Author Topic: Confused with transparent presets? Here's the easy way!  (Read 18288 times)

Offline .General..

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 23
  • Bowties are cool.
    • View Profile
    • Webbysite >83
Confused with transparent presets? Here's the easy way!
« on: July 20, 2012, 12:10:07 pm »
Alright, so when I tried to figure out how to do transparency, what with all the codes it's surely confusing so here I'm going to show you how to do it, the easy way.

First, we are going to need the preset, so open up some form of phot editing software, either photoshop or Gimp works well (I use Gimp). I usually use preset 1 as a base, so I know where to draw so open that up in gimp (Put the referance on top if you need them) so you should have this

For the transparency to work you MUST have an alpha channel, otherwise it will not work. To do this, right click anywhere on gimp, you have to scroll over, layers, then transparency and then click on 'Add alpha channel' As so:

Once you have your alpha channel your set to go, so change your tool to the rubber and literally rub out the parts of the preset you want to be transparent. When you rub out, if the bit turns white then back up! That means you haven't got an alpha channel and it WON'T WORK. When you rub out you should see the grey/checkered background, meaning it's transparent. Also, your preset must be saved as a PNG not a jpeg,like so:

Right so now you have your preset (Obviously you should put some colours on yours x3) but now we need to sort out the codes, this is the part where most people mess up so pay attention! It's not as hard as it looks. You need to go into your feralheart folder and into 'My_presets' you then need to find the file you saved your preset in, so in this case I saved it in preset_9. SO open that folder and you should see a file saying 'Preset_9.material' (Obviously the number will be different depending on what folder you chose :P), you need to open that up in notepad. Go to the bit that says 'material preset_9_bodyMatL' now this bit is hard to explain so follow the instructions on the pic. :3

Once you have done both the preset and the codes, if you have done them correctly, go into feralheart but when it comes on, go on preset maker, then click what number preset you chose and voila! You should have transparent bits on your preset :D

Sorry if it's a bit confusing, but comment below if you're confused by a certain bit or stuck or just cause you feel like it  :3 Hope it works for y'all!

Genny~

Signature drawing by Cakeindafridge.
Thanks for the drawings guys. <3
Whovian forever. <3

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 120
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • channel/UChLphw5s3-hS8EFAgnNv6FQ
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • Ain't nobody got time fo' dat
    • View Profile
Re: Confused with transparent presets? Here's the easy way!
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2012, 02:07:05 am »
I can't find the rubber tool. Can you help me find mister rubber tool? XD And im serious. Can ya help me find the rubber tool?

Offline Tenturo

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 73
  • small bean
    • Goldown
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2012, 03:40:45 am »
I do not have GIMP, I use Corel Paint Shop PhotoPro X3 which has always worked fine for me, but can It be used to make the transparent presets?

Previous Username: Woofkita
Avatar Art done by Exotic Foods on Discord | Sig Art by Inferni on dA

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2012, 04:00:58 am »
I do not have GIMP, I use Corel Paint Shop PhotoPro X3 which has always worked fine for me, but can It be used to make the transparent presets?
I will answer, if there is a eraser tool or rubber tool and if the checkered thing shows up when you select the tool and "Add Alpha channel" to add then your all set! I don't have any other art programs besides gimp so good luck find the rubber/eraser tool!

Offline Tenturo

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 73
  • small bean
    • Goldown
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2012, 02:28:06 pm »
I will answer, if there is a eraser tool or rubber tool and if the checkered thing shows up when you select the tool and "Add Alpha channel" to add then your all set! I don't have any other art programs besides gimp so good luck find the rubber/eraser tool!
Thank you. I do have the rubber an eraser tool on there, but I have to go back and check for the add alpha channel.

Previous Username: Woofkita
Avatar Art done by Exotic Foods on Discord | Sig Art by Inferni on dA

Wolflover87

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2012, 07:09:09 pm »
Do you know how to make transparency on just one side of the preset? C:

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2012, 07:39:42 pm »
Make it two sided, Woolfie.

Wolflover87

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2012, 12:47:30 am »
Yes I know that, but I don't know how to make it two sided AND trasnparent. I can make normal transparent and two-sided, but not combined

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2012, 02:01:29 am »
It's actually easy. There's an easier way to do two sided.

Offline .General..

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 23
  • Bowties are cool.
    • View Profile
    • Webbysite >83
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2012, 12:41:36 pm »
I can't find the rubber tool. Can you help me find mister rubber tool? XD And im serious. Can ya help me find the rubber tool?

Aye, sorry for such a late reply x3 I'm hoping you'd have found the rubber tool by now but if not, if you have gimp it should be in the toolbox, as seen in the screenshots ^3^

Signature drawing by Cakeindafridge.
Thanks for the drawings guys. <3
Whovian forever. <3