Author Topic: Where Did the Preset Uploader Go?  (Read 3097 times)

Offline Komoe

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 9
    • View Profile
Where Did the Preset Uploader Go?
« on: January 29, 2017, 05:20:42 am »
Hey guys! ^.^

Previously, under the User Panel, we used to be able to upload our presets for the Preset Sync. But that's disappeared! I'm not sure if this means Preset Sync was deemed obsolete, and they're ending it? Perhaps there's a new place to upload our presets? Maybe I'm blind? I really don't know, but if anyone knows anything about this, I'd really appreciate your help ^_^

*hugs the floofs* <3

Offline sanrio

• Grumpy Overlord
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 108
    • kiyatii
    • View Profile
Re: Where Did the Preset Uploader Go?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2017, 05:21:59 am »
To my knowledge Preset Central is the new Preset Sync, It's also a lot less work than Preset Central!
It can be found here:
https://feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=59227.0

Avatar by byambyy | Signature by rykerclawss

Offline Komoe

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2017, 05:36:17 am »
Hmm :/ I love the idea! And it's great! But Preset Central is run by human hands only, and not by a constantly updating server like Preset Sync. What if something happens to poor Vortex?

I've just put my preset in Preset Central :) but I'm hoping someone might know what's happening with Preset Sync!

Offline sanrio

• Grumpy Overlord
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 108
    • kiyatii
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2017, 05:37:59 am »
Hmm :/ I love the idea! And it's great! But Preset Central is run by human hands only, and not by a constantly updating server like Preset Sync. What if something happens to poor Vortex?

I've just put my preset in Preset Central :) but I'm hoping someone might know what's happening with Preset Sync!
Vortex has been updating Preset Central ever since he started it up, and as for Preset Sync I haven't heard anyone say anything about it. I think it must have died out. -Shrugs-

Avatar by byambyy | Signature by rykerclawss

Offline Komoe

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2017, 05:43:45 am »

Vortex has been updating Preset Central ever since he started it up, and as for Preset Sync I haven't heard anyone say anything about it. I think it must have died out. -Shrugs-
Aw I hope not! Thank you for your help too ^_^ I really appreciate it!

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2017, 06:37:46 am »
Preset Sync hasn't died out at all. It is still up and running and i'm sure there are still a number of players that use it and more would use it if there was more updated information on it. The current tutorial on it is old but still may help guide you along. The software that was BitTorrent Sync is now Resilio Sync and so some elements of the setup are different. I might be making a tutorial on how to use it later on.

There is also a video tutorial here that may help you as it walked me through how to do it: https://feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=53457.0

Here is the old tutorial: https://www.feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=39845.0
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 06:41:52 am by MorgraWolf »
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.

Offline razmirz

• The Janitor (Please contact other members of staff if necessary they will escalate issues to me)
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 302
  • Soul Nomming Goodness
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2017, 12:03:06 am »
Preset sync is a little dead I must admit.... not completely though but you cant at present add more presets too it... Its also become more of a pain to set-up than my original method the programs have changed etc. I am looking to redo it when I have a chance with something that’s far less work to configure. But at present I have a few other more pressing fixes to complete first before I even consider that. But yeah watch this space on preset sync.
Please contact other members of staff if necessary they will escalate issues to me

Offline Komoe

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2017, 04:54:17 am »
Preset Sync hasn't died out at all. It is still up and running and i'm sure there are still a number of players that use it and more would use it if there was more updated information on it. The current tutorial on it is old but still may help guide you along. The software that was BitTorrent Sync is now Resilio Sync and so some elements of the setup are different. I might be making a tutorial on how to use it later on.

There is also a video tutorial here that may help you as it walked me through how to do it: https://feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=53457.0

Here is the old tutorial: https://www.feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=39845.0
Thank you for your input Mogra ^_^ I have preset sync set up already, I just can't add any more presets to it via the uploader, which used to be in the User Panel. Razmirz explained for me.

Preset sync is a little dead I must admit.... not completely though but you cant at present add more presets too it... Its also become more of a pain to set-up than my original method the programs have changed etc. I am looking to redo it when I have a chance with something that’s far less work to configure. But at present I have a few other more pressing fixes to complete first before I even consider that. But yeah watch this space on preset sync.
Thank you for explaining the situation to me Raz ^_^ Now I know I'm not crazy! The preset loader was removed.

My question has been answered! Thank you everyone <3 This thread can be closed.

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2017, 05:05:51 am »
Locking this c:
Farewell everyone<3

Offline razmirz

• The Janitor (Please contact other members of staff if necessary they will escalate issues to me)
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 302
  • Soul Nomming Goodness
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2017, 01:19:07 am »
https://feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=39845

It might be locked but its not over :P I found the time and remade it.
Please contact other members of staff if necessary they will escalate issues to me