Author Topic: Game etiquette?  (Read 2587 times)

Offline Keiththewolf

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
Game etiquette?
« on: December 03, 2011, 03:51:14 am »
Ok, being new, and also shy, I'm not really sure how to find friends on this game. But it's not  that I don't want to, it's just that everyone seems to busy. To me, it'd be rude to interrupt someone if they were RPing, or talking to a friend. And I can't tell who is busy, and who's not either. I don't really want to make people mad, since I do know what it feels like when people barge in on RPs without permission. Ofcourse, maybe I'm being too polite, that I won't get to RP with anyone. What do you all think? Any pointers for getting to roleplay, while still showing a sense of etiquette?
Evil...evil live in the giant Rubrik's Cube! (If you don't get it, look up Kharzem Fortress from Skyland) XD

Offline HowlStar

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
    • View Profile
Re: Game etiquette?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2011, 04:02:37 am »
I was like that when I was new, too ^^. I had no friends until I went to the temple and met a bunch of people. After we began talking became close friends :D

Just attempt to be a little more outgoing((which is what I did, and I'm extremely shy xD)), or join an RP. I'd say joining an RP would be easier, so find an interesting one and maybe join it. Watch General chat for group advertisements and look for one you might wanna join. You'll make friends in no time!

My in-game username is HowlStar. I just felt like I needed to put that in here :3 I'm on a lot, but usually on FH+
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 02:04:53 pm by Larka »
FORMERLY KNOWN AS LARKA

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2011, 04:03:56 am »
My ingame user is Kyugima, but i don't really get on too much anymore.

And talking to people here on teh forum is also a good way to make friends. Go to the group section, find an interesting RP is another way, if you can't find any ingame.

please click here! Help me raise my pokemon!
Signature: Kyugima, Rimfrost, Deafosho

Offline Keiththewolf

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2011, 04:08:27 am »
Ah, thank you both! ^^ It's just I don't really like p****** others off, so I try to mind my own buisness. But like you both said, I need to get more involved. Thank you! :)
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 04:09:44 am by Kyugima. »
Evil...evil live in the giant Rubrik's Cube! (If you don't get it, look up Kharzem Fortress from Skyland) XD

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2011, 05:59:29 am »
I don't want to sound like a bad admin but the word "etiquette" doesn't really exist to many of those that are playing FH.

If I were you there shouldn't be much so worry about interrupting others since in many places it's all about who's the best on getting everyone elses attention, or atleast, that's how it seems at times. However we're all different and I do understand what you mean here.

The roleplays usually comes to the user looking for one. Players tend to advertise their roleplays in either general chat or movie clips. If you are into the roleplaying business then you can actually just sit around and wait for a text that looks interesting and whisper the given person or meet up at a place the mention in the ad. The rest will move on from there. Later on when you've figured it out some more you can start hosting your own aswell with some patience.

If you just want to make friends it's not hard, you can be a more laid back and walk around to users that doesn't seem to do too much at the moment, join roleplays etc. The only one that holds it back is really you. I'm not joking when I'm saying this but at times you can pretty much sit still in a somewhat populated area and users will come over to you and ask things or just talk some.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline bramblestar34003

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2011, 06:27:58 am »
PLEASE HELP! it say chatting limit is reached! what do i do? who do i contact? please respond!

Offline Common Amethyst

• Forum Newcomer
  • It can't rain forever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2011, 07:21:11 am »
I learned about Feral Heart today and decided to check it out. I am glad I did. So I am new and trying to make friends as well. I was once the very shy type but I am not really shy anymore. However as you said, it feels a bit rude to interrupt people when they are in the midst of conversation or RP. Problem is there is not a moment in which they are not in conversation or RP. Haha. So I am going to try your suggestions and hopefully I will make some friends soon =)

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2011, 07:45:49 am »
If only the majority of the users on FH were as considerate as you guys.

Good luck with your Feralheart-ing
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline Keiththewolf

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2011, 05:50:27 pm »
Thanks! ^^ Good luck managing us all! XD