Author Topic: Favorite thing about Christmas?  (Read 5541 times)

Offline Reaper

• Exotic Butters
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 72
  • OOF
    • http://firesboss.deviantart.com/
    • ravenmccain1
    • witheredfoxy12
    • View Profile
Favorite thing about Christmas?
« on: November 28, 2016, 03:34:44 pm »
I have noticed a little hostility in this community lately. So I have decided to make this thread to help get your mind off stuff. Also since Christmas is coming I made this topic.

What is your favorite thing about Christmas, or what is your favorite thing to do on Christmas?

My favorite thing about Christmas is decorating the Christmas tree, and looking at all the lights people put up. My family probably won't put up the Christmas tree due to my dog because we are afraid that she will knock it over when we aren't home. XD We might put it in the basement, but who knows.

Anyways, what is your favorite thing to do and what is your favorite thing about Christmas?

Offline TwistedSorrowzz

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 36
  • The one and only Pongo
    • RonnoBoy
    • Faline
    • TheBlairWiitch
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite thing about Christmas?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2016, 04:04:20 pm »
I think my favorite thing about Christmas is eating the dinner; It just brings everyone together, And it's one of the few times me and my family have a great time.
On leave.
Information Regarding Wirhonte
http://i.imgur.com/Sm35ntA.png

Offline Kynvuu

• #Grimstagram
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 212
  • I'm not saying that it was aliens but...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2016, 04:06:32 pm »
Ahh what a nice topic here. I think my favorite thing about Christmas is the Christmas Eve party my family hosts. We have all of my mom's side over on Christmas Eve and I get to see all of my older cousins. Since we're all in our late teens, we normally hang out as if we're all friends, so it's pretty sweet. The party usually lasts until about midnight, and there's always awesome food that my mother cooks.
On a temporary leave. Please contact other members of staff if you need assistance.

Offline Reaper

• Exotic Butters
  • Community Champion
  • OOF
    • ravenmccain1
    • witheredfoxy12
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2016, 04:16:09 pm »
@TwistedSorrowz I agree with you. Bring family together is always a great thing. :3

@Kynvuu That sounds really fun. XD I bet you have loads of fun at that party.

Offline Komoe

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2016, 04:48:50 pm »
What a lovely thing to talk about! ^.^

My favourite things about Christmas are:

- Seeing all of my family members all together. I've missed them a lot since spending a few years living far away from them for University.
- Christmas dinner! It's always so amazing and delicious <3 Home made stuffing, tender turkey, giblet gravy...Home made pie!!!
- The excitement I get when picking out gifts for my family members! Or making gifts! And then seeing joy on their faces, and getting hugs and kisses <3
- The really pretty lights around houses at night. There are so many hours of darkness in the winter, and it really brings me joy and wonder to see colourful lights shining in the darkness! Some of them even twinkle :3

Offline Reaper

• Exotic Butters
  • Community Champion
  • OOF
    • ravenmccain1
    • witheredfoxy12
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2016, 05:07:09 pm »
What a lovely thing to talk about! ^.^

My favourite things about Christmas are:

- Seeing all of my family members all together. I've missed them a lot since spending a few years living far away from them for University.
- Christmas dinner! It's always so amazing and delicious <3 Home made stuffing, tender turkey, giblet gravy...Home made pie!!!
- The excitement I get when picking out gifts for my family members! Or making gifts! And then seeing joy on their faces, and getting hugs and kisses <3
- The really pretty lights around houses at night. There are so many hours of darkness in the winter, and it really brings me joy and wonder to see colourful lights shining in the darkness! Some of them even twinkle :3

I agree it makes me very happy when I see family members open presents and get all excited. Not only are the Christmas lights outside beautiful, but when it snows it makes it even better. It makes the lights stand out more.

Offline Komoe

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2016, 05:13:30 pm »
I agree it makes me very happy when I see family members open presents and get all excited. Not only are the Christmas lights outside beautiful, but when it snows it makes it even better. It makes the lights stand out more.

Exactly!!! :D This is actually making me feel really excited about snow. And I'm a summer person!

Offline Kastilla

• my mind is a sieve for inspiration.
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 71
  • [ ] make time go faster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2016, 07:05:11 pm »
I am such a winter person, but not just because of Christmas. I enjoy putting up the Christmas tree and all of the Christmas decorations with it, especially the stale popcorn strings along the tinsel. Of course, there is the baking and cooking aspect. Chocolate chip cookies, sugar cookies, peanut butter blossoms, the honey-sugar ham, green beans (and then ham and green beans for leftovers c; ), yams, mashed potatoes, potato soup, hot chocolate, and eggnog! Ah, you know I like food.

When it snows, I get happy. Reminds me of my childhood, and how I would pretend to be a horse, Pegasus, and wolf. Snowmen, an attempt to make a snow horse or wolf. Puffy coats, puffy gloves, and chilly fingertips that warm right up with hot chocolate. The smell of the Christmas tree, the lights in the dark night, and the candles my mother burns.

It's just a beautiful time of year. However, my foreign friend does not celebrate it. Perhaps I can give him a tad feel of Christmas, just for a friend. <3
stinky dog coming through, don't mind me!

Offline Morqque

• A Positive Nihilist
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 123
  • In the shadow of the light from a black sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2016, 07:20:38 pm »
My favorite thing about Christmas is the nostalgic and comfy feeling
that Christmas Eve and Day brings.
And also waking up extra extra early to make coffee-cocoa and just sitting by the tree in the early
dawn light waiting for the family to wake up.

and also semi screaming at my family to wake up cause presents dude presents

Offline Nak3dAng3l

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2016, 07:33:39 pm »
presents. i'm such a selfish person but the presents are the best since my family generally invests the most money into that day.