Author Topic: Highly Important Notice To All FH Users Updated 27/1/12  (Read 332819 times)

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
Re: Highly Important Notice To All FH Users Updated 24/1/12
« Reply #770 on: January 26, 2012, 04:20:32 am »
It's a game, lol, that and this is the internet, come on, what do you REALLY expect, there IS a reason there is a block button, perma banning SHOULD NOT be an option unless someone tried to like.... steal the game or something idiotic like that, haha, other than that, I strongly disagree with it, the game WILL die if they do this

They game will die if they DON'T. Parents have been getting on the mods and admins backs about this, and if it is continued then there is a possibility the game might have to be pulled down. It will NOT die just because some trolls have been removed from teh game permanantly.

please click here! Help me raise my pokemon!
Signature: Kyugima, Rimfrost, Deafosho

Offline Oreloki

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 10
  • I may or may not glow in the dark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: January 26, 2012, 04:20:53 am »
But wait! Feral Heart will not die! I shall stand beside it until the very end! -points finger dramaticaly at nothing in particular- ok. NOW I'm done -_-'
Characters usually seen as: Karl, Oreloki, Avoel, Aroxuse, Climber, Xyrkain, Manxia, Rellik, Beatrix, Iron Man.

Locations usually seen at: Accession Island (I don't bother going anywhere else anymore)

Nimaril

« Reply #772 on: January 26, 2012, 04:24:35 am »
It's a game, lol, that and this is the internet, come on, what do you REALLY expect, there IS a reason there is a block button, perma banning SHOULD NOT be an option unless someone tried to like.... steal the game or something idiotic like that, haha, other than that, I strongly disagree with it, the game WILL die if they do this
  Maybe the parents shouldn't let the kid play the game in the first place? Overall, it would be the parents fault for having them play the game and have this happen no? they allowed them to play the game. Also, the game can't be pulled down from parents rantings aimlessly >.> Personally, parents who do this need to stop, its a game, its the internet, enough should have been said by the words 'internet' and 'game' come on now.

They game will die if they DON'T. Parents have been getting on the mods and admins backs about this, and if it is continued then there is a possibility the game might have to be pulled down. It will NOT die just because some trolls have been removed from teh game permanantly.

Nimaril

« Reply #773 on: January 26, 2012, 04:26:06 am »

Oh and also, eventually, more and more people will be permabanned resulting in many people being permabanned, thus, how many people will be perma banned? a lot, seen it happen, seen games die because of it, bad decision, keep this game alive please, mods

Nimaril

« Reply #774 on: January 26, 2012, 04:29:56 am »
But I'm done talking now, It isn't my decision, and I know that, if the mods wish to do this, there isn't anything stopping them. All I'm saying is, take in account the number of people who play this game and the features it has to stop this, that's all I'll say, debate without me :P by the way, my karma doesn't effect my honest opinion, even if you do disagree ^.^

Offline Jitters

• Mutant Turtle
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 146
  • Hero in a Half Shell!
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: January 26, 2012, 04:30:18 am »
I don't see why so many people keep posting " What if I'm AFK and someone buttswings me, why do I have to be banned bawwwwww", you really dis-credit the staff.

Mods are NOT stupid. I'm not an in-game mod, but I know the in-game mods are, in fact, not brainless. The permabans are for specific situations when it is evident another user is doing it to look like they are "Raping" another. They won't just be screaming "OMFG SOMEONE IS BUTTSWINGING BANBANBANBAN BWAHAHAHAH", no, they will likely watch to see what happens for a minute before dishing out punishment befitting of the situation, if one is even required. A dance line, for example, someone may be butt swinging and a smaller character walks underneath and pauses for a second. Now that user could either be trolling, or likely just looking around to find a spot to join the line. It would be a pretty lame troll if they didn't say anything, so the Mod may just let it slide if it isn't starting anything, as it IS a dance line. These things happen. Characters spawn over characters. The staff knows this. Awkward situations arise from silly things.

This rule is more strongly in effect towards people with lewd named characters who make dirty comments while doing it. THEY will see the permabans.

I honestly don't get what all this "what if" fear is coming from. Give the staff some credit, they are not bots, they are real live people with brains who are able to make sound judgement in a situation and (despite rumors) do have hearts.

Offline Balto

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • HEY, IT'S FLAMMIE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: January 26, 2012, 04:34:42 am »
here's an important announcement to everyone:

JUST CHILLAX AND PLAY SOME OTHER MMO WITH FERALS IN IT WHILE FH IS DOWN!! IT'S ONLY A WEEK!!

* is panting *  That would be all. ~ Flammie~

Offline Kelhati

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • People need to learn your age isn't your IQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: January 26, 2012, 04:41:25 am »
Well, Sameth, I think it's just that natural fear that comes along with the thought of being permabanned for something you didn't do, which seems like a real possibility. You know, the whole ASN thing.
I don't know, I do suppose this all is a tad bit of an overreaction, the mods will probably make the right decisions in the end..
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 04:47:01 am by ChervilChewer »
Hold fast to your dreams, for if dreams die, life is a broken winged bird, that cannot fly.
DeviantART
PleaseClick

Offline Canbeezy

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: January 26, 2012, 04:43:29 am »
Ok....so I've read all these pages....(all 78 so far o.o). I've only been a member of the FH community since the 18th, but I have experienced one incident of the "rape" scene. Since I'm a newbie I really didn't know what to do...so I just ran away before something bad happened o.o. Anywho a lot of the questions I had were answered in the thread...but what I'd like to know is about this whole banning thing. First I'm all for it, I know that the mods will take into careful consideration on who needs to be banned and for whatever reasoning. But my question is about the IP ban. I'm on a college campus so we all use the same internet server. I honestly doubt anyone else here on this campus plays this game but me...but who know XD. So what if another user that's on the same ip address as me...does something in the lines that gets them perma-banned, if I'm on the same IP address that means I get banned too. Is there a way that I would be able to contact a mod and ask them what should I do since I fell in the same line of the IP ban as the other user? I'm just wondering how this is going to be handled and how will they will be able to decipher the truth from a troll lying to get their way back in. I know it's a lot of questions to ask so early, but that's my only concern. I'd truly hate for someone to get banned from the same IP as another user who was being a troll.  So if any of the mods can answer my question I'd be really grateful ^^. Thank you, only a few more days left woot!

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
« Reply #779 on: January 26, 2012, 04:43:54 am »
Well, Sameth, I think it's just that natural fear that comes along with the thought of being permabanned for something you didn't do, which seems like a real possibility. You know, the whole ASN thing.
I don't know, I do suppose this all is a tad bit of an overreaction, the mods will probably make the right decisions in the end..

I don't think there's anything we can really do about it, except wait patiently until the game's back on, RP, have fun, and hope we aren't suddenly banned because of an ASN ban..

An ASN ban would probably be a huge last resort, if there is someone intent on destroying the game kind of theng. Razmirz probably only mentioned it to prove he was serious about what he was saying.

please click here! Help me raise my pokemon!
Signature: Kyugima, Rimfrost, Deafosho