Author Topic: Changing the Material on an object?  (Read 1210 times)

Offline Whitefangkiba

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 18
  • Witch Craft
    • View Profile
Changing the Material on an object?
« on: August 06, 2011, 07:12:57 pm »
Alright let me try to explain this right.
Ive seen many people "change" the texture of an object. I know the "basic" way of doing this but my main question is "how do I create my own material for the object?"

Ex: Say I have a rock, I want to change the Mat.file (material) into say the ground texture. ( so that it blends in with my terrain.)

I've asked a few people but I think I might be explaining wrong to them.
From what I gather I need to obviously "create" the material file, which is were I first get stuck. Do I just take say the texture for the terrain and save it in a png form? -lost on this subject- I'll just let you guys explain beause I'll sound stupid here x3
But I do think there is some coding needed? I'n not totally helpless to the subject just for the most part. ;D

If anyone could please help with this that would be really awsome^^ I'd give ya a big fat hug and nuzzle.

btw if your going to explain pictures would be swell..lets just say...im slow... xD

Fath

Re: Changing the Material on an object?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2011, 08:13:06 pm »
http://feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=10239.0 POOF

=D thats how

If you need any help such as making your texture feel free to PM me ^^ PM ME NAUUU lol

BTW this does not belong here C=