Author Topic: How did you come up with the design of your character?  (Read 3314 times)

Offline Reaper

• Exotic Butters
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 72
  • OOF
    • http://firesboss.deviantart.com/
    • ravenmccain1
    • witheredfoxy12
    • View Profile
How did you come up with the design of your character?
« on: October 17, 2016, 03:15:40 pm »
For my characters designs I wanted my character Segador just to be a regular feline with just brown die and no markings and for Baine I was trying to make him more of a monsterous look, and hybrid look. So I made all of his fur color match the color of his mane, and as for his markings I just picked out random markings and decided the one I picked was good.

So, how did you come up with the design of your characters?

Offline Enoki

• Herba Chronographus
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
  • Who lives in a portabella under a tree?
    • FantasyFungus
    • EnokiTheDryphon
    • Enoki_G
    • View Profile
    • The Realms of Yugure
Re: How did you come up with the design of your character?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2016, 04:26:28 pm »
Ah! Interesting topic!

As f'er me and Enoki, I was just playing around with the character creator and the item packs. He ended up looking like a speckled forest when I finally finished messing around with everything. He wasn't meant to end up being used, but I liked how he ended up so I kept him. Later down the road, someone asked if I wanted a preset f'er him. Not knowing how to do such things m'self back then, I happily agreed to make a reference f'er him.

LOL. As ye can see, Eno's looks 'ave improved along with m'drawing skills. This was the first ever drawing of Enoki and I was darn proud of it way back when. His feathers look like the color of vomit, but hey, we all go through phases and Enoki is no different.

Tmw you planned a ten minute nap but instead took a whole year.
☙Icon by dA JRProducts; Sig by PocketMutt❧

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2016, 05:42:17 pm »
Aye, cool topic ^^

For my characters it's basically just messing around in character creator and liking the end result cx
Farewell everyone<3

ArcticGalaxy

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2016, 07:02:43 pm »
Just about the same as everyone here really, Azura started out as a random creation of mine, and then I kinda switched her markings up to give her a bit of a more human look. And the others...yeah just random creations. xD

Offline Kynvuu

• #Grimstagram
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 212
  • I'm not saying that it was aliens but...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2016, 07:47:50 pm »
I'm quite indifferent when it comes to making up a character. Sometimes I'll plan it out and other times I'll just see whatever I can make in the character creator. When I know I want to make a specific type of character either to hang around on or RP with, I will however plan that out. Usually I throw together a color palette and see what I can make of it. For Kyn, for example, I knew that I wanted her to be some shades of purple and blue. The markings kinda just came as I went.
On a temporary leave. Please contact other members of staff if you need assistance.

Offline Tortuga

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • Still trying to meet my pun quota.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2016, 04:23:30 am »
Ooh! Good topic!

For RP, I tend to design characters according to significant personality traits, since I believe it grants a nifty "theme" and direction to their look. For instance, I'll make use  of soft, cool and/or muted colors for calmer,  controlled and quieter characters while using brighter, bolder ones for energetic, spontaneous and loud ones. Other times, I'll use markings to make statements about the character -- like my character, Oyoo, who has permanent cub spots meant to reference his more childish nature.

Otherwise, I just make what looks cool. Particularly for "sparkle" characters. Heh heh.
This user is 90% real crab meat!

Offline amythealpha

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 17
  • I might return soon? I dunno
    • HummingKitten
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2016, 10:26:31 pm »
Oooo, fun topic!

For Lillie (my main FH fursona): I actually made the color pallet first (something I rarely do), and then put those colors together and messed around in FH creator for a bit
For HummingKitten (my main fursona): I actually based her design on one of my Mweor characters. Her name was Jessica I think? (That name always reminds me of the Pokemon creepypasta rip me) So yee
Oh jeez, uh, I haven't been online in forever. I joined in 2012 lmao, back in the old maps, forgive me for not knowing my way around.
My in-game username is FirecrackerTNT (previously known as amythealpha), but can also be found on lpslover. I used to also be found on the account Amythenightwatch, but I think the account was deleted??? oops lmao

Offline Vwang

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2016, 10:58:41 pm »
Wingedflyer was when I was playing around with patterns. then i kind of got crazy of it

Offline Melon

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 35
  • God in their worst form.
    • jennfelde
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2016, 06:33:53 am »
One of my characters named Rune was originally named Delta and was going to be rather cruel looking, I decided on a more whitish and more oceanic look and it ended up with Rune . Have no pictures of her.
Attempting to get more active. Enjoy the day!

Cheers!

Offline Aclediptus

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 48
  • Where are the Almond Doughnuts
    • aclediptus
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2016, 12:28:53 am »
Whenever I create a character (FH or other) I would always focus on building their personality first, then I find a color scheme that's matching enough. The colors usually come in mind spontaneously, but I'm a little picky on my choices and don't like it when one looks too similar to the other. I just pick what looks good and what reflects their personality the most.
Although I do seem to link my FH characters mostly with an elemental theme (iron, plant life, desert, caves, etc.)
i.e. Telluris, the old grumpy one, has dull brown colors and is affinitive to earth. But his green markings show that he's not all that plain, emitting more of a wise and calm sort.

Currently retired floof

Find me on discord: Aclediptus#7160