Author Topic: Presets suddenly not working?  (Read 1265 times)

Offline Vidathelion

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
    • www.deviantart.com/cynde
    • www.youtube.com/channel/UC90KdyZ
    • http://feebleturtleduck-artz.tum
    • View Profile
Presets suddenly not working?
« on: April 16, 2019, 08:57:32 am »
I can't figure out if this is only me. Has FH removed the ability to have JPG presets or something?
All my PNG presets are fine, but just suddenly out of nowhere, I've changed nothing, almost all but certain few of my JPG presets don't work at all. Not the ones that have been exported, the ones in the preset maker/area. I went to drag one of my year-old JPG presets into the preset editor to swap it with another one, something I've done loads of times with no issue. Notice for some reason the white wolf(the one I am trying to export) is not showing up, instead the previous preset(a brown wolf) is there with a solid white glitched face. Despite the fact that the brown preset wolf is not in the Preset_11 folder.
I put a random preset into the preset_11 folder(a PNG) and it shows up fine. For some reason the white-wolf-preset failing has tainted folder 11 and every other JPG preset if I move them because now nothing but PNGs work in the folder.

I tried deleting the export files, editing random things to no avail. I can't figure out why this is happening and it makes no sense to me as I literally changed NOTHING. It's just doing it all of the sudden and I can't seem to fix it.

I'm not really in a rush to fix this as TBH I can't even play FH on account of my PC dying but I'd like to figure out why it's doing this encase it continues over to the new PC.

Offline G4RG0YLE

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 170
    • View Profile
Re: Presets suddenly not working?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2019, 09:09:52 am »
JPG files should be alright in terms of using a preset with. However, PNG is the more supported/functional format with FH itself. Since you can do transparency and whatnot whereas with JPG files you can't.

Have you tried checking your .mat file to make sure all of the file names are named correctly?

© short ' cakes on Discord ♡

Offline Vidathelion

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2019, 09:14:37 am »
JPG files should be alright in terms of using a preset with. However, PNG is the more supported/functional format with FH itself. Since you can do transparency and whatnot whereas with JPG files you can't.

Have you tried checking your .mat file to make sure all of the file names are named correctly?

Yep, I literally changed nothing. Nothing was renamed, none of the already working material or texture files is wrong. I can't figure it out. Thought it was my PC going but NOPE it does it on my laptop with a new FH install :/ I don't know why it is doing this. Tried to re-save the white wolfs files as PNG, but nope, still does it.

***Tbh at this point I can just assume some karmic force somewhere in the universe REALLY does not want me to play this game. First the game breaks my PC, then the presets won't work even with uninstalling and reinstalling.
Some karmic spaghetti god hates my guts.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 09:28:00 am by Vidathelion »

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2019, 08:36:34 pm »
Sorry to hear that it's been such a pain for ya.
You've probably stared at the material file for far too long and still it looks correct. (I know the pain all too well, oof)

Mind posting it here for us to double check it? Sometimes it's good to have an extra pair of eyes looking at something. ^^
And give us an idea of what your files are named and what extension (jpg or png) they are.
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.

Offline Vidathelion

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2019, 03:40:16 am »
Sorry to hear that it's been such a pain for ya.
You've probably stared at the material file for far too long and still it looks correct. (I know the pain all too well, oof)

Mind posting it here for us to double check it? Sometimes it's good to have an extra pair of eyes looking at something. ^^
And give us an idea of what your files are named and what extension (jpg or png) they are.

Thanks ;-;
And I'd have to disagree. The file names or the mat file(inside and out) haven't been changed for years and have always worked and I'm pretty good with telling if preset files are messed up. Nothing has been changed on them. Has FH had a update I might've not downloaded that might make some presets void or something?

And sure! Do you mean the files themselves or the mat? If the files themselves is like to PM them, I've had an issue with someone nicking my presets when I show them publically so I won't do that 8/
Thanks for the assistance!

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2019, 03:30:57 am »
If you want to do that you can feel free to private message me the files. ^^ I will keep them private and secure while I look at them.

Or you could just post the material in:
[code]contents of material file here[/code]

and we could see from there?
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2019, 12:40:48 am »
I've had that happen when a bracket went missing. Goofed up all the others. Of course it could be a mat file for a downloaded object but I wouldn't think that would affect a new install like it did.
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"