Author Topic: Favorite thing about Christmas?  (Read 5575 times)

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite thing about Christmas?
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2016, 07:47:10 pm »
Hmm, nice topic. I think that my favorite thing about Christmas is the snow, the food, and having my family around. Winter is my favorite season so I just love the month of December overall.

Christmas was hard for us last year, as I lost my grandpa in early December. But, despite all of that, we had a great Christmas that we shared. We ate delicious food: We usually make corn chowder with bacon in it :3 and Santa's surprise cookies (Peanut butter cookies with a mini snickers inside and chocolate drizzled on top), we shared some laughs and smiles and we enjoyed the season. It is a rough time for us again as a lot more has been happening but i'm hopeful that Christmas will be the same as last year's, if not better.

Even though Christmas seems to have shifted towards being a commercial holiday, I try to ignore all that and just enjoy this time of year as it's a beautiful time of year that I like to look forward too.
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.

Offline Hooli

• Used Napkin
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 67
  • uwu
    • hooiigans
    • xmanicz
    • k_tlyn99
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2016, 07:48:48 pm »
I'm such a winter person (minus the freezing weather - I love the snow though.)
Christmas is definitely my favorite holiday out of all the others.

Some of my favorite things are;

- The Christmas Eve party my grandmother hosts every year. The whole family comes together and eats dinner, opens gifts, and catches up with one another. I'll admit, it sucks not being one to get so many presents at the party anymore now that I'm older, but I still love seeing the rest of the kids in my family happy about their presents. Also we hold a secret Santa raffle every year, so I at least get one present haha!

- Going out and choosing a Christmas tree. The place we go is so cute - there's a little tractor ride up the big hill that leads to the fields where all the trees are, and we switch from the tractor to a horse carriage, which takes us out and gives us a tour of all the types of trees and different little characteristics about them before they drop us off at the type of tree we want so we can choose one to chop down. Not many people enjoy this and would rather just get their tree and go, but I think it's super fun.

- Christmas lights! They're such a pretty sight, and make me so happy and cheery. There's a ton of people in my town who love decorating for Christmas, and they always have the best, cutest lights up. I really wish we lived in a different spot so we could put up lights and show off our Christmas spirit, but unfortunately we're like- in a forest. I at least get to enjoy everyone else's though.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2016, 08:42:49 pm by hooligans »

in-game: hooli

ArcticGalaxy

« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2016, 08:16:17 pm »
These days I really just look forward to the coziness of Christmas, just sitting around and looking at the tree and watching those od Christmas shows I grew up on. Oh, and food. Gotta love the food!

Offline Reaper

• Exotic Butters
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 72
  • OOF
    • http://firesboss.deviantart.com/
    • ravenmccain1
    • witheredfoxy12
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2016, 08:44:10 pm »
@Kastilla That brings a lot of memories. I remember playing in the snow when I was younger, and I still do now. xD

@Zircon Haha I agree. :3

@BoxandTox Haha its alright. At least you're being honest. xD I remember being so obsessed with presents when I was younger, but I am not anymore.

@Morgrawolf Now you are making me hungry. xD Also sorry for the loss of your grandpa. At least he is in a better place now. <3

@Hooligans The place you mentioned sounds very cool. I am also a winter person. I don't really mind the freezing temperatures. xD

@ArcticGalaxy Food is love Food is life. :-D

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2016, 08:47:04 pm »
Thanks so much fireboss, means a lot <3

This topic is fun to read through

Offline greenart6

• The Chicken God
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 143
  • Spooky glowy ghost dogs
    • WornSkateboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2016, 10:19:56 pm »
Interesting topic! I'll have to say just the general atmosphere. It's so calming and peaceful when the snow is gently coming down, especially at night. It's one of those feelings I just love, when it's all quiet and peaceful. But then it's so cheerful and optimistic indoors, and I just generally like the Christmas holiday season when it's all cozy and generous and everything. Just good feelings all around.

And I guess I can't say I don't like the presents, too xD

Offline Komoe

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2016, 05:02:50 pm »
Reading through everyone's comments is giving me a really warm and fuzzy feeling ^.^ It's so nice <3

Offline Reaper

• Exotic Butters
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 72
  • OOF
    • http://firesboss.deviantart.com/
    • ravenmccain1
    • witheredfoxy12
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2016, 07:16:11 pm »
Reading through everyone's comments is giving me a really warm and fuzzy feeling ^.^ It's so nice <3

I agree it is fun reading everyone's comments. It makes me happy too. :)

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2016, 01:14:30 am »
I love basically everything about Christmas, but if I would have to choose a favorite, I know exactly what it would be

I live on a river, and many people who live on the same river I do own boats. During Christmas time people will put lots and lots of lights on their boats (not us, my dad absolutely refuses to lmao) and on a scheduled night in December, everyone will get on their lighted boats (again not us) and slowly drive them down the river, sort of like a parade. Many people from my town enjoy seeing it (and often struggle to get a good view of all the boats), but since my family lives right on the river (aka front row seats every year) it's pretty awesome. My family will often throw a party, invite loved ones, and I will get to invite a couple friends over. My mom usually makes so much food and hot chocolate and it's just so amazing. Often times boats will be blasting Christmas music and people will be screaming stuff like "merry Christmas!!" from the boats to houses and vice versa

Some boats have fancy lights (like a bunch of reindeer... one boat always has lights shaped as palm trees up every year lol), lighted blow-up balloons, and sometimes the sailboat owners will have lights all the way to the tallest point of the mast (just some of the many things people do!)

It's just so magical, and honestly this event never gets old. So there you have it, my favorite thing about Christmas ^^
Farewell everyone<3

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2016, 02:02:40 am »
I live on a river, and many people who live on the same river I do own boats. During Christmas time people will put lots and lots of lights on their boats (not us, my dad absolutely refuses to lmao) and on a scheduled night in December, everyone will get on their lighted boats (again not us) and slowly drive them down the river, sort of like a parade. Many people from my town enjoy seeing it (and often struggle to get a good view of all the boats), but since my family lives right on the river (aka front row seats every year) it's pretty awesome. My family will often throw a party, invite loved ones, and I will get to invite a couple friends over. My mom usually makes so much food and hot chocolate and it's just so amazing. Often times boats will be blasting Christmas music and people will be screaming stuff like "merry Christmas!!" from the boats to houses and vice versa

Some boats have fancy lights (like a bunch of reindeer... one boat always has lights shaped as palm trees up every year lol), lighted blow-up balloons, and sometimes the sailboat owners will have lights all the way to the tallest point of the mast (just some of the many things people do!)

It's just so magical, and honestly this event never gets old. So there you have it, my favorite thing about Christmas ^^

That does sound magical *-* Glad to hear you get the pleasure of seeing that every year and having fun with your family at Christmas parties