Author Topic: Installing the game  (Read 1631 times)

Offline Awry

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
Installing the game
« on: December 19, 2012, 04:50:11 pm »
Recently I've had technical difficulties with my old computer... and therefore no access to FH. I was hoping to install it on another computer, but for some reason the download doesn't even start. It shows it's running, but it progresses no where. Eventually it ends up saying 10 days until completion and such and I just give up. I've made sure it isn't firewall related. The only firewall on the computer is turned off when I download. I've also tried the torrent but end up getting a "Cannot display the webpage" type thing. Help would be much appreciated!

Offline Ingredient

• ~Dead men tell no tales~
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 366
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
Re: Installing the game
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2012, 10:03:51 pm »
That might be your internet connection or speed making the download slow. If you have a USB for example you should be able to just move the Feralheart folder onto that then transfer it onto the other computer.
Will be inactive due to work and exams.

Offline Astraea

• ❤ Positivity ❤
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 186
  • previously esarosa
    • Esar0sa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2012, 10:47:13 pm »
It seems your connection is too weak, try finding a better signal or changing some settings, maybe deleting some programs that may have viruses?
not active here anymore ♡

Offline Okami-Shiranui

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 49
  • "You want to change it, don't you?"
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2012, 11:28:14 pm »
Like stated above, it's more than likely internet connection. You could also try torrent. That's what I did.

Offline Awry

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2012, 11:43:59 pm »
That actually sounds like it's probably the problem. Unfortunately the laptop that used to have FH on it is currently in pieces and being repaired, so I can't transfer the game over. Torrent doesn't work for me apparently, as I just get "The webpage is unavailable". I can't configure many settings on this lappy because it's not mine ><... I suppose I'll just have to do without the game for a while ;P Thanks for all the help.

Offline Awry

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2013, 05:45:40 am »
Back again. I had to uninstall the game completely because "feralheart.exe has stopped working" whenever I open the game. I don't even get to the loading page. But again, I can't re-install the game. The installer makes no progress and never loads. I know it's not my internet, considering I downloaded FeralHeart using my internet before and had no problems at all. I'm getting a bit frustrated. Many thanks for any sort of help.

Offline Ingredient

• ~Dead men tell no tales~
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 366
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2013, 08:34:31 am »
Torrent doesn't work for me apparently, as I just get "The webpage is unavailable".

I tried clicking the Torrent download link and it's one of those "automatic downloads", it's not supposed to take you to a web page but start the download immediately. All I can suggest for that is try using a different internet browser.

If you can get the torrent working then hopefully you might have a better chance at running Feralheart.
Will be inactive due to work and exams.

Offline Awry

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2013, 02:11:35 pm »
I tried using a completely different browser. It doesn't open up a new page when I click the torrent, it just seems to reload the same Downloads page on FeralHeart and that says "webpage unavailable" or whatever that typical message is. The non-torrent download does the same exact thing as it did on my other browser as well. Simply just does not load. I keep trying everything firewall related but none of it makes a difference. It's weird, because I'm using my old lappy now since it's been repaired, and this is where I originally downloaded FeralHeart.

Offline Awry

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2013, 06:55:12 pm »
Thank you for everyone's help! I managed to figure out what was wrong and now have the game back. I'm not sure if I can delete my topic or not, but it's been solved! c: