Author Topic: Crashing Game-Map Related-NOT FIXED  (Read 2074 times)

Offline Bullspit

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 10
  • Deluxe chicken tender
    • View Profile
Re: Oof 1000
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2019, 09:21:14 pm »
hhhhhhhhh I'll check....

1) the only particles it uses are fire and a star aura and I think some waterfall smoke, but that's it for particles.

2) I checked and there are no _0 or _1 particles

3) the heightmap and terrain mask are properly made

4) it wont let me change the rendering system

5) Idk how to export them to a different group or whatever that one thing says lol

6) there are no duplicates in exports, I just checked

sigh

Vivat Rex

Offline Bullspit

• Experienced Traveler
  • Deluxe chicken tender
    • View Profile
Re: Oof 1000- Crashing Game- Map Related
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2019, 09:26:19 pm »
Literally came here asking about exporting the map and now the game won't open LOL

Vivat Rex

Offline Bullspit

• Experienced Traveler
  • Deluxe chicken tender
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2019, 09:27:35 pm »
Is there a way for me to delete the export without deleting the map? I'm assuming this crashing issue is caused by the export because it happened shortly after I tried re-exporting so I could write down the files it created.

Vivat Rex

Offline Bullspit

• Experienced Traveler
  • Deluxe chicken tender
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2019, 09:32:30 pm »

whenever I search the map name, this is what comes up. Anything look funky?

Vivat Rex

Offline Valar.Morghulis

• “Sometimes before we can usher in the new, the old must be put to rest.“
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 115
  • The many-faced God.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2019, 09:43:29 pm »
Looks like the name is vivat_rex, the “_” might be a part of the problem because people have suggested that this could also be an issue, although I never used any characters so i can’t know for sure

https://linktr.ee/Obsxura
Profile by Cittrus-fruit | Signature by Mistrel-Fox

Offline Bullspit

• Experienced Traveler
  • Deluxe chicken tender
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2019, 09:46:00 pm »
I'll change it and see, but will that delete the map since the map is named with that? Or can I just go back into map maker(given it works) and delete the _ in map maker?

Vivat Rex

Offline Bullspit

• Experienced Traveler
  • Deluxe chicken tender
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2019, 09:49:41 pm »
I removed all underscores and it still keeps crashing, not fixed :(

Vivat Rex

Offline Bullspit

• Experienced Traveler
  • Deluxe chicken tender
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2019, 09:57:25 pm »
I'm about ready to screenshot everything in every FH folder and post it lol something's gotta be wrong but I can't pinpoint what :(

Vivat Rex

Offline Bullspit

• Experienced Traveler
  • Deluxe chicken tender
    • View Profile
Re: Crashing Game-Map Related-NOT FIXED
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2019, 11:06:30 pm »
UPDATE: I deleted everything containing the map name and it's still crashing, so I'm stumped.

Vivat Rex

Offline Ame88

• ❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄ Winter is a .' - ` , ' - . ` timeless ' , ` - '. ` , - ' . season. - ', - ` , ' - . ` , Everything ' , ` - . ' , ` . freezes. `_,_'_-_._`_,_-
  • Admin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 217
  • Yeah I believe in Bigfoot. Nessi and Kovu too!
    • Ame88thewolf
    • View Profile
Re: Crashing Game-Map Related-NOT FIXED
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2019, 07:12:26 am »
Oh boy, I've had this issue before. Sad to say, I don't remember exactly how I fixed it. However, I do have some things you can try. Also, I've had that happen to me before, saying that "'blank' could not be found!" when exporting. As long as you are not using that particular mesh, you should be fine.

Also (again), deleting the exported version of the map in your exports folder will not ruin the map. Go ahead and try that to see if it'll work again.

Anywho-

First I kinda have to ask you a question pfft. When you open FeralHeart, does it crash immediately before you can even get to the login screen? If so, the only issues I can really recall would be those pesky particle files- which you already took care of. However, there is one thing that comes to mind. This was kind of a painstaking process the first time I had to go through and do it, but, make a separate folder on your desktop and bring up your particles folder. Select and move everything from that folder to the folder you made on your desktop. Not copy, but move them. Start up FeralHeart, and if it runs, then you're gonna have to put back every file one by one (or put all the ones you know are correct) back into the particles folder and check to see if FeralHeart will run. Whenever it crashes, just delete the file that made it do so. If that doesn't work, then definitely it's something else.

If the game crashes when exporting, then just try again and keep trying. Your computer might just be freaking out over all the stuff it needs to go through (computers are sensitive too). Make sure nothing else is running and you do not try to tab, click, or do anything so FeralHeart can take the computer's priority to run. Boring I know, but hey, you can go get a snack while waiting c; If this doesn't work, I would suggest grouping your meshes if you haven't already. This will not only hopefully help, but it will greatly downsize the .FHM files you need to hunt down and ensure others can see all the meshes you can. If you need help with that I can explain the process. ^-^

If your game crashes upon loading the map itself, then check your height map and terrain mask. You might need to reexport them. If that doesn't work, try finding a trusted friend to send them off to so they can test them, or reexport them if need be. If you cannot find anyone, I would be more than happy to do it for you. It's strange but sometimes I've had height maps and terrain masks go bad on me. Definitely paranormal xD

Other than that... All I can really say is you might just have to redownload FeralHeart and reinstall everything. I know I've had to do that a couple times, but sometimes that's all you can do. If you resort to that, then here's this suggestion; First and foremost (as you most likely already know) make a copy of your main FeralHeart folder (or to save time, just simply rename it to something like "FeralHeart Back up" or "FeralHeart 1". Anything works.) Redownload FeralHeart and put your usual textures, items, markings, ext. back into your freshly downloaded FeralHeart folder. Painful process if you have a lot of stuff, I know. Especially meshes, aahhh.... After that, you can find your map stuff in your backup and start slowly moving stuff from there over just like you did with the particles folder. (Note; I honestly am not sure if this will work, but it's worth a try. Sometimes all I had to do was just redownload FeralHeart and move everything back over and it was fine. It's a strange finicky map maker, I swear.) Once you find the defective file if there is one, if it's a file you know you need for the map, I wouldn't delete it, but simply make a copy and try to tamper with it to see if you can't fix the issue. What you should tamper with, I...can't tell you. I personally haven't had to do it myself, but am simply throwing out ideas based on what I've had to do before with map making issues.

I hate suggesting this particular option due to it being someone else's files and not my own, but you can always send the whole map and it's files off to me and I can attempt to fix your issue myself if they don't immediately work. But that's entirely up to you.

I hope any of this helps, and sorry for the wall, hah.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2019, 07:55:58 am by Ame88 »

Profile picture by Telluric
Thank you ;u;
Bio | My Creations
Renegade Row | FeralHeart Resort