Author Topic: Show me how to download presets?  (Read 2650 times)

Offline Yazur

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Show me how to download presets?
« on: August 21, 2012, 03:03:47 am »
I have some problems to download presets a little tutorial about how to INSTALL presets should help me. :)

SoulRevenge

Re: Show me how to download presets?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2012, 03:42:02 am »
Dis should be in da 'Game Help' section .O.

If your reffering to being able to see other people's presets, ask them to upload a '.fhp' file, after downloading from whatever uploading site they used, place it in your 'preset folder'.

Though, if your reffering to downloading presets you can use on YOURSELF, then you'll need to take a look at the files you've downloaded.

If the preset has the number '8' in it, for example, just place it into your preset eight folder and let it rewrite any information.
Though, note that whatever preset that might of been in 'Preset 8', WILL be lost unless you back it up.

Offline RavenShai

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 80
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2012, 06:18:49 am »
I think since they're technically requesting for a tutorial, it's alright, but I could be wrong xD

Here's how to download presets:

1. Go to the link provided to you for the preset and download.

2. Once it's downloaded, go to/find the file that was downloaded (normally it'd be in your 'downloads').

3. Once found, you should see the icon of the file as a black white piece of paper or similar to it, with the name of the download to it. Highlight and copy this.

4. Here comes the tricky part. Once you have it copied, go to:
   -Computer
    -HP (C:)
     -FeralHeart
      -Presets

5. Once you're in your preset folder, all you do is paste.

6. This step is if you were doing all the steps while still logged in FH. All you have to do is log out, restart FH completely, and log in again.

I hope this helps!
The Hobbit

"Where did you go to, if I may ask?" said Thorin to Gandolf as they rode along.
"To look ahead," said he.
"And what brought you back in the nick of time?" "Looking behind,"...

Offline Yazur

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2012, 10:32:08 pm »
Yeah but, i got a winRAR file. So i copy the file, and i put it in the ''preset'' folder. I start the game, and i go in ''tools''>''Preset maker'' but there is only some white presets in the Preset list. :/

Offline RavenShai

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2012, 07:47:58 am »
Oooh, I know how to help you out there. And if you're downloading presets for your character you have to follow a different set of steps :3

1. When you download the winRAR files, you have to extract them. There should be a button that lets you do this, but you can also right click.

2. Once you extract the files, there should be a folder with the name of the preset showing up with "copy" beside it. Double click this.

3. Inside the file there should be two things: high light and copy the file that's on top, ignore the bottom.

4. Once you've done that, follow these steps:
    -Computer
     -HP (C:)
      -FeralHeart
       -my presets
        -Choose any of the numbered folders but one and two. I suggest using one of the higher   numbers like five and up.
         -Right click and paste once you double click the chosen folder

5. You'll be asked to replace or copy the material that's already in the folder. Go ahead and replace.

You should know what to do from there, but just in case here are the rest of the steps!

6. Go to FeralHeart and enter your user, then go to Tools, Preset Maker.

7. Select the canine or feline option (this isn't really necessary, but depending on what the preset is for   I would select one of these options first, like if the preset is meant for a canine I'd click canine. You  never know xD)

8. Go all the way to V, and you should see a mini box with "presets" and numbers beside them. Go to   the one numbered with the file you used to save your preset in.

9. Once you have it selected, you should see the preset on the character. If you do, simply click   "export". It'll show you how the file is saved, which will be your username_the number you used to   save the preset you saved in.

10. After that's done, find the file with that name. It could already be in your preset folder (it's been   awhile since I've done this xD), but just in case it isn't follow the steps I've already provided.

11. Once all of that is taken cared of, go to FH, log in, and select the character you want to put the preset on. Go to V again, and click the "Use Preset" button. The file should be visible, simply click it, then OK, and you're done!
The Hobbit

Offline GlowingBlood

• Curious Wanderer
  • One Direction <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2012, 09:33:18 am »
where do we extract them to, ive extracted mine to feralheart>media>fearlheart>presets>preset 6

Offline RavenShai

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2012, 10:30:51 am »
That would mess it up, I'm afraid, cause you're not taking out the file you need.

When you click the extract option, it should already show you where it's going to be placed, which is normally where the file is already in which should normally be in your downloads. The extract files will remain there, just as their separate file because really they're just a copy of the original :3
The Hobbit