Author Topic: Hacker  (Read 1827 times)

Offline Arandomperson

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 16
    • View Profile
Hacker
« on: November 27, 2017, 09:24:31 pm »
Ive noticed that close to maybe two months ago Age of Wishes, a warrior cat rp, was hacked and their group disbanded. No one knows who is was. Now later either last night or early this morning, Angered Skies, a warrior cat rp im staff in, was dis banned and and no one knows who did it. And none of of us staff would do that. So Feral Heart mods your long in page aint working so great now.
Merrp

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
Re: Hacker
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2017, 09:30:56 pm »
I'm going to move this to Game Help as this seems like more of a game issue rather than a discussion topic.

As for the problem, the login tab page shouldn't have anything to do with ingame groups disbanding. Is there by chance any more information that you have that we could go off of? 
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.

Offline Arandomperson

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2017, 09:34:12 pm »
All I know is that it happens when no one from the group is online. Im not sure if we are being targeted on purpose. Or if this has happened to others.
Merrp

Offline Insoholic

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 152
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2017, 09:41:11 pm »
Are you positive that no one of the group has shared their account with someone else?
Someone might have got a hold of your/a group member's password and might have disbanded the group.

Signature art by Kynvuu

Offline Azurain

• 🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃
  • Member Of The Season
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 183
  • an actual forest gremlin
    • lark-bird
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2017, 10:07:03 pm »
Not sure if this is really much help but I've heard a few people say their groups have randomly been disbanded and heard that it's most likely a glitch and not a hacker. Now I'm not saying that it isn't, just saying another possibility on what it could be before we jump to such conclusions.

Offline Arandomperson

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2017, 10:25:03 pm »
It would make some sense if it was a glitch, and no one from thee staff team would do that. We did have a person that was staff leave the rp and we got in a fight with them, bit it has been confirmed that it wasnt them.
Merrp

Offline FoxAndOtter

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2017, 10:28:23 pm »
I am the creator of Angered Skies and not only was the group disbanded but the password and email to the account were changed. and we no longer have access to the account.

Offline HOOOYAAARGH

• Forum Newcomer
  • And here we go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2017, 10:36:36 pm »
Okay, I am starting with AoW's group hacking/glitch(?):

It may or not have been a staff, but for Age of Wishes, they had some suspicions, at least I did, that an old staff from their roleplay that left and now spreads a bunch of rumors about AoW might of caused this hacking, since they may have known the password for Age of Wishes' recruiter account.
I could have been a glitch, since it felt like it when the first time Angered Skies, AS, was disbanded.
We only assumed that FH had goofed up and left us crawling through mud to recreate our group and invite our members back,
only now that it has happened twice, I suspect, I think Angered Skies' staff may too, that there was a hacker involved.

I may not be helping here, but it is a bit of evidence that leads to finding who is hacking these groups. Someone once told me that they once hacked some group's recruiter account because they were scared of the creator of that group because they were very forceful, and I don't blame them. But as I do not come to know them any better, they could be a extending stage to find out this terrible mystery.

I have to add, this person I talked to also said that they hacked the rest of that group's main admin's accounts, leaving them in the dust, I think, because they were afraid. They were explaining this in party chat, and I may have misinterpreted something, but their response to fear is kind of... scary? Knowing a group was hacked, even if it was a very bad one with forceful staff, it is not nice.
This person is ex-staff of that roleplay, so that explains how they got the recruiter password, but it may extend to finding other accounts to if they are willing to do that to settle their fear or anger.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 10:52:59 pm by Neednowords »
mrrow~

Offline FoxAndOtter

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2017, 11:31:46 pm »
That makes sense because two of my other accounts were also logged into and whoever got into them changed my chars designs to neons.

Offline Azurain

• 🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃
  • Member Of The Season
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 183
  • an actual forest gremlin
    • lark-bird
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2017, 12:03:54 am »
IT could very well have been someone that has had access to those accounts as well. As for personal accounts, are you sure you didn't share any of your log in information with anyone?