Author Topic: Map - with a group?  (Read 1358 times)

Offline Fleckihund

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Map - with a group?
« on: August 02, 2011, 06:25:44 pm »
We all know that we can make maps with Mapmaker, but I have a question. Can I use my own map for playing with a group or friends? When it works, how to do?

Offline Jitters

• Mutant Turtle
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 146
  • Hero in a Half Shell!
    • View Profile
Re: Map - with a group?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2011, 08:34:25 pm »
You sure can!

First you make a map in the map maker. There are several tutorials on the tutorial board: http://feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&board=85.0

When you are done making your map, you can export it, which is found in the map maker under the first tab. Once it is exported, go to your "Feralheart" file, located usually in your c drive, then click "Exports". Copy all of the files except for the readme.txt, to a zip file. Upload the zip file to mediafire.com, and send the download link to your friends. Once they download it, they unzip the file, and put everything in their own Exports file. After they do that they can find a portal to your map in the Cape of Distant Worlds.

If you have any more questions, ask away :)

Offline Fleckihund

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2011, 07:59:48 pm »
It works, thank you so much!

And how can I make two maps with a gate? I'd like to have a big cave :)

Thunderheart

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2011, 10:35:54 pm »
Look for the option 'add new gate'.
Open one of the maps you want to connect, put the cursor on the place you want to arrive when you go into the gate in the other map. Note the coordinates that appear in the brown box at the bottom on a piece of paper.
Then open the other map, go to the tab that has the gate option on it, and enter the coordinates you noted down. Then click on the button add new gate, and place the gate.
Do the same thing the other way round, then you're done.