Author Topic: Failed to connect to map server. Retry?  (Read 5208 times)

Offline Zarago

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 47
  • Officially left.
    • View Profile
Failed to connect to map server. Retry?
« on: April 07, 2012, 06:53:58 pm »
Failed to connect to map server. Retry?

Alright, so, the game was working perfectly fine before, until I entered a map with a character, and now I am constantly getting, "Failed to connect to map server. Retry?," messages popping up whenever I try to enter any map.

Is this just me? Or are other people having an unusually large amount of these messages? Is there anyway to solve it without having to just wait?

Zarago

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
Re: Failed to connect to map server. Retry?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2012, 06:58:58 pm »
Issues like these doesn't solve themselves, or at least rarely does.

If you get this message constantly upon several tries it will remain that way since the map froze or crashed, and no matter who you are that enters the given map or which character you are on, what kind of internet or computer you are on, you will face the very same message.

The only way I know of this sorting itself out is when the map itself is restarted or the server has a reboot/restart since it would pretty much do the same thing to the map.

Custom maps can get these at times, and when it happens all you can do is wait until the server is restarted really. The very few times the server is restarted no matter what is when one of the official maps are down, since restarting a server with 800+ players online just because a private map isn't really something wanted nor the most effective way in the length.

It all depends really what kind of situation whether or not the server will get a restart or not. One thing is certain though that your character will work eventually, just that it might take time before it actually works again along with the map.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 07:02:02 pm by Red »
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline Zarago

• Finest Floof
  • Officially left.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2012, 07:03:59 pm »
I've tried to load the map several times, and then tried with a different character and tried to enter a different map (Fluorite, in this instance) and the message keeps coming. So for me, it's not just private maps.

I'll try restarting my own computer.

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2012, 07:05:06 pm »
In that case it might be down to your connection since flourite is working fine and you shouldn't really get that message several times when the map is working fine.

Offline Zarago

• Finest Floof
  • Officially left.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2012, 07:21:54 pm »
I restarted my computer, and then logged on with a character (Atratus) that I hadn't used for a while. It arrived in a private map, so I thought that it might be fixed, but, when I tried the first character (Zahir) I used to experience the problem, it still wouldn't connect. So, I tried another character left in Fluorite (Virtue), and that doesn't work either. Then, I went back and used Atratus, got out of the private map, arrived in Cape, went to Fluorite, and arrived in Fluorite perfectly.

It seems as if some characters have problems and others don't. Or maybe it's just where I arrive when I log on?

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2012, 07:35:06 pm »
Characters shouldn't really be the issue unless it's the actual map it's in that has problems.

Offline Zarago

• Finest Floof
  • Officially left.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2012, 07:38:36 pm »
Then I don't understand why one character can get into Fluorite and another cannot. What should I do in the mean time?

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2012, 07:43:49 pm »
I'm not sure what you can do if you "must" have a certain character that's stuck.

If a certain character is stuck in a private map it might be able to get looked into, though in general server resets is the way to go since it solves any sort of issues like these with the "failed to connect to map" message. At least that's the impression I've gotten from it. So pretty much wait it out..

Have you got any character that's stuck in a private map, and which name of the map in that case?

Offline Zarago

• Finest Floof
  • Officially left.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2012, 07:50:58 pm »
The character that I'm trying to get out of a private map is Zahir, and he's stuck in 'Merzales Forest'. You know, between Cape to that map.

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2012, 08:48:09 pm »
Apparently there's not even any map active with that name, so in that character/maps case a server reset would be needed. Before they'll work again.

Not sure why you have another char that's stuck in flourite though cause it shouldn't be since that map is working, get a slight feeling that your other char might be in the stuck map as well.