselves, and this is it.

please click here! Help me raise my pokemon!
Signature: Kyugima, Rimfrost, Deafosho

Offline Leneka

• View Profile
« Reply #602 on: January 25, 2012, 12:41:26 am »
Thats not what Im saying at all. Im just pointing out to all of those who say this has nothing to do with trolls but everyone else is that this actually has everything to do with them

If it wasnt for them there wouldnt be new rules to begin with

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
« Reply #603 on: January 25, 2012, 12:45:09 am »
Thats not what Im saying at all. Im just pointing out to all of those who say this has nothing to do with trolls but everyone else is that this actually has everything to do with them

>.> Why does what you are saying change everytime? Yes, because of trolls we had to put new rules up, BUT they are not the only ones this is aimed at.

please click here! Help me raise my pokemon!
Signature: Kyugima, Rimfrost, Deafosho

Offline Sashastriker

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 33
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: January 25, 2012, 12:45:32 am »

This is people openly voicing their opinions. Opinions are good to some, and bad to others. This is the only post we have to rant and claim our beliefs on this where it'll actually be seen.

Offline Akita Silver

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: -7
  • You find us chasing the sun :3
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt! :3
« Reply #605 on: January 25, 2012, 12:47:44 am »

>.> Why does what you are saying change everytime? Yes, because of trolls we had to put new rules up, BUT they are not the only ones this is aimed at.
<----- seriously agreed

You find us chasing the skys,the space,the moon, the stars, the sun, in just one new york minute.

Offline Jitters

• Mutant Turtle
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 146
  • Hero in a Half Shell!
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: January 25, 2012, 12:48:16 am »

FH is a growing community. New policies must come into effect as it grows. We aren't saying the update has nothing to do with trolls, we're saying the downtime has nothing to do with getting rid of trolls. We have to change the rules based on how situations happen. With the larger community comes the need for stricter rules.

The downtime was absolutely required to get this point across.

Offline Leneka

• View Profile
« Reply #607 on: January 25, 2012, 12:49:02 am »

It doesnt change. I only point out more things as they come up. You can go through and check all of my posts. Not once have I gone back on something Ive said.

Offline Leneka

• View Profile
« Reply #608 on: January 25, 2012, 12:52:40 am »

FH is a growing community. New policies must come into effect as it grows. We aren't saying the update has nothing to do with trolls, we're saying the downtime has nothing to do with getting rid of trolls. We have to change the rules based on how situations happen. With the larger community comes the need for stricter rules.

The downtime was absolutely required to get this point across.

The downtime has served its purpose yes, I agree, but I wasnt talking about your post. Someone specifically said "This has nothing to do with the trolls. This wasnt meant for the trolls, this was meant for everyone else." And that is why I stated what I stated. None of this would have happened at all if it wasnt for them.

You can blame it on a growing community but Ive played WoW ever since it came out and they have over 1million players and never had they had to do this sort of thing. This isnt because theres more players, its because some of them are stupid and new rules had to be added specifically for them. So yes, this has everything to do with trolls.

Offline Aunyx

• You're doing it wrong
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: January 25, 2012, 12:53:35 am »

This is people openly voicing their opinions. Opinions are good to some, and bad to others. This is the only post we have to rant and claim our beliefs on this where it'll actually be seen.
I understand, but at 60+ pages, people's opinions (for the most part) aren't being read, things repeated etc. The point is across that the rules have changed. Now it's bickering.