Author Topic: Why is the registry opening and closing?  (Read 1159 times)

Offline SyvaTheWolf123

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Just your friendly neighborhood Homestuck trash
    • View Profile
Why is the registry opening and closing?
« on: March 14, 2014, 12:30:02 am »
My fiend wishes to have an account so he can play the game with me, but the registry has been closed. I noticed that it recently opened and I told him to go register so we could play this weekend, but by the time he got on the website it was closed. This was around 3:50 pm today, Pacific standard time, March 13 2014. I'm curious as to why the registry seems to only be open at certain times of the day. Is this to cut down the number of people registering per day? Or is this some internal issue with the site? If there is reason for this, which I'm positive there is, what times during the day is the registry open so that my friend can make an account?

Offline OreoHeroz

• Taco-Hat
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 142
    • View Profile
Re: Why is the registry opening and closing?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2014, 12:48:43 am »
A lot of new users appearing here in FH all the time, so the server isn't very happy with so many users. Because of this, the registrations will now be opened and closed at random times. There's not much point in sitting and refreshing the page every minute. I think it opens first in the start of an hour and it also remains open for about two hours or so. Best thing to do is to refresh the page or checking the forum every couple of hours. It just takes persistence. So long as they keep checking in, they will find the site open, hopefully.

Offline SyvaTheWolf123

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Just your friendly neighborhood Homestuck trash
    • View Profile
Re: Why is the registry opening and closing?
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2014, 01:20:53 am »
Oh okay. Thank you for letting me know! Very helpful, I will check back here every hour or so until I can catch it  ;D