Author Topic: Water Glitch? Falling through my "Water Object" while testing map.  (Read 2232 times)

Offline Raiyning

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
I hope I'm putting this in the right thread, but I have an issue.

I'm currently making a rather large map that is a replica of this drawing:
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk252/PolyphonyOpinion/ElementalWolvesPacklands2.jpg

The height map looks like this:
http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg31/scaled.php?server=31&filename=whisperedterrain.png&res=landing

Now, since I want to have a waterfall in the lower left corner (see first map) I have to use the "water object" rather then the "ocean" option (so I can have the water at two different heights). For some reason, every time I test out my map I just fall through the water instead of swimming in it. I've tried breaking up the water files (using more then one) and when I did that, the characters would swim at some spots but not others. I'm not finding a correlation between the "water object"s dimensions or the height/depth of each area... so I'm kind of at a loss.

I've been in a map where this happens before, but I haven't been able to figure out why. Any help would be appreciated (since I have to table the map until I figure it out-- on the off chance I have to make a new height map because of it).

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
Re: Water Glitch? Falling through my "Water Object" while testing map.
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2012, 11:43:45 am »
If you make too big waterblocks there will not be collisions for the whole water, I do not recall exactly where this limit goes, but I think it stops at 7000 in size, anything bigger you will be able to just walk through.

Since you mention it's going to be a big map, guesses are your waterblock is too big to have water collision around the whole area.

Doesn't even have to be that, maybe you didn't centrate the actual middle of the water block to the middle of the actual "lake". When placing water and the water block is actually bigger than it has to be, try to always place the small block in the middle of any lake/water and then edit the size and height outwards to your likings.

If this is not your problems I'm not sure what would be. But if the water doesn't reach, you can always make several blocks if you line the up nicely, just to copy the same height and diddle with the arrows.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline Bloo.

• Space-Child ✌
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 191
  • nyoom
    • Bloopaloozer
    • Bloopalooza FH
    • aLittleProzium
    • Bloopalooza
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2012, 01:28:37 pm »
Also to add to Red's comment, make sure you HAVEthe show collisions box checked.

You are amazing <3

Offline Raiyning

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2012, 09:57:27 pm »
Thank you very much for the quick and detailed reply Red, and you too Bloo!
I'll double check all of these things and have some fun playing around with water. ;D

Offline Bloo.

• Space-Child ✌
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 191
  • nyoom
    • Bloopaloozer
    • Bloopalooza FH
    • aLittleProzium
    • Bloopalooza
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2012, 06:56:57 pm »
Good Luck! I hope it works for you!!!

You are amazing <3