Author Topic: Should FH make all worlds open to the public?  (Read 1932 times)

Offline wolf48877

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 17
  • I Put The Succ In Succubus
    • View Profile
    • http://tinypic.com/
Should FH make all worlds open to the public?
« on: July 15, 2014, 05:12:16 am »
bye open to the public I mean that you shouldn't have to download them... its difficult to download certain item packs and worlds, plz, if you agree with me let me know in the comments. But personally I think they should make all worlds public and not so difficult to down, I know some of you think downloading the worlds and item packs is easy but to some of us its not. if you like the idea or dislike the idea, then that's your opinion, but lemme know your thoughts in the comments. Hope u like my idea, see ya on FH!!!!                     Best Wishes~ Cloud and Ivy

wolfdog01

Re: Should FH make all worlds open to the public?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2014, 06:00:27 am »
Dis should be in game ideas I think...~
And I think it could be a good idea if there wasn't so many things made in FH. It might overload the system with all of the maps and items, even the mass markings if you throw that into play. Though I guess you could choose what maps to download and then it poofs up for you already or something.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 06:03:23 am by ~Thyme~ »

Offline ~Stargazer~

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 78
  • "Helloooo? Trickster."
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2014, 11:11:18 am »
The reason we need to download add ons like this is because we can't actually add them to the official game. Kov is gone, and he took the game's source code. We can't actually add anything to the game itself. I hope that makes sense to you c:

Preset Download
Will be less active until October 7th.

Offline Flatsoda

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 43
  • hOnK (o:
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2014, 04:18:39 pm »
I don't think so, and building on Stargazer's point, you can't actually add anything to the game itself via official download.
Maps and item packs are really not that difficult to download if the creator has set it up right. All it takes is a little copy-pasting and you're good to go. Some clicking if it's in an installer itself. Are you having trouble installing them, or...?

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2014, 05:12:01 pm »
Movin' this thread to the Game Opinions & Ideas child board.

As for the topic itself, I see a few pros 'n cons with this idea.

I will agree that by makin' downloadable mods like items, markings, etc automatically coded into the game will aid some users who may not be used to downloadin' add-ons or know not on how to do it altogether. In fact, doin' somethin' as such can make things a bit easier. I see where ye' get the gist of this idea and the simple benefit it upholds.

However, keep in mind that not everyone wishes for their creation(s) to be made public. This mainly goes with content like maps, textures, items, etc. Things of that sort. I'd agree with this idea if it allowed users to choose whether or not they'd allow their creations to be coded into the game for all to see and/or use but I see not a sentence that speaks that (unless I've misread). Which is why I'm more so leanin' on the reject. It'd be wrong to immediately, without permission, make every downloadable mod open for the public. There are certain personal items users wear that no one else has access to, textures some use that they keep to themselves or share with only close friends (one such texture is my moon mod for example), and of course we all have heard about private maps- more often used for private role-plays in the game. I foresee that if this was to be pulled through, while some users may be ecstatic about it, those who were usin' said private creations might become a bit offended.
Also, another con is if this were to happen, it could threateningly overload the game entirely. If ye' consider how many maps, textures, items, etc bein' created constantly by the users here, the game wouldn't be able to properly hold it all without collapsin'. Another thing to keep in mind. So even if, it'd be better that all the content not be put to public use but rather only a limited selection.

Then there's the obvious restraint that we cannot do much of anythin' without the source code which Kov hoards.
gone