Author Topic: Two issues... Map maker crashing, and markings issue  (Read 2071 times)

Offline Muxasii

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
Two issues... Map maker crashing, and markings issue
« on: October 29, 2017, 06:57:42 pm »
First issue, I can't seem to enter in my heightmap without it crashing afterwards. I'm not sure what I did wrong, because I hd the right size (513x513), grayscale, all 1 layer, and it's .png.
Program: Clip Studio Paint Pro
I absolutely hate using GIMP so I use my art program (which i've used tons of times before with map making and had 0 issues)

Now onto the second issue, I can't seem to see other's markings (or my own). I've installed it correctly, but it doesn't work for some odd reason. (these markings) Anyone know what to do? (RESOLVED)

Thanks for taking your time on reading this ^-^
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 12:51:04 am by Mitzeh »

Offline Azurain

• 🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃
  • Member Of The Season
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 183
  • an actual forest gremlin
    • lark-bird
    • View Profile
Re: Two issues... Map maker crashing, and markings issue
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2017, 09:06:09 pm »
On the markings, are you sure you're putting everything into the markings folder in the media>textures? And totally replacing everything, including the .cfg file?

Offline Muxasii

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2017, 09:17:11 pm »
Yep

Offline Kynvuu

• #Grimstagram
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 212
  • I'm not saying that it was aliens but...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2017, 12:29:54 am »
Concerning the map, have you made sure that the image is flattened? I'm not familiar with the program that you are using, but under the layer menu or either by right clicking on the single layer, there should be an option to flatten the image. Also make sure alpha channel is off and that all pixels are locked--there can't be any transparent parts on your map.

As for the markings, are you able to see the marking names in the character creator at all? If not, you may have the markings.cfg in the wrong place. Make sure that the .cfg is pasted directly into the main Feral Heart Folder.
On a temporary leave. Please contact other members of staff if you need assistance.

Offline Muxasii

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2017, 12:43:49 am »
Concerning the map, have you made sure that the image is flattened? I'm not familiar with the program that you are using, but under the layer menu or either by right clicking on the single layer, there should be an option to flatten the image. Also make sure alpha channel is off and that all pixels are locked--there can't be any transparent parts on your map.

As for the markings, are you able to see the marking names in the character creator at all? If not, you may have the markings.cfg in the wrong place. Make sure that the .cfg is pasted directly into the main Feral Heart Folder.

I can't see if alpha channel is on or off (I actually looked recently and didn't find anything about it), and there are no transparent pixels.

For markings, I might need to move .cfg around now cause it's probably what's up

EDIT: I talked to my friend and I realized that I forgot to put it in the main FH folder (I actually didn't realize it until just now LOL) so now I have markings!!! But my map still doesn't work so i need to resolve that issue
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 12:50:46 am by Mitzeh »

Offline Hakumi

• ✩ Just A Virtuous Smol ✩
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 130
  • A Smol & Helpful Floof ~
    • leanim3fr3akzoid
    • LeAnim3Fr3akzoid
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2017, 03:44:12 am »
Regarding the map,
Are you making sure that there's absolutely nej white on the map itself?
Even with greyscale, you can't have no wait spaces at all.. And the map has to be in fact greyscale when you save it.

Keep on traveling across this road called 'Life.'

Discord: Haku - Haku#74O7

Offline Muxasii

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2017, 06:50:32 pm »
It is grayscale, and I'm 100% sure about there being no white/transparent on the map.

Offline Kynvuu

• #Grimstagram
  • Elder Grey Pelt
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2017, 07:52:24 pm »
Did you make sure that you flattened the image as I mentioned in my post above? Sometimes that will do the trick.
On a temporary leave. Please contact other members of staff if you need assistance.

Offline Muxasii

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2017, 08:42:24 pm »
I flatten it before I save

Offline Kynvuu

• #Grimstagram
  • Elder Grey Pelt
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2017, 01:27:04 am »
Hmm. Did you make sure that you are naming the file correctly? It should be called “NAMEHERETerrain.png”. Make sure that “Terrain” is spelled correctly and included at the end. If you have done that correctly, the last thing I can think about would be to copy and paste the image onto a new canvas and resave it. Sometimes that will get rid of any possible glitches