Author Topic: When will the hacker be found?  (Read 2074 times)

Offline A.P.S.

• Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 38
    • View Profile
When will the hacker be found?
« on: December 24, 2015, 07:09:17 am »
Hey, for you all on the forums games, you might has noticed I've stopped playing... That is because ever since the hacker came and everything has been logged off and logged on and all this stuff about keeping windows open and all, move people have kept coming and I couldn't keep track. It was taking hours to get everything to the point I had no updates for about 10 seconds before someone posted again. In other words, I pile of typing and headaches and soon, even getting bored.

So... There is another problem with this... I can't get onto my other account, in other words, the only one I can make characters on. If I try to log into my other account, to just logs me into this one. (A.P.S.)

Any characters I have on this account, I don't play on or I have too many good memories to delete... Really. The only character I sometimes play on is APS, my "fursona" that turned more into a FNAF OC. o-O' Don't ask how that happened.

So if anyone can tell me when the hacker will be stopped and/or the thing where we have to log into the site to log into the game, then please tell me. I can't get on my other account and I really wanna get on it.

Offline Edolicious

• Luck o' the Irish
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 108
  • Luck O' the Irish
    • Edolicious
    • Edolicious
    • View Profile
Re: When will the hacker be found?
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2015, 07:28:42 am »
I'm not entirely sure if anyone has any news on who the hackers were, but that's why this new login system is in place. So that if it ever happens again, the staff will know who it is.

As for your accounts, have you been logging onto the login web page with one account name, then logging into the game on another?
« Last Edit: December 24, 2015, 07:31:10 am by .Edolicious. »
Sig by https://twitter.com/limesquares
Avatar by https://deviantart.com/atachi00
Always do the right thing, even if no one is watching.

AutumnTheWulf

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2015, 07:37:26 am »
Try deleting your history on the browser you're using for loggin into the game, and also try deleting all saved passwords on that browser.
If you want to play with both accounts I reccomend you using different browsers for each account.
And make sure whenever you login into that account, you have that Window opened.

Offline A.P.S.

• Honored Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2015, 07:58:15 pm »
Firefox is the only web browser I'm used to. Chrome for me is laggy and I don't know about Internet Explorer...

I tried IE and this was the first page that came up: https://support.skype.com/en/howto/windows-desktop/

I don't have a Skype account, I only tried to download it and it failed badly.

I also just tried logging in on my other account and it said the password/username was wrong or I didn't have an account. I got the password and username right.

Chrome did the same thing.

I used the login link and it just deleted what I typed.

By using Chrome, it just stays on the login page.

So is this thing gonna be there forever? ;-;

My eye has also been hurting today. :/ EYE just don't know what I'll do.

Offline A.P.S.

• Honored Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2016, 12:01:18 am »
Sorry for posting twice, but I still can't get in Feral-Heart on my other account.

Since this has happened, I don't think I've even been on Feral-Heart more than 2 times, I haven't even updated my signature... Heh...

But really, can someone please tell me if anyone else has had this problem? I tried logging in again on AngelPaws (My other account.) and it said the password/username was wrong or I didn't have an account.

This has gone on for what, two months or so? I don't even remember.

So I guess I won't be able to log into my other account forever or what? Have we even found the hacker yet or have we just been working on Presets and Christmas/New Years events?!

Who think this would be easier to sort out if Kovu was there here?

Offline G4RG0YLE

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 170
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2016, 07:37:59 am »
So I guess I won't be able to log into my other account forever or what? Have we even found the hacker yet or have we just been working on Presets and Christmas/New Years events?!

Please, be patient. The Staff can not straight up find someone random and go "oh hey, yeah you, you're the hacker" when they need to find out who it REALLY is. Even so, what's the point exactly? The server is up and running now, people can still login and the game is overall safe, what difference is it going to make if they actually find the guy/girl that did it? We and the Staff are trying to move on, let's not show any negative vibes towards the Staff because they're keeping the community cheerful by hosting these events. The login system is there for a reason; and that's the first step to finding the hacker. Should the script kiddy decide to try and hack again, they'll need to login to the new system, and if they mess with the game again the Staff will know exactly who it is.
As for Kovu, he's not coming back, let's face it. We do not need him either. While the community is still a happy place to be, there is no need to be greedy and ask for updates, it is not the responsibility of the Staff to be trying to get the source code, only to look after the game and the members in it. I think even KovuLKD would agree to the new system anyway, should this be the first suggestion the Staff come up with.
Now to your problem, have you tried looking thoroughly into This Thread?

© short ' cakes on Discord ♡

Offline HollowWolf

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 33
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2016, 10:13:08 am »
As Shurtle said, the staff team have done a great job on the issue. If you have trouble logging in in-game after our advice to you, then maybe contact a staff for help, unless you've already done that. There's really no reason to complain, as the staff have done a fantastic job getting the game playable for the community again, especially Razmirz, and without them, FH wouldn't be alive. I understand you are unable to access the game at the moment, but really, you should be thanking them for their work.

Kovu isn't coming back, as Shurtle stated, so there's nothing that can be done, that needs to be taken into recognition. Sure, it's unfortunate but he has been gone for a while, so no use complaining.

As for the hacker situation, the staff keep whatever is found out to themselves, as the problem with the game is fixed. There's really no need for the commotion over the staff and such. But if you can't fix the problem, contact a staffer.
Side account for Sigyn

Offline Skullfrost

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 29
    • @x_skulleh
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2016, 01:59:03 pm »
The hacker has already been found- or at least their identities are known

maybe not all of their FH identities but some people knew them from way before the hacking and recognized them

Offline PrettyReckless

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 218
    • RecklessAce
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2016, 02:19:47 pm »
Sorry to hear your game isn't letting you in. The whole thing sort of puzfles me. Have you looked in older help threads as well to see if someone has the same issue?
You are capitalizing the username and password correctly?
Are you logged into the forum on this account; trying to log onto another, on the same browser?

I know I've never experienced problems logging onto my alt accouts, however I use Microsoft edge for browsing, and keep the login page on firefox running behind the windows.

I can assure you that staff aren't just sitting about and working on maps and events. They've all been working very hard to find a solution which would work for everyone.
There are always going to be rumours here and there regarding staff not doing much or just sitting about in FP.
Since I've been here since 2012, and known a lot of the current and previous  staff since late 2012.. I know it may look that way at times, however there's more to the work they put in than may be visible. For example the deviantart, keeping it clean and updated. That is merely one thing out of many.

Whether it would be easier or not if Kovu was here, we'll never know. Maybe it'd be easier if the staff had the source code and could make changes.
RETIRED.

Offline A.P.S.

• Honored Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2016, 05:19:02 pm »
Staff has helped in the past, and I do thank them for bringing the game back up, but I do have a question, what was the last update you saw about the hacker? Or did the banner say about a preset winner?

While they might be making the game cheery in a horrible time, I think one thing that could work is trying to go (As much as this is something I'd never say...) a... Maybe some more advanced player finding tools? What are the chances that the hacker will log into the game he/she hacked just to be banned?

That's my idea anyways, not like they matter to anyone as I've seen in the past since FreeRealms, but it's worth a try.

Sorry for seeming mad today, I woke up from a weird dream where I was playing a creepy Last Moon and something else... :/ At least the snow stayed today.

Edit: Well stuff me in a Freddy Fazbear suit and make me do a show, I was misspelling my username... My brain finally added a space and I think I got it to work... I feel so dumb. X'D

Sorry you floofs, heh... Yeah, I messed up pretty bad this time. Mods, you can lock this now.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 05:32:16 pm by Angelica Smith »